5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer
As with many I am sure I have looked at more widely advertised and expensive alternatives to this and thought " not sure I am prepared to pay that much" then looked at this and thought " yes but can it do what it says at that price?"

Published 9 months ago by sl sloan

3.0 out of 5 stars too thick
its too thick and dense not that much light gets free this is probably the downside to the cheap version, its a decent as a diffuser head on, but as its meant {straight up} its not powerful at all
Published 14 months ago by LeeLee

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Happy Customer, 16 July 2014
This review is from: Universal Cloudy Colour with 3 Colour Lambency Flash Diffuser For All Flashes (Electronics)

Well I ordered this 2 evenings ago, it arrived, I out it on my camera and it works! And it works very well. I bought it specifically to go with the Fuji EF 42 Flash gun that I use with a Fuji XT1 camera, But I have also nused it this morning wiht a Canon and a Metz.

The fit is abit tight on the Metz ( but that is not neccessarily a bad thing) but is perfect with the Fuji. The material is flexible enough to be easily worked around the end of the flash gun and the velcro fastenings are generous and solkid. I have used this vertically and wiht the head down - no signs at all that it will shift. I have read of a vinyl pong that these units seem to have- all I can say is mine does not have that .

The effect is even and pleasing and does not seem to take too much out of the flashgun in terms of coverage. It is so simple to put on and take off and that is a real advantage - I do have another system which delivers very well but not with the same ease of use and it more fragile on the flash gun itself.

Perhaps I am easily pleased but this has pleased me - easily. It does exactly what I wanted it to do at a very pleasing cost.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the price, 5 April 2013
Mr. S. Reed - See all my reviews
compared to the original lightsphere, this is an incredible item. at this price you can't knock it, unless you've nothing else to do. If I'd of paid £114 for the GF lightsphere, an recieved an item similar to this i'd of sent it back but at this price i'm very pleased to have purchased it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Really happy with it., 20 Aug. 2013
Works as described, really happy with it, cheaper than branded ones and seems to work as well as other products, recommended!

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as good as higher priced alternatives, 18 July 2013
This is excellent - worry free flash at a third of the price. No shadows or harshness. Easy fit for my SB700.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 20 Jun. 2013
P. Kettell "Troutfarmer" (Devon) - See all my reviews
I have to write this review because the quality of this product is outstanding. Robust plastic, good quality moulding and I am really pleased. I cant really see how an original Gary Fong could be better. Dont hesitate

4.0 out of 5 stars Take a closer look, 8 Mar. 2013
Gary Fong product of the same type is available for an accumulative cost of over £100. 00 for the same kit. Sure the materiels are different but given the cost of this kit and the fact that it seems to work every bit as well as the Gary Fong unit, it's a no brainer. Add to that the fact that I dam near broke the head of my SB900 trying to get the Gary Fong unit onto the head of my flash and it's all out for nowt to Mr Fong.
Dont waste your money. Buy this one. I have tried both and the Gary Fong one will soon be winging its way back to for a refund. At the same time I will be ordering more of these in case the price goes up.

UPDATE: As your will note from the above comments I am very pleased with this product. So pleased in fact that I ordered three more which turned up well packed and very fast. Seems I have found a great product and a very reasonable cost from a supplier who s not into ripping off its customers and gives great service too.

I should perhaps add after all this gushing praise that I am not on commission of any kind and I am not affiliated in any way with this company. Just appreciate great service.

4.0 out of 5 stars A solid product, better then I expected, 21 Jan. 2013
A good, solid product for the money! The base is constructed of a rigid, yet flexible rubber, with a darted collar protruding. This allows you to slip it over the top of most speedlights. A velcro strap is then cinched to make it secure. It worked perfectly with my nikon sb910, and nissin di622.
It creates a soft, ambient light over a fairly broad area. I have also experimented adding further layers of translucent materials to create even softer lighting. I would think it would work just as well to line the inside with metal foil to create a more concentrated diffuse light. The plastic jar like design makes this kind of customizing very easy to do.
The kit includes and amber filter top, a reflector, and of course the regular diffuser.
These could fit a bit more snug, and it would be great is the diffuser cap could be mounted over the reflector, however two pieces of tape can solve the problem.
These are Chinese made knock-offs I am sure. The appropriated glamour shot of what seems to be Brittany Spears on the box, should tip you off, if nothing else. Don't let that stop you though. The kit is pretty well made, and does the job without setting you back much.
Also, Shipping was very prompt.

P.S. The kit came with nothing in the way of instructions, but then again, they really weren't necessary either

5.0 out of 5 stars and bounced off the ceiling with the dome off and I have to say that it's just about the best speedlite flash diffuser I've used, 6 Mar. 2015
I tested this against my Orbis ring flash attachment - £150, a small sock type diffuser - £3, a straight ceiling bounce from the flash with white reflector popped up - free, and of course, without flash. I performed these tests both with flash as the main light indoors and as fill for the ambient light outside. I have also used the diffuser for professional portrait work and group shots in schools.

I tried it both direct, facing forward with the diffusion dome on, and bounced off the ceiling with the dome off and I have to say that it's just about the best speedlite flash diffuser I've used. The spread of light is excellent - obviously you lose some power in the flash but it's not at all bad and certainly still very workable. The quality of light is good too, either direct or bounced, but it must be said that the bounced light is better. Try it also outside as fill, with the diffusion dome on and pointed straight up. Yes, the power of the flash is quite diminished but you only want the flash as fill light after all and you'll probably be using your lens at wider apertures to throw the background out of focus anyway.

It goes on and off the flash very easily and I am not worried about it falling off. I also like the fact that it is not entirely rigid plastic, there is some slight rubbery 'give' in it, which means that when it goes in my bag (and it is quite bulky compared to the 'sock' type diffuser that I used hitherto) it deforms very slightly to accommodate the bag closing and I'm not too worried about it scratching the camera and lens that it sits on top of.

Compare it to the much more expensive, branded versions and it really is just the same, but at a more acceptable cost for what is after all, just a bit of injection moulded plastic with a strap of velcro on it.

I thoroughly recommend it.

P.S. I'm nothing to do with the diffuser or the sellers - I'm just an honorary Yorkshireman and appreciate good gear at a giveaway price.

4.0 out of 5 stars Useful, 25 Mar. 2014
J. Asghar - See all my reviews
I hate to admit it, but the Gary Fong does the job. Sometimes when shooting weddings or events the ceiling is of no use. These (admittedly indiscreet) devices provide good general illumination and, crucially, good catch lights. This particular item is a bit too opaque for me, but attaches well and is well priced.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 14 Feb. 2014
Great at diffusing the light when bouncing or using direct with the dome, very good product! very very very good!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›