4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly back on form!
No major Spoilers -

I'm a big Supernatural fan, and have already managed to see the entire of Season 7 via one way or another, and it was worth the trouble!

Season 1-5 was a brilliant story arc, and season 6 definitely felt like a bit of a reboot, but with season 7 they are pretty much back into their stride. The big bad in this season are the...
Published on 5 Aug. 2012 by N. Lemans

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a hot mess
Published on 21 July 2013 by Lotte Bongaerts

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars When the Addictive Adventures of Winchester Brothers Continues..., 7 Nov. 2012
Gre4t Moments (Scotland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
(Skip to the end to see the DVD Vital Stats)The background plot of Supernatural is often blamed for spiraling the series down to an end, when it involves Heaven and Angels and Purgatory and Leviathans and various concepts about God, it was a bit carried away from the original Vampire-Monster hunting theme. In the Seventh Season, it was going on the same track with tougher demons, ancient and ultra modern evils and of course, heavenly struggles!

If you are a loyal fan of Supernatural, you will like the series, and in this season you will find there is more twists and turns than the Highway 53! So, AVOID READING too many reviews or episode lists, which invariably contains too many spoilers. Even a minor spoiler kills a lot of surprise elements, and a lot of the reviews contain major spoilers where the reviewers thinking they are just minor spoilers. I am serious, if you really want to enjoy the tonnes of surprises in this season just watch it without reading any reviews or columns about the series. Which doesn't mean you have to stop reading now, as I am not giving away any surprises or adding any spoilers even a mild one (though I had to admit that the first paragraph of my review has a small giveaway of a surprise twist).

Well, the season is great, and the fans probably love it, especially as Sam and Dean back on the job, and fighting tougher demons and equally tougher internal struggles, often walking the thin line between the reality and the other side. The tense, knuckle whitening, addictive mesmerism continues with this season as well. Add this one to your collection.

DVD Vital Stats:
Subtitles: English, English SDH, Castillian Spanish, Danish, Dutch, Finnish, French, Norwegian, Portugese, and Swedish
Audio-Languages: English, Castillian Spanish, French
Audio: Both 5.1 and 2.0 Dolby Digital
Aspect Ratio: 16x9 Full Frame
Run Time (Approx.): 923 minutes
DVD Region: 2 (PAL)
Rated: 15 (Contains strong bloody violence, horror and gory images)
Compatibility with Computers, Tables, and Smartphones (both Android and iPhone): This DVD set includes ultraviolet instant stream and download and can be shared with up to five friends or family members. However, please NOTE that ultraviolet is not available in the Republic of Ireland, the Channels Island and Isle of Man.

Special Features:
* 3 Episode Commentaries
* Directing the Supernatural. Seven directors discuss the opportunities and challenges.
* Washboards and Tommy Guns: Scaring Time After Time - Composes discuss their work on the film noir homage episode Time After Time After Time.
* Jensen Sings Outtake: The unused fuller version of Jensen crooning Air Supply's "I'm All Out of Love"
*Unaired Scenes
* Gag Reel
Please give a thumbs up and comment: Love to hear your opinion.

2.0 out of 5 stars It's a hot mess, 21 July 2013
No offense, but this was the worst season yet. I was able to pardon season 6 for still finding its footing after Eric Kripke standing down from the show. But this was just a hot mess. Almost no demons to speak of. Castiel comes in for only a few episodes, a tremendous loss indeed. And suddenly, we're facing these Leviathans who I have no interest in whatsoever. They're not even interesting villains, but their evil master plan is as ludicrous as it is not even original (***Spoiler*** "Soylent Green is people!"). I just feel like the show has lost its original outset: hunting things, killing demons... When was the last time we had Sam spouting Latin, trying to exorcise a demon? Do you even remember how it felt like to go on a ghost hunt with those crazy-ass ghostfacers? And the angels seem to have forsaken everyone, including Castiel. I repeat: it's a hot mess. And when season 8 comes out on DVD, I will make the purchase, simply because I cannot end this phenomenal show on such a crappy note. Supernatural deserves better. And so do we.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dont be a dick, Dick!, 15 Oct. 2014
The Boys did it again! I have watched this series since it started and have never been left feeling disappointed (unless you count Jared and Jensen not being topless enough-sorry girl moment). I have always been surprised in how they manage to keep the energy levels up and come up with new plots that keep you engaged and wanting more. Its also not a series that takes itself too seriously, 'See you next season' is a great parting line from a big bad!

I will say that I wasn't the biggest fan of the Leviathans as a monster although that could have just been due to Dicks smile! You still get the stand alone episodes which are a break from the main season plot and give the opportunity for a bit of fun (Buffy fans will see a couple of familiar faces in E5).

Can't wait to own all the new seasons and although I don't want this series to end I also don't want it to die a death either. Long may the boys keep going strong (season 10 promises to be great!).

3.0 out of 5 stars Its ok but not the best..., 12 July 2012
*SPOILER ALERT*

I am a huge fan of supernatural! The stories up to the ending of Season 5 were gripping and exciting! However, from Season 6 onwards the series has begun to lose its way a little bit. Season 7 is probably the season I have enjoyed the least so far. The Leviathans are the main enemy in this season, and even though they are intriguing, I find them mediocre as an enemy. As another reviewer has stated, Lucifer was better as the "big bad". Having said that, the episodes where Lucifer makes a return are great! I am not sure what they are doing with Castiel's character however. The episode where he returns to heal Sam was a potential return to form, but much later in the series he becomes some type of hippy character and I didnt know what to make of him anymore. Losing Bobby, and then gaining Bobby and then losing Bobby was a strange set of circumstances also. I think him returning as a ghost cheapened his original death, and therefore his final goodbye wasnt as strong as it perhaps should have been. He will be very missed as I thought he was one of the best characters on the show (along with Dean and Sam of course) Overall I think opinions will be varied on this season, but even though I dont think the show is a strong as before, there have been some great episodes and it is still very enjoyable. I really hope season 8 will be better, as the last episode was left on quite a cliffhanger!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Back to basics !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! freaking great, 19 Jan. 2012
J. Buchanan "Dragon King" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Oh my this season is a massive step up from season 6 .Dean is back to his hunter ways , Sammy is a insane seeing Lucifer but so far found a way to control it.Bobby must take on some tasks and stand up for himself.Cas is gone but i heard he's coming back so ....But this season has a good bady Richard Dick Roman very good .There is the brotherly in jokes and the brotherly bond that we all miss aswell .Jensen(dean) as always to me been the main though they both are but Jared's (Sam) acting as improved so much . There are also guests apprances James Masters (spike -Buffy) who is seat to come back and charisma carpenter (Cordelia-Buffy/angle) . We also have old friends sheriff mills alona tal (Jo) . This is to me has not had one terrible episode the only thing that is missing is the rock music though there was a bit played when they came back after there break .But thats the only piece missing

This is how i rate the season eposides so far

1)Meet The New Boss 7/10
9)How To Win Friends And Influence Monsters 9/10
10)Death's door 10/10
11)Adventures in Babysitting 8/10
12)Time after Time 10/10

So thats my rating so far

5.0 out of 5 stars Long live the Winchester boys!, 31 May 2013
Season seven felt a little strange, I didn't see what else Sam & Dean could do after all they've been through, but I stuck with it and by the end I did what I always end up doing and watched the episodes back to back with delight. It's the formula we all love and I'm glad for that, they wrench your heartstrings on the way to the conclusion of course, this time a little harder than usual.

As another note of how good this season is, and the whole show in general, the horrid, insulting reviewer who gave it 1 star is STILL watching and reviewing the latest seasons! He's either a wee man with a lot of time on his hands and not enough IQ or maturity to fill the hours (surely not, with his self proclaimed superior intellect?), or this show just keeps pulling him back, so it can't be that bad can it? Enjoy it unashamedly, my fellow Supernatural fans <3

4.0 out of 5 stars great but something is missing, 2 Sept. 2013
I am a huge fan of this series and i almost always have some random season on in the background when im drawing. This season is really great, it has new monsters in it, plenty of surprise moments and a great ending that has me dying to see what happens next...but...

I cant help but think that there is something missing here. i felt like a lot fo the important moments didnt really matter? maybe i just watch too much of this and know the characters too well. maybe there was hardly any build up to the big moments and they just seemed to be rushed through. The ending is very quick and you are kind of left there thinking what the hell is going to happen now.

bring on season 8 im REALLY looking forward to see how they all get out of this little corner. i hope its not rushed...this idea can be played with alot.

5.0 out of 5 stars another exciting new season of Supernatural, 2 Dec. 2012
Yet again another great season of Supernatural. This season revolves around the escaped 'convicts' of Purgatory - Leviathans, creatures who never should have walked the face of the earth again.
I love how every season gives us new aspects and enemies, but the old 'supernatural - feeling' still remains. Aside from the tough battles against the Leviathans, the Demons, Angels & supernatural beings still play their part.

I've watched all episodes in about a week and I was surprised how fast it was over. The last episode really made me wish I could time travel like one of the gods they've encountered in season 7 ;).

Overall, another great addition to the Supernatural-series. I think i can speak for every Supernatural-fan when I say: 'I can't wait for season 8!'

5.0 out of 5 stars Stunning, 23 Mar. 2013
This review is from: Supernatural - Season 7 Complete (Blu-ray + UV Copy) [2012] [Region Free] (Blu-ray)
the problem with addictive TV shows, they start out with a pilot show, back in series 1. That was a bit shaky, then the characters grew. By season 5 they had done their thing and that was it! End of Show!

BUT then they came back due to DEMAND!
Series 6 was a bit shaky, as it was all new ground, with new possibilities that didn't work in most cases, so season 7 was either going to bring a lot of loss ends together or not!

BUY IT, WATCH it and FIND out!

If it gives you an idea, we cannot wait a year for season 8 to become available in the UK!!!!!

we have tried other series now to help with the pain and withdrawal symptoms, but they are not a patch on SUPERNATURAL, we are now watching season 1 - 7 again while we wait :-)

5.0 out of 5 stars Season 7 is a Bad Year for the Winchesters.... (SPOILERS!!!!! - DO NOT READ UNLESS YOU HAVE SEEN IT), 31 Dec. 2012
Martin "Martin IK Kelly" (Basingstoke, Hampshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Now don't let the Title mislead you as Season 7 has been the best Season yet, but it was a year that Sam & Dean lost so much.
First, Castiel gets taken over by the Leviathans and is used as a vessel to send them across america, then Cass dissapears. Then a few episodes later Bobby is Killed by Dick Roman, head of the Leviathan team. After Sam descends into madness, Dean finds Cass again only to lose him at a mental hospital when he takes Sam's vision of Lucifer away and they have to kill Bobby again when he becomes a Vengeful spirit.

Sam and Dean Winchester will have some serious emotional Healing to deal with in season 8 when it is released on DVD and Blu-Ray.

‹ Previous | 1 2 335 | Next ›