5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect right out the box!
I bought these after reading and watching numerous reviews, which convinced me to give them a go even though I've found Salomon footwear to be a bit narrow in the past. These shoes are no exception, but as my feet are pretty wide to begin with and they weren't 'pins and needles' tight, I figured I'd give them a go.

Straight out of the box, with a brand new pair...
Published 10 months ago by Darren M Watkinson

2.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof
Published 14 months ago by Mr. Neil Green

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect right out the box!, 21 Jun. 2014

Straight out of the box, with a brand new pair of 1000 mile socks, I went on an 8 mile hike across fields and through woodlands, and had no troubles whatsoever. No rubbing, no water creeping in, and no throbbing feeling. I should, at this stage, inform you that I weigh 139.6kg, which is around 22 stone. Being able to walk any sort of distance off-road without some soreness is pretty rare even with well-worn shoes, let alone new ones!

I'll admit to being skeptical about the lacing system, but it really works. I had to tighten the 'laces' up after a couple of miles, then loosen them after a couple more, but that's normal. The great thing is this system makes it very quick and easy indeed.

The soles grip very well, the shoes are comfy and easy to adjust, and they let your feet breathe without letting water in. I can't think of anything else that's needed from a shoe like this.

I highly recommend these shoes for anyone that's into rambling/hiking/walking and doesn't need/want ankle support.

5.0 out of 5 stars If you knowthe shoe ad you need a half size, use this company., 24 Sept. 2014
I have something to say on this matter. I walk for about 4 miles every day, not really a hobby but a part of my own treatment for diabetes and have been doing this since 2011. When I started I went to Blacks who strongly recommended an earlier version of this Solomon shoe. I have since bought several Solomon shoes and swear by them for all the good reasons, they are light tough good soles and the lacing system is awesome for a lazy git like me. The last but one time went to Blacks to replace a shoe to find that the 8 was to tight and they didn't carry half sizes so went for the 9 which gave me problems, this March I went back to Blacks and bought an eight (the again did not carry a half size ) So wore this shoe up until last week and it was tight to the extent that I developed a corn.
When I thought of replacement this time, I thought about going on Amazon because I knew the shoe I wanted but I knew High street retailers in my experience don't carry the half sizes anymore, I guess its matter of so many styles and their storage space. Anyway, I have since received my 8 and a half size Solomon from this company via Amazon and all is well in the world, I have the shoe I wanted at the right size, my corn has disappeared and it cost £13 less than I paid in Blacks. Hope this helps half sizers !

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent multi-purpose, 13 Dec. 2013
Gore-Tex (so they're waterproof), comfortable, light, thick but flexible sole and they're easy to put on and take off. I use them frequently - my "default" casual footwear as well as for sports.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not waterproof, 14 Feb. 2014
Mr. Neil Green "Cowface" (Bournemouth) - See all my reviews
For £100+ and Goretex, I would have expected these shoes to be waterproof. But unfortunately, after 30 mins in the rain, they let water in at the front, around the toes and top of foot. They are dry at the tongue and around the foot. I have heard that they have a problem stitching in the Goretex and they have in the past leaked around the stitching under the insole. I will be returning them. As a lightweight, dry weather walking shoe they are excellent, very comfortable. But as a waterproof shoe, they are awful.

4.0 out of 5 stars Four Stars, 11 Oct. 2014
Good shoes, very confortable but don't stay waterproof for any extended length of time

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, 19 May 2014
This review is from: Salomon X Ultra Gore-Tex Trail Walking Shoe (Shoes)
Best walking shoes I have ever brought, They are very comfortable and waterproof, so can get back to the muddy footpaths, This is my 4th pair I literally wear them out walking 100`s of miles in them,

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent shoes, 25 Aug. 2013
A. Birchall - See all my reviews
Great pair of shoes for low level and trail walking. Would even be useful on some grass/heather free dry mountain tracks if you don't mind lack of ankle support. Nice shoe and love the speed lacing!

1.0 out of 5 stars They won't last long, 16 Jan. 2015
Had mine for 6 months, the Kevlar laces have worn through a lower fabric eyelet on the left shoe. Also, the grip on the soles has worn flat on the rear of the shoe.

I have had a pair of Hi-Tek leather walking boots for 18 months now, with no deterioration of the sole.

It's likely you will need to return these within a year, so make sure you buy from amazon direct or a local reseller, otherwise you will be paying for the postage to send them back....... at this price level I expect a minimum of 18 months use, otherwise you are better off buying several pairs of cheaper shoes and throwing them away every 6 months.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best walking Shoes, 14 July 2014
Thsi is my second pair of these shoes with the first lasting 2 years and even then only the soles wore out because I walked so much in them. Comfortable and good looking shoes.

5.0 out of 5 stars comment, 25 May 2014
these shoes are very good, but unfortunately they didn,t fit me. I have send them back last week. I hope that I wouid get another size(7.5) Thank you

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›