on 30 April 2013
I was looking for a slim hard case for my Iphone 5, searched for ages until I came across this. Immediately I bought it and couldn't wait until it arrived. When it did arrived the box was ripped apart in excitement. It was perfect, true to the fit and comfortable to hold and touch. Only problem was the outer white plastic band snapped where it was thin at the charger point eventually the band came off but I am still using it just one part of the case down :( beside that i really would recommend to anyone looking for this type of case.
on 8 December 2013
Having read numerous reviews of different cases I figured I'd give this case a shot for my precious new iphone 5s.

The case consists of a misty looking rubber case with a thin white plastic band that clips around the edge keeping the silicone in place.

It is very easy to fit on the phone and fits snugly. It is a slim and light weight case so maintains the sleek feel of the phone (many cases bulky and heavy)

I took care fitting the plastic band as others reported it broke. The plastic band does appear that it may be fragile but I have removed and replaced the case a few times and if you take care it is absolutely fine. Once the plastic band is clipped around the phone it is no longer fragile as has the structure of the silicone case and phone behind it.

I'm not one of those people who tend to drop the phone or throw it around a lot, so my case is really for light daily protection and insurance for the time I really do drop it. I feel like this case is more than adequate protection for me and will probably last well. If you treat your phone particularly badly you need a much hardier case - but you probably know that.

It is now 13th Dec and can report that without dropping phone, removing case, or giving case any particularly hard wear I have noticed that the thin plastic rim band has split by the lightning adaptor port on one side. The case remains in place, only noticed as was looking at the port. I expect I will buy a new, different case within a few weeks as this will irritate me.
on 27 May 2013
This case isn't as nice looking as previous cases I have purchased for my iPhone. It said it is clear and it's not and it doesn't fit as neatly as usual as other cases. It also had an outer rim which snapped and broke after being removed for the first time. This product was a waste of money.
on 20 December 2012
The Anker Glaze case feels well made and fits the iPhone 5 neatly and snugly. This is a two part case with a rubber feel cover plus a hard bumper type surround. The cover has a slightly roughened texture making the phone easier to grip. The hard bumper ensures the vulnerable edge and corners are well protected.

Not too much bulk is added to the phone and all the cut outs are precisely in the right place. There are little pinholes over the speakers and the camera cut out has a black rim which apparently prevents flare.

The only reason I haven't given this good value quality case 5 stars is that the mute switch is a little tricky to get to and also I could not get an auxiliary audio cable jack into the port due to the depth of the cover at this point.

Apart from these two minor niggles this is a great quality product at an excellent price.
on 13 March 2013
Have many many cases...like to change and mix them around.
Always been a fan of glaze backs and white edge cases. They usually fall foul to white rubber getting dirty. This is a new concept and may prevent this as the white part is thin hard plastic as opposed to silicone.

Fits snugly
Looks great
All ports accessible (headphone and rocker switch tight fit tho)

Very minimal bulk or weight. Adds good scratch protection all over.
Medium drop protection....if drop protection is what you're looking for try the speck candyshell.

Seems like a keeper, and at the reduced price of £3.99 it's great.
Hope the white edge keeps clean, if it does ill buy another for sure as a spare.

Good company, I'd also HIGHLY recommend their screen protectors
on 11 May 2013
I bought this Anker Glaze case - Ultra Slim Fit with the Anker® Glaze Screen Protector Film (Ultra Clear) for iPhone 5 - Gloss Finish

The screen protector went on well, no bubbles or fluff. However, when the case is put on the phone after the screen protector is applied, the protector lifts. I used all three screen protectors trying to apply them to the phone and then put the phone case on without the protector being affected, impossible.

I contacted Anker and their customer service team have been fantastic, supportive and helpful.

In summary both products are good on their own but I do not think the two fit together - and these were recommended as being compatible items.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 20 July 2013
I work on the road and wanted a decent case to protect my new phone while out and about. I didn't want a big bulky defender case just one that would give enough protection for the odd drop, scrap and bump. This case is absolutely brilliant, been using it for a good few months (I have both white and black version) and they have protected my phone perfectly and after just recently taking my phone out for a clean I have found no scratches around the sides and my phone is good as new. The only thing is today I have found that the thin plastic near the charger port has snapped but I take the blame as it is thrown about and well used. It looks great and I can't recommend enough!
on 2 January 2013
Comes in two parts - the shell and a white band.

Overall its a bit chunky and the white bands already feels a bit loose. The clear case is very opaque so you can't really see the back of the phone through it.

Will do for now - till I find something slimmer and crystal clear that lets me show off the design of the phone.

---

Following my review they did offer to exchange the product or refund the cost. Which was nice of them. The 3-star rating relates to the item rather than the overall service. I wouldn't hesitate to buy from them again.
11 comment|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 24 December 2012
The item arrived quickly and the packaging fit through my letter box, I didn't really like the packaging for the actual item though, make it cooler!

The case has been on my phone for a few weeks now and I couldn't be happier, it took me a few minutes to get it on my iPhone but once it's in, trust me, it isn't coming off and I've dropped my phone from heights of about 2 meters.

The case is not obtrusive and my iPhone still fits in my pocket, it comes with a handy cloth to clean your screen with also.

Would definitely recommend!
on 19 February 2014
Yes its a little flimsy, and could break if you are not careful how you are dismantling, but for price vs looks, it gives a good account of itself. The case is made of a rubber innard and thin plastic bumper which goes over the outside.

It fits really well, and also protects all the edges of the phone, so you wouldn't pick up any wear and tear from it going in and out of the pockets, I doubt it would withstand a heavy drop though.

However, its good value for money, looks clean and sharp and worth a look