4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative for a media PC
Ok so i was sceptical about this product, there seems to be a million versions of it on Amazon.

Keyboard works fine, instructions are not the best because for me i had to pair it via the control panel and the instructions dont say that. When the keyboard is in sleep mode it can take 10 seconds minimum to wake it.

I used to have the dinovo Mini, which...
Published 10 months ago by Jolly_Rancher

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it for the five minutes it worked.
Bought this for my Galaxy Note smartphone. It was very easy to set up and I had it working in under two minutes. Used it for composing a couple of emails and also used the touchpad to navigate the phone and internet with no problems. Switched it off that evening feeling very happy with my purchase.
Got out the keyboard the morning after to use it: it was dead. I...
Published 18 months ago by D. Williams

1.0 out of 5 stars Loved it for the five minutes it worked., 10 Jan 2013
D. Williams "Dave-the-rave" (Northamptonshire, U.K.) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Rii Wireless Bluetooth Blacklit Mini PC Keyboardwith touchpad for Windows XP Vista Windows 7 MAC iPhone 3 iPhone 4 iPhone 4s iPad 2 iPad 3 new iPad Android Samsung Galaxy S i9000 i9001 Samsung Galaxy S2 i9100 HTC-- UK Keyboard Layout (Electronics)
Got out the keyboard the morning after to use it: it was dead. I was surprised, but thought that a quick charge would fix it. Put it on charge and left it. No result. The laser pointer works fine, so there is life in the battery, but no other button responds. Nothing lights up. No connection to my phone, or to a PC when I tried that. Tried charging it with a different cable (it doesn't come with one, so I thought perhaps mine wasn't up to the job). It seemed to be charging for the first minute, then the light went off again and would only relight if I unplugged and replugged it, again for about a minute.
After two days I gave up and returned it.

1.0 out of 5 stars WARNING: US Layout, 6 Dec 2013
Despite their being a cheap sticker on the box saying "UK" - this keyboard has the US layout. That means the @ key is in the wrong place and there's no symbol.

It paired with my Android phone - for about a minute - during which time the keys would repeat and the trackpad worked intermittently.

I was seen by my Ubuntu laptop but wouldn't pair - despite the manual saying it would.

Overall? Just cheap piece of junk. Avoid.

3.0 out of 5 stars Does not hold what it says on the tin..., 20 Jun 2014
I wanted a Bluetooth version. In stead I received a regular RF version (both booklet and item itself), while the box said it contained the Bluetooth version.

Amazon handled it perfectly, saying it was not worth returning and I got my money back almost immediatly.

Well, it works, so I will probably find one to hand it to in the end and make at least someone happy...

I bought this http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/B009WTE27M/ref=cm_cr_ryp_prd_ttl_sol_1 instead. I am also happy now :)

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointed, 16 Feb 2014
Bought this to use with a tablet and a smartphone, was a bit fiddly to set up but once connected was easy to reconnect. My main issue is that the keys are so small and fiddly to use that I find typing anything more than a couple of lines a chore. I also don't really like the mouse pad which to move across the whole screen takes several swipes on the pad and isn't very accurate.

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent keyboard BUT NOT UK layout, 6 Jan 2014
I paid more than other sellers charge for this so-called UK version. They had simply stuck a new 'UK version' barcode on the box over the 'US Layout' barcode. Inside the box it was the standard US layout (no pound sign etc.).

I begin to think they don't actually make a UK version so I'll keep it (it's the second I've bought; this one's a present for a friend).

That said, the keyboard is brilliant for use with an Xbox, RaspPi or laptop for presenting.

So 5 stars for the product but only one star for the sellers.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good alternative for a media PC, 16 Sep 2013

I used to have the dinovo Mini, which i purchased for 80 quid, this is a fraction of the price, i would recommend it.

One disadvantage over a cable keyboard is that in safe mode or when your PC requires intervention during boot up mode, this wont work!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Delighted with this!, 18 Aug 2013
After dropping my Galaxy S3 on the floor and breaking the screen, I decided to connect it to my TV via HDMI and start using it as my media centre. The HDMI cable is not the longest so instead of having to constantly get up and go to the telly to control the phone I decided to try this product instead. And I must say that I'm very impressed - once you pair it with your phone it connects automatically when you switch it on and the rest is as expected, the keyboard works great, and the trackpad is decent. Highly recommended.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not UK style keyboard, 9 July 2013
Mr. J. Castor - See all my reviews
Dispatched nice and quickly but sadly even though I purchased a UK style keyboard, and the box confirmed this, it was in the US style. Range is also an issue with it connection strength wavering after about 2.5m. Returned mine for another brand.

2.0 out of 5 stars works kind of, 10 Jun 2013
P. Hutchinson (Loughborough, UK) - See all my reviews
I am using this with my windows 8 pc.

Its easy to set up, light, feels good in the hand, fast and easy to charge; however it comes with a few problems.

Using the included dongle the keyboard and mouse is very laggy, and it takes a good while for it to wake up after it has gone to sleep (does to after you've put it down for a period). I wish I had bought a better and larger keyboard and just used that - however it does the job just as well as the android app this replaces so I guess I'll put up with the lag.

4.0 out of 5 stars Pretty good with a few shortcomings, 27 April 2013
I. Rawlings - See all my reviews
This is a good one for Android users with a few exceptions. First of all, the touchpad works on my Galaxy Note 2 without needing any modifications at all, just pair it and the keyboard starts working and when you touch the touchpad, the Android mouse cursor appears, the same as it does with the other bluetooth keyboard/touchpad combinations I've tried, so ignore the android instructions that come with it telling you to download this app and that app, that's for old versions of android. Just plug it in and off you go. You can even do two-fingered swiping to feed scroll events to the device.

I am however sending it back because, like others, I found the UK version costs more but is actually the US version with a "UK Layout" sticker on the back, that's not quite enough to change it to the UK version, a sticker won't do the job!

The problems (some of which apply to even non-android users) are;

The bluetooth pairing key is a standard key on the keyboard, so if you hit it while typing, it goes into pairing mode meaning you have to go to the controlled device and go through the pairing routine again. It would have been better to require a long press on the key to activate pairing mode or to use a recessed mini-button on the back or similar or at least put it on a key requiring an FN-key combination, making the pairing key a straight key that can be pressed and immediately enter pairing mode is a strange decision.

The key combination to rotate the trackpad for when you want to hold the keypad vertically works, but does not work on the cursor keys so they still work in the horizontal orientation, with left being up, up being right, right being down and down being left.

There is no "menu" key on the keyboard, which is a problem for some android phones (those with off-screen physical or capacitive menu keys which can't be clicked on with a mouse, e.g. the Note 2 but not the Nexus 4, most tablets are fine) as it means you can't bring up any menus. There are workarounds, either installing a soft-key add-on or remapping the keyboard (which can be complicated).

It charges from a mini-USB and not a micro-USB (which most android phones use) so you'll need to keep the relevant lead (supplied) to hand.

Overall I think this will be useful and worth the money.