5.0 out of 5 stars A superb prequel to Post-Human and Trans-Human
Published on 31 Aug 2012 by Darren

Published 1 month ago by L S Parry

5.0 out of 5 stars A superb prequel to Post-Human and Trans-Human, 31 Aug 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
As soon as I started reading this book the story moved quickly and held me captivated. And as a prequel it really helps to underpin the Post-Human world that started this story. A.I. = Bad? Good? They way David weaves the story you not quite sure, the anticipation to find out drives you to read on and on... Seriously, I was looking for excuses to read so I could read the next chapter.

If you've read Post-Human/Trans-Human then this is a must. If you like William Gibson or Philip K Dick then I really believe you will enjoy David's books too.

Considering the prices of some lesser quality scifi ebooks, this set of books is a steal!

3.0 out of 5 stars Great pacing and world-building at the expense of deeper characterisation, 6 Nov 2014
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed the book for the most part -- it was somewhat reminiscent of the Deus Ex video game series, and I enjoyed the overall plot. One part in particular, however, which struck me as a bit distasteful, was [SPOILERS] the lead character's apprehension of and attack on a 9/11 hijacker. Aside from this, I found Dr. Aldous Gibson's name a little bit too of an on-the-nose reference to authors that have obviously inspired Mr. Simpson! The technology was enjoyable and well explained, the AI was a surprisingly benevolent character in a genre where AIs tend to be the bad guys, and I liked that Mr. Simpson was willing to place his characters in harm's way. I feel that the characterisation could use some work, however -- [SPOILERS] Aldous Gibson's transition from 'will take human life under no circumstances' to vengeful killer was a bit too fast for my liking.

I realise the above may seem overly critical, but it's a brisk, well paced book that kept me interested and kept me reading until the end. Will definitely continue with the next in the series.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great, 20 Mar 2013
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
I really enjoyed reading sub human once I got into it I was hooked. I found the ideas of AI really interesting and it was well implemented.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inventive, 8 Dec 2012
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed the novelty of the plot, although it was hard to suspend disbelief with most of the action, but not quite enough to look forward to the follow-ups.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good starter book, 14 Jun 2014
Colin Farrell "Fazfamily" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
Enjoyed it as a quick read, not the most technical of books, but enjoyable. A bit unbelievable at points, but well worth the money, will read the others.

4.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic, 24 Mar 2014
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
This is the novel I've chosen to read first in this series.

I was impressed with the quick snap of the action, while still allowing time for relationships to blossom and for the reader to learn to care for the cast. The chapters are short, making the book seem to read faster. It made it easy to grab "just one more chapter" (ok, so maybe it was 5) before doing work.

At first I was slightly confused as to which side of the war wanted what, in hindsight I feel this was the intention. In a couple of places the author was also slow to clarify characters, especially when there was potential for more than one of the same person.

I would have liked a few more slow moments to really meet the cast, and for the author to have more care when it came to dialogue.

This was a very good book, I thoroughly enjoyed it and look forward to the rest of the series. It came close to getting 5 stars

3.0 out of 5 stars nice story, 5 April 2013
This review is from: Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series) (Kindle Edition)
interesting book, kept me involved for some days. well and smoothly written. These Titanic/ WTC epispdes were a little to bit cliche and naive, but finally ok.

Sub-Human (Book 1) (Post-Human Series)