on 14 March 2013
From start to finish this KIndle book shines above the rest!

The author, Kenneth Lambert has a unique style of writing and his easy to follow examples will have you producing GUI's very quickly. There is no comparison I have found with other Python books, be it, a paper back, PDF or Kindle book, most of which, in my opinion, bog you down with alot of technical detail appropriate for an advanced programmer.

What Kenneth Lamberts brings to the table is a simplist & unique style of writing, with just enough technical detail that will not only have you understanding the sample code and how it works but also given you enough inforamtion to have you writing GUI's too.

Before I read this book I could never really understand classes, but having read only a few pages and tried out some of the examples in the book, (that where applicable to what I wanted to do in my own programming) I could see the why's and where for of classes.

I have always been a believer in offering feed back and praise to others and I did just that regarding this book - e-mailing the author and letting him know how much I like his book. I also asked him if he had written other books on the Python Programming language and he kindly responded to my e-mail with the information I required. He had written other books and he suggested a book he had written entilted "Fundammentals of Python - First Programs" that would help me progress futher with my own programming and what I wished to do.

I went and purchased the recommend book "Fundammentals of Python - First Programs", to discover that it too has been written in exactly the same style as "Easy GUI Programming in Python". And for anyone starting out in programming using the Python Language or for any advance programmer who hasn't yet start to include GUI's in their programs I would not hesitate to recommend either of these books - they are simply Great!

I shall be looking out for future Python books written by Kenneth Lambert!
on 19 December 2014
The programming depends on using the author's toolkit as an interface for tkinter which is the GUI provided in the Python downloads. I wanted to understand how to use tkinter and this book was of no help at all. For me it was a complete waste of money