5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Delerium
The cd is a beautiful and diverse collection of ethereal voices into excelent electronic music.
*Monarch - Pure electronic with the beautiful voice of Nadina. Recalls Chemda on the first Conjure One cd but so much better...
*Chrysalis Heart - Instantly catchy tune. A simple melody but a great joy to hear.
* Light your Light - to me the best track on the...
Published 22 months ago by Manuel Teixeira De Andrade

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more
Published 19 months ago by Grant Howard

3.0 out of 5 stars Expected more, 11 Feb 2013
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
The trouble with Delerium is that the product is never quite as good as expectations. My favourite album is "Karma" and in my opinion (just an opinion), they've not got near the quality of that one since. Not saying there should be a Karma 2 or stick to formula, but this album feels just like another in a long line of "nothing special" releases. After such a long break, I thought this one would blow the others away. But it doesn't. There's some pleasant tracks, some nice singing and pleasant instrumentation, but for me none really had that "play it again" feeling. I played it once, studied the lush cover and packaging and it's remained untouched since. It never really quite lives up to it's packaging. I really wanted to love this, but as I got through the first five tracks, I was beginning to doubt I would. It's not offensive, it's not awful, it's not even bad. It's just not that good either. Shame, I love Delerium and their whole concept and theme, but this could be the album that forces me to part ways.

3.0 out of 5 stars Passable but still enjoyable, 4 Feb 2013
Monster Zero (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
Delerium peaked with 'Karma' in terms of what I liked most about their music - 'Poem,' and then 'Chimera' marked a slide down into rather dreary, overly acoustic mainstream dream pop, so while this has more in common with previous album 'Nuages du Monde', it's still just on the wrong side of that aforementioned dreary side of their sound.

5.0 out of 5 stars Welcome Back Delerium, 11 Nov 2012
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
* Light your Light - to me the best track on the album and the best from Jael til now; a gothic background sound, a powerful chorus and touching lyrics.
* Rain - beautiful piano.
* Sky - what can i say? Kristy Thirsk is always a goddess. A very beautiful chorus...makes you wish it could be longer.
* Hammer - strangely different but grows on you; very original.
* Keyless door - surrender to this beautiful calm ballad.
I would only remove the bonus songs wich i personally can't like...
Thank you Delerium for this super album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 15 Nov 2012
Andromeda Descendent (Tarn Vedra) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: Music Box Opera (MP3 Download)
It's often astounded me how Delerium have only had one hit single here in the UK, as they have a great back catalogue. If I'm being honest, this new album doesn't have any tracks that would do well in the modern charts, but that's not a criticism as to be equally honest most of the songs here are too good for the charts. The usual Delerium pattern of collaborations with exceptional female vocalists continues here, although we also get a rare male vocalist this time as well in Days Turn Into Nights. There are also a couple of instrumental tracks or tracks with minimal vocals. If you want to know what Heaven sounds like, I'd imagine it's not far away from the voice of Nadina on Awakening and Monarch. I loved the bonus tracks too, and Still Kill in particular is just an amazing track that should really be part of the main album. I could go on about each individual track, for example how Consciousness of Love brings back fond memories of Enigma or the sheer honest beauty and directness of Leona Naess's voice on Hammer, but what I really want to say to you is please don't try and cherry pick this album, as it works so very well as a whole.

5.0 out of 5 stars Listen without expectations!, 2 Nov 2012
R. L. Peacock "Rob" (Chelmsford, Essex) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
Delerium continue with the more popular sound with the usual suspects of guest vocalists, although I'm pleased to have another Delerium song with male vocals (Days Turn Into Nights), the only other being 'Daylight' on 'Poem'. However it isn't just a re-run of the last two albums, I'd say this is definately better and more experimental than 'Nuages Du Monde', there are some things that lean towards their older material, such as the title track 'Music Box Opera', which is stunning, and then at the same time, they do something very more with the times in the form of so-called dubstep in 'Stargazing' which works wonderfully. Frostbite & Consciousness of Love are other favourites of mine.

The guys behind Delerium work on a number of other very varied projects, so if you are looking for old Delerium, try some of their other productions under different names, and see this release separate from their earlier work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Romantic Delerium, 14 May 2014
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
Music Box Opera by Delerium contains twelve songs that combine elements of romance, different stages of life, and tranquility. The music track of “Consciousness Of Love” (feat. Stef Lang) starts the cd on a peaceful and harmonious path. Music Box Opera by Delerium is good for those who enjoy music combinations of chillout and new age genres.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant album, 8 Feb 2014
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
Everything you would expect from this album. Great production imaginative arrangements. I loved it, I have all their other ones

4.0 out of 5 stars Delerium Music Box Opera, 9 Nov 2013
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
Brilliant! I am a huge supporter and fan of the work of Delerium, and must emphasise this album does not disappoint!

5.0 out of 5 stars A really great album which has already become a favourite., 2 May 2013
Mr. K. W. Tyler "Ken Tyler" (Devon, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
I absolutely love this album. Ever since it arrived I have played and played it. I believe it is an album I will never tire of. Every single track is a gem in it's own way. Meaningful lyrics have always been important to me and this album has an abundance. I found some of Delerium's early work a bit too dark for my taste but this album is spot on. I also like Enigma

5.0 out of 5 stars can't stop listening it..., 2 Mar 2013
This review is from: Music Box Opera (Audio CD)
This is one of the very best cd's by Delerium and I simply listen it everyday if I get the chance...

Music Box Opera
Music Box Opera by Delerium (Audio CD - 2012)