5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Memory Stick
Haven't found a fault yet, good speeds even with usb 2.0. Design is actually quite nice. Does the job for watching videos etc. on PS3, Smart TV and Xbox 360
Published 3 months ago by C. Elliott

3.0 out of 5 stars Lexar S73 32GB USB3 JumpDrive
Quite striking colour-wise. Not exactly garish but getting close.

Out performs the 64GB SSK USB3 flash drive: writing to flash ( 28MBytes/sec compared to only 18MB/s with the SSK ) .
The read speeds are very similar ( 45to48 MB/s ) . [h2testw1.4]
But these are much lower speeds than I get from my USB3 hard drives.

Plugged into either a...
Published 21 months ago by Amazon Customer

3.0 out of 5 stars Lexar S73 32GB USB3 JumpDrive, 15 Nov 2012
Quite striking colour-wise. Not exactly garish but getting close.

The read speeds are very similar ( 45to48 MB/s ) . [h2testw1.4]
But these are much lower speeds than I get from my USB3 hard drives.

Plugged into either a Technisat HDFV or HDFS it passes speed tests & functions effectively for television HD recording.

The activity LED is either great or awful depending on your perspective. It is bright enough to light up my bedroom when recording TV progs in these dark evening. Of course you could always paint or stick some dark tape over it...

Tested on a 2011 usb3-equipped i7 Win7 64bit home premium laptop

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, but poor build quality, 16 July 2012
I normally buy Sandisk Cruzer flash drives, but these are definitely a little on the slow side, so ordered this for the appreciably higher speeds. And the drive didn't disappoint there: using a USB3 port to copy a number of files of around 1GB each, I averaged approximately 30MB/s write, 41MB/s read. Using a USB2 port, I found speeds around 1/3 slower.

That said however, compared with my reasuringly sturdy Sandisk drives, this looks and feels rather like a cheap plastic toy, and I think that my consequent concerns as to its durability would put me off buying another despite the performance.

2.0 out of 5 stars Lexar 32GB- dissapointing, 27 Nov 2013
chrysty (Bantry,, Co. Cork Ireland) - See all my reviews
Worked well for a day and after closing the jumpdrive I could not open it again--- the cheap plastic casing let the whole thing down. I have returned it to Amazon and will get another brand.

1.0 out of 5 stars COMPLETE RUBBISH, 4 Nov 2013
I used it once and can't open it. Jammed solid!!!!!

I should have read and taken on board what other people giving it one star had said. Would have saved me some money

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Memory Stick, 19 May 2014
C. Elliott (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 11 Mar 2013
Bought this USB Drive to store music and photos so I would have them with me wherever I went. 32 GB is big enough for my current requirements, and as it was a good brand at an excellent price, I decided on this one. Not disappointed, works a treat with fast enough transfer times for me; don't get hung up with all this 'so many bits per second' or whatever, its fast enough for just about anyone.

4.0 out of 5 stars Very good, quick flash drive, 21 Jan 2013
Sid Nuncius (London) - See all my reviews
(TOP 10 REVIEWER)    (No. 1 Hall OF FAME REVIEWER)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
This is a good 16GB flash drive. It claims "up to" 20MB/s write speed and 45MB read speed. I'm getting about 18MB/s and 40MB/s respectively, so it's pretty close and certainly very quick by the standards I'm used to. Physically, it's very light, has a retractable blade (so no cap to lose) and has a place to attach a lanyard, key ring or similar, although it's a bit of a fiddle.

It has to be said that it's not the most beautifully designed object I've ever seen. It looks like a cheap little toy boat that might have come out of a Christmas cracker - but I don't buy flash drives for their looks. This works straight out of the box, is convenient to carry and use, has a good capacity and is extremely quick. Very warmly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid build, 31 July 2014
PhillyJQ (Bedfordshire, UK) - See all my reviews
Just received it today. It doesn't seem very fast to me for a USB 3.0 (20MB/s), but I'm no judge of 'write' speeds. I'd call it average.

The slider has a very positive feel to it: just as it's about to reach the maximum extension, there's a click to indicate that the metal stub is locked into position. And the stub won't accidentally retract like a couple SanDisk flash drives did to me.

The build feels very sturdy to me, but only time (like with all flash drives) will tell how robust it really is. No reason to think otherwise at this point.

It has an activity light, but the 'loop' to put a tag on it (no key chain possible!) is tight, if that's important to you. Overall, I'm very happy with it.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupted data, 12 Sep 2013
After some time of use, data became to disappear or corrupted.
I have to trust this type of product - back to Kingston.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupted, 22 Oct 2013
Within a few weeks of functioning extremely well as a 360 memory device (used it to store my profile etc. to transfer between consoles), it completely died and refused to be recognised.
Plugging it into a computer caused it to be recognised as a Disk Drive rather than a Removable Storage device, which was extremely strange.
(It also shows as having 0 space and nothing on it.)
That particular quirk also appears to render it unable to be formatted, so I seemingly can't even wipe it and start again.
Wouldn't recommend for storing anything important. Probably better to pay a bit more for a higher quality drive.