4.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase
Published on 11 Mar. 2013 by Stewbidoo

3.0 out of 5 stars Lexar S73 32GB USB3 JumpDrive
Quite striking colour-wise. Not exactly garish but getting close.

Out performs the 64GB SSK USB3 flash drive: writing to flash ( 28MBytes/sec compared to only 18MB/s with the SSK ) .
The read speeds are very similar ( 45to48 MB/s ) . [h2testw1.4]
But these are much lower speeds than I get from my USB3 hard drives.

Plugged into either a...
Published on 15 Nov. 2012 by Amazon Customer

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Purchase, 11 Mar. 2013
Bought this USB Drive to store music and photos so I would have them with me wherever I went. 32 GB is big enough for my current requirements, and as it was a good brand at an excellent price, I decided on this one. Not disappointed, works a treat with fast enough transfer times for me; don't get hung up with all this 'so many bits per second' or whatever, its fast enough for just about anyone.

3.0 out of 5 stars Lexar S73 32GB USB3 JumpDrive, 15 Nov. 2012
Quite striking colour-wise. Not exactly garish but getting close.

The read speeds are very similar ( 45to48 MB/s ) . [h2testw1.4]
But these are much lower speeds than I get from my USB3 hard drives.

Plugged into either a Technisat HDFV or HDFS it passes speed tests & functions effectively for television HD recording.

The activity LED is either great or awful depending on your perspective. It is bright enough to light up my bedroom when recording TV progs in these dark evening. Of course you could always paint or stick some dark tape over it...

Tested on a 2011 usb3-equipped i7 Win7 64bit home premium laptop

3.0 out of 5 stars Good performance, but poor build quality, 16 July 2012
I normally buy Sandisk Cruzer flash drives, but these are definitely a little on the slow side, so ordered this for the appreciably higher speeds. And the drive didn't disappoint there: using a USB3 port to copy a number of files of around 1GB each, I averaged approximately 30MB/s write, 41MB/s read. Using a USB2 port, I found speeds around 1/3 slower.

That said however, compared with my reasuringly sturdy Sandisk drives, this looks and feels rather like a cheap plastic toy, and I think that my consequent concerns as to its durability would put me off buying another despite the performance.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Value Memory Stick, 19 May 2014
C. Elliott (Norwich, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Lexar Professional JumpDrive S73 32GB USB 3.0 (45MB/s) Retractable Design Flash Drive Memory Stick - Orange (Accessory)
Haven't found a fault yet, good speeds even with usb 2.0. Design is actually quite nice. Does the job for watching videos etc. on PS3, Smart TV and Xbox 360

1.0 out of 5 stars Think twice before you buy it..., 29 Nov. 2014
It stopped working after less than a year! I used it well for a couple of months, the only problems being how long it took to get started. When my computer got a virus and had to be wiped, I stupidly trusted valuable and irreplaceable files onto the USB with intentions of quickly transferring them back onto my computer, only to find the USB stopped working altogether! I put less than 2GB of storage onto it, and that was basically the only files on there.

I am adamant that this problem was through no fault of my own; it was basically the last resort backup USB, and mostly just sat in my laptop bag. It hadn't come into contact with water, it hadn't been dropped or sat on - it's just a letdown.

Unless you wan to be drastically annoyed and irritated by the lack of reliability this useless piece of plastic possesses, DO NOT BUY IT.

1.0 out of 5 stars Corrupted, 22 Oct. 2013
Within a few weeks of functioning extremely well as a 360 memory device (used it to store my profile etc. to transfer between consoles), it completely died and refused to be recognised.
Plugging it into a computer caused it to be recognised as a Disk Drive rather than a Removable Storage device, which was extremely strange.
(It also shows as having 0 space and nothing on it.)
That particular quirk also appears to render it unable to be formatted, so I seemingly can't even wipe it and start again.
Wouldn't recommend for storing anything important. Probably better to pay a bit more for a higher quality drive.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not good, 17 Dec. 2014
This memory stick didnot work after 3 weeks of purchase, it would not open file. I lost my assignments that were due for my degree. Returnes and was refunded.

1.0 out of 5 stars Item failed after 14 months of virtually no use. ..., 12 May 2015
Item failed after 14 months of virtually no use. Light on stick just flashes and cant be read by any computer, suggesting its corrupted.

I contacted the seller, who wasn't interested as its more than 12 months old and directed me to the manufacturer (Lexar), who wont respond to any communications.

It was reasonably priced and now I know why; its rubbish.

Dont go anywhere this item or this manufacturer if you need a safe home for your data.

5.0 out of 5 stars USB 3, 1 July 2012
Needed a 32 gigabyte memory stick for moving films on average downloads onto the stick at 100 MB a second sometimes more can download onto it a complete film in 20 seconds. Such a difference using USB 3

5.0 out of 5 stars Works at high speed with my MacBook Air USB 3 ..., 7 Feb. 2015
Mark A. Brammer (UK) - See all my reviews
Works at high speed with my MacBook Air USB 3.0. I can't say whether it is as fast as competitors, but it moves data quickly - both reading and writing. Mechanism seems to be holding up well. I bought a 16gb of the same series over a year ago and it's been flawless, despite being dragged around the globe in the bottom of my rucksack.