4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy construction
Published 3 months ago by Geoffrey Thomas

2.0 out of 5 stars The least reliable memory stick I have ever used.
Published 6 months ago by Rebecca Kirsty Younger

2.0 out of 5 stars The least reliable memory stick I have ever used., 22 Jan 2014
This memory stick gave me a scare after I'd been using it for only 3 months, when files I had saved on it became corrupted and unreadable (files that I was trying to work on as part of my doctoral thesis!). To make it work again, I had to reformat it, which involves wiping all the files. Not a disaster if you have other back-ups, but frustrating and time-consuming. Having said that, it seems to be working fine again now. I have the 8GB version too and it has never (yet!) given me any trouble. Lexar technical support were fairly helpful. As a minor point, the sliding cover thing is quite wide - if the USB ports on your computer are side-by-side or directly one above the other, you cannot fit anything in the adjacent port when this memory stick is plugged in. The cover slides right off really easily (although I'm not sure it is supposed to), which solves this problem. It was a great price, and I like the colour (as if that matters when your files are corrupted!); but after using it for a while, I couldn't really recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok for what it was intended, 6 Jan 2014
This review is from: Lexar 64GB JumpDrive S50 USB Flash Drive Memory Stick (Accessory)
Serves the purpose on which was intended, large memory. The one thing that I do not like is the slide cover to protect the connection. Quite feeble and can easily be detached, not what I expected. Recommend. Buy a more sturdy cover or removable cap.

3.0 out of 5 stars bit cheap looking, 7 May 2014
this memory stick has worked really well so far but I don't trust it as much as a I should. Lexar is a really well known brand in our household and I would love to be able to say that this memory stick is amazing but I just think they have bodged the quality a little. for example there is no reason for the cover. it doesn't work very well as in it gets stuck in the small runners and it comes off VERY easily !!the company logo has melted off already, but I think its a good thing for the company!!! and lastly it took 3 hours to upload 5gb of data at one time. its a good memory stick as in it holds data like its supposed to but the quality is lacking and its very slow hence the 3*'s.

4.0 out of 5 stars Flimsy construction, 22 April 2014
Geoffrey Thomas "Jeffers" (Bournemouth UK) - See all my reviews
This is a good memory stick for the price and works well for what I need. My only reservation is the flimsy construction of the sliding cover. This easily falls off if you are not careful with it and offers no protection from foreign matter, dust, grit etc getting into the USB connector. I use the stick simply for creating a small video library usable on my Mac and PCs but if you plan to carry the stick around in your pocket consider one with better physical protection.

3.0 out of 5 stars beware of cheap plastic build, 22 July 2014
Does what is says on the tin. Fast, small and light to carry. My only crit would be that the usb end that you put into the slot is pushed forward and retractable, in rather soft plastic, so sometimes it does not make perfect contact. I guess it will not last as long as a stiff non retractable stick.

4.0 out of 5 stars storage solver, 14 July 2014
does the job

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
ok

5.0 out of 5 stars So pleased have now got 3, 12 July 2014
One to purchase. Plenty of storage. So pleased have now got 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 7 July 2014