on 23 June 2013
I've never really been sure with these dongles about whether they're already locked to a network and I'm expected to pay for a subscription when I insert it into my laptop. But this one comes with a SIM slot which I could put my Three SIM in and use straight away. I've managed to get very good connection speed on this and it connects with seconds of booting my laptop up.
on 8 October 2013
This is a very good device. Easy to use on any network as it come sunlocked and ready to use. I will recommend it to anyone who would like broadband/ surfing the net/ browsing on the move. Thanks
on 16 March 2015
Bought this because I have a static caravan in a very poor reception area. My iPhone only gets service when it's upside down in the front window of the van - anywhere else and there's nothing. This stick, together with an external magnetic base aerial, pulls in the signal much better and I can reliably get about 1Mb/s download speeds. OK so that's not fast, but given the iPhone gets almost nowt and it should show the signal capability of this modem.

The one thing to watch is that this is a 'hillnk' device, which means unlike most other 3G modems which appear as serial ports and need additional software to drive it and get a 'ppp' connection, this one appears as a USB-Ethernet adapter. It has it's own built-in web server so you can easily configure SIM PIN, read/send SMS, configure APN etc. - very neat and easy to use!
on 16 February 2014
Its doing exactly what I needed it for. I initially struggled to set up the internet connection but I finally figured it out and its working perfectly
on 20 October 2014
I Ordered T-Mobile Dongle, But got an Orange Dongle! ! ! Tried it anyway and it works fine, Customer feed Back and Comments helped a lot, Worked with Virgin sim & 3 Sim ! ! ! BRILLIANT ! ! !
on 21 March 2015
This is a black-coloured dongle that looks like many other dongles they make. Be aware that it takes a full-size SIM card and not a micro SIM: There is information online suggesting that it takes a micro SIM and even my mobile phone network seemed to think likewise and sent me a micro SIM for it. I couildn't figure out at first why it didn't work, but rectified the problem once I placedit into an adapter and created a full-size SIM. It then worked immediately. It shows different coloured lights according to the type of connection you have. It does a good job. I haven't had any problems with it. You don't need anything better, unless, of course, you require 4G.
on 14 June 2014
This is unlocked and as far as I know any ISP chip will work. Useful if travelling. Arrived next day.
on 13 January 2016
Bought this for use in South Africa. I decided to check that it worked in the UK, before leaving. My Phone is on Three so I took the dongle to my local Three shop to get a data sim. They only had micro sims but gave me an adapter. At home I tried to use the dongle on my laptop running windows 8.1. the computer recognised and installed the dongle successfully, However the dongle simply will not recognise the sim. I get a message (every time I turn it on saying) "Insert sim and re start your device."
Checked online and found that this is a common problem with Huawei dongles, they are extremely picky about what sims they recognise. This lead me to more research into if the dongle would work on the two networks which are available to me in the area of S.A. that I am visiting, Cell C and MTN. Both of these networks report that their sims will not work in the Huawei E3131 HSPA+ modem.
on 3 March 2014
Just wanted a easy-to-use, reliable usb dongle that I could put a free data SIM in and keep it as a backup if my home broadband goes down/gets throttled.
Already got a chance to use it, and everything worked perfectly out of the box.

I put in a Data 0 SIM from Ovivio (no monthly cost, or credit popup needed)
and plugged in the dongle, and everything just worked.
It loaded up the dongle installer, then lunched the dongle site,and away I went.
on 4 July 2015
The issue is that the dongle has a tendency to disconnect quite quickly and than takes a very long time to reconnect, often returning no results for websites visited. The only way to keep it performing well is to keep the dongle under almost constant use so it doesn't put the connection on hold.

But more problematic than that is the fact that the dongle wont pass UDP traffic at all. That means you can't use it to pass games but also some chat programs and other less frequent but equally important traffic. I thus can't recommend this dongle, it has too many problems.