Format: DVD|Change

on a par with series 1
on 22 May 2015
Laugh out loud funny!
on 8 January 2013
I really enjoyed this. It is very witty from the start. The only thing I found a bit of a bother was the sound levels. Seemed booming loud and then suddenly I was straining to hear, up, down, up. Maybe just me. But really really good.
on 19 January 2016
Naughty but nice.
on 10 April 2014
I am a big Julia Davis fan and I think this is her best yet. So so funny. Only problem I had was picking up some of the dialogue and hence humour, I don't have hearing problems but do sometimes find it difficult to pick up what is being said on telly and the fact they were talking in olde world english didn't help, so I recommend putting on subtitles to ensure you don't miss any of the very clever and hilarious script. Julia's BAFTA for comedy writing was very well deserved!
on 20 April 2013
I love it, my partner hated what they were"putting that poor girl through" so I watched the rest after he went to bed hoping not to wake him up with my apoplexic fits of chortling, snortling and fnarrring. If you have a sick and traditionally British sense of humour you will lap this all up like a warm cup of "Sir's bubbly milk". Nom, nom, nom!
on 12 March 2013
This was originally screened on Sky Atlantic, so less people saw it than Alan Partridges's combat show on cable. That's a shame as it's well worth a viewing if you like your comedy well south of sane. Not sure there will be a sequel, but the half hour episodes nicely fill up an evening and as ever there is some clever writing and observation from Julia Davis.
on 10 May 2014
I have watched this through once and have just started on episode 1 again. I found it hilarious, with such a clever use of words for the era. Julia Davis is pure genius and keeps the comedy flowing throughout the series. I can thoroughly recommend this to anyone who has a dark sense of humour.
on 16 January 2013
This is yet another success by Julia Davis. After loving 'nighty night' bought this as a Christmas present for my husband. Watched each episode back to back. Lots of comedy stars. Really good sick comedy, however a little dark at times. Would recommend.
on 28 July 2014