5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy & Well Designed
The York Active 120 is a very sturdy, well built cross trainer.

Published 23 months ago by Miss V

3.0 out of 5 stars A few teething problems.
Published 17 months ago by Sonali6407

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Sturdy & Well Designed, 14 July 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
The York Active 120 is a very sturdy, well built cross trainer.

There are 12 pre-programmed workout settings and the option to program 4 different users (height, weight, age etc). I'm 5ft3 and the stride length is fine for me however it may be unsuitable for tall users. It automatically turns off after a couple of minutes of inactivity and wakes up if you start using it again. It appears to remember the user settings even if you switch it off at the socket. It's a quiet machine and only makes (slightly) noticeable noise when the resistance changes.

It was easy to assemble (with two people) and the instructions were very clear (all screws, nuts and washers are pre-orgaised and labelled with the build step in which they are used - I wish all DIY products had this!). It could be built by one (relatively strong) person but was much easier to build with two - the base is quite heavy and inserting the axle through the handle bar post and arms can be difficult by hand (we used a hammer in the end which proved to be much easier).

Very good for value for money, I would thoroughly recommend this product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product, 30 July 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Easy to assemble, super clear instructions and competent supplied tools. You will however require a hammer for slight tapping in of the centre bar. Great to use too but will not suit anyone over say 5'8" which I believe is somewhat mentioned in the item description.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value, 7 Jun. 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Arrived very quickly, and was relatively easy to assemble, although I would read the instructions all the way through before starting. Once assembled it is very good quality and very quiet when being used. Both my partner and I find the stride length just about right for us as we're on the slightly shorter side. If you are over 5'6" or so you may find the stride length too short. Bear in mind that the stride length is not adjustable.

The control unit feels slightly cheap but works well enough. Again reference to the instructions makes life a lot easier, but once your personal data is entered into the unit it does default to those settings. This means you can be up and exercising very quickly. The built-in exercise programs provided enough variety, but there is a user-definable program if you fancy a specific exercise regime.

Overall very good build quality, very quiet when being used, and excellent value for money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Good Product, 17 April 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Recieved promptly. Although took a little while to put together, instructions were clear and simple. Very happy with the purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Excellent for the price, 7 May 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
A good price for a good machine. It is quite simple to assemble and has many good functions. It has quite a short "stride" so I think it might not be suitable for a tall person with a long stride.

4.0 out of 5 stars York cross trainer, 13 Oct. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
The Cross Trainer meets exactly my needs for now. Easily assemble compact safe,I think and fits inobtrusively where I want it to be.

5.0 out of 5 stars great investment, 8 Sept. 2013
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Arrived within 3 days of ordering.
Took 2 of us an hour to assemble with no hitches.
Smooth and very quiet during use
Easy to operate computer, entering details was a breeze.
Would definitely recommend to anyone looking to buy exercise equipment for their home. Suited to beginners and those looking for a tougher challenge. 16 resistance levels are more than enough for simulating the flattest surface or more extreme terrain.
Only complaint is the water bottle holder is of a poor quality and placement on cross trainer wasn't well thought through but I don't use it and didn't attach it.
If you can handle an Ikea flat pack then this is on a par and you'll breeze through.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Good Unit and Great Back Up., 23 May 2015
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
My partner bought this for the both of us as she and I both feel the need for some regular exercise and a good tone up. This York trainer arrived on the specified date with no problems.

I set about assembling the trainer and found that the very first bolt that I took out of the well labelled card had a dome nut missing. I have to be honest and say this did make me rather grumpy! However I had a quick rummage through my tool box and found a nut that could do the job and continued with the assembly. Working on my own, (my partner had spotted my glum expression and nipped off sharpish,) I put it together in around two hours.

I've waited a week to write this review for a couple of reasons.

I wanted to see how well it stayed together and the answer is just fine. I've checked all the nuts and bolts today and nothing needed tightening. It comes with lots of washers etc to help stop bolts loosening. It doesn't have a huge footprint so sits quite unobtrusively in our spare room.

We've both used it every day and it's just great. Very quiet in operation as well as intuitive. It looks the part, with clean lines and a pleasing form. A couple of reviewers have mentioned that tall people might not get best use out of the trainer. That may be so, but I'm 5' 10" and it's fine.

The second reason that I didn't write a review straight away was because I emailed York's support department regarding the missing dome nut and wanted to see what happened. I received a polite reply within a couple of days and yesterday the dome nut turned up in the post. Excellent service!

Sometimes things don't go according to plan, but when a company deals with a small issue in a helpful and timely fashion it speaks volumes about their service. Therefore they get a well deserved 5 stars.

Highly recommended.

3.0 out of 5 stars A few teething problems., 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Its sturdy, a good size and it was stylish. I wanted something that I could put in the corner of my dining room so I could pull it out and do it in front of the tv. I was really happy with it the first couple of days, then it started making a noise when it was used. I'm in the process of sending it back now unfortunately but I will get the same one again and I'm hopeful it wont have the same problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars used returned item sent to me!!, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: York Active 120 Cross Trainer (Sports)
Recived my "new" cross trainer today in a battered box, opened box to find a return slip in box, details stating item was great but to big.
Box full of animal hairs, all bolts taped back onto cardboard, item had been put together.
Im not very happy.
This item should not be sold as new it should be sold as used/returned item, full price should not be asked for it either.
Amazon you should be ashamed, poor customer service from you this time,
ive now this cross trainer waiting to be collected, waiting another week for a "new" one,
the only thing I get from you is a £20 voucher!! Impressed im not,
your staff didn't understand my problem im hoping others do,
I paid £229 for a NEW item not USED item, now im left waiting again for it.
And ive the former owners details included in the box, great at confidentiality, not thats its thats persons fault.
One unhappy customer at this time.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›