Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£8.69

on 3 November 2012
Tape Five do it again, blending new and old without sounding twee or contrived. Crisp production highlights the talent of brass and woodwind musicians and well matched vocals. The album flows well from start to finish with references to Glen Miller in Slow Serenade, Louis Prima in Bunga Book and hints of the Bond theme in the baseline of I Spy You. For me the vocals in Tintarella di Luna make this the standout track on an album that really is a worthy follow up to Tonight Josephine.
on 20 October 2012
Most of what could be said of the last album applies here. The quality of the musicianship and of the female vocals remains top notch; the strength of the songs is a bit variable. High spots include Black Cotton Blues, Tintarella di Luna and Love Tonite, all of which sound authentic whilst of course not being. Geraldine's Routine and Bunga Book, are maybe the weak points, but that's just my opinion.

All in all, your feet will tap, and you will find yourself singing along. This album has accompanied me on a cold and soggy drive to and from work all week, and has lifted my spirits every time. This afternoon my wife, who isn't really into anything other than Stevie Wonder, conceded that " I quite like that!", so Swing Patrol clearly has powers to reach even the musically autistic!
on 9 May 2013
if you like swinfg music you might love this. I've only played the whole thing once but already have a couple of favourites, but the whole cd bounces along at a good pace, however sometimes it all feels a little like the tracks are running into each other as the beat doesn't change much
on 11 March 2013
If you like swing music and boogie you will probably like this. A fine collection of songs, nice music, good vocals. Great to have on in the car.
on 14 March 2013
I got Tonight Josephine last christmas and played it to death. This album is going the same way. I need their other albums.....
on 8 December 2012
Great in the car & also for dinner parties.
A must for Christmas.
My god-daughter is in a 40s band. I've sent her a copy.
on 4 January 2013
Tape Five is our newly discovered favourite band. Every track is great and you'll b sure to listen on repeat. Great swing rythms.
on 31 December 2012
This album is just brilliant and everyone that I've played it to has said 'love it - want it'
Tape 5 have just got it right and really 'swing it !'
on 29 August 2013
After being hooked on "Tonight Josephine", I ordered this one with a mix of expectation and trepidation: I have to say that this album carries on with the great mix of quality and inventiveness. Fusing the best of modern technology and old-fashioned song/music craft, it is another delight. Really can't understand a previous reviewer's comment on "City Of Lights" - it is a completely different song to the Pink Martini one of the same name? Overall excellent and highly recommended!
on 5 May 2013
Thanks to Amazon recommendations - I listened to samples and loved this music straight away. The quality of the arrangements and musicianship is terrific. Combines the best of swing and modern studio techniques in one album. Should appeal to fans of the Andrews Sisters / Glen Miller etc as well as more modern music.