4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected
Published 23 months ago by B. Gee

3.0 out of 5 stars not his best work
even though the recording is good throughout, it did not excite and I would not particularly recommend this disc above others
Published 17 months ago by Peter Hartley

4.0 out of 5 stars Not quite what I expected, 15 Jun. 2013
B. Gee "carra872" (West Sccotland) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Chet Baker in Paris - Complete Original Recordings (2CD) (Audio CD)
I was misled by the title and assumed these were live recordings which they are not. I had just seen the feature about Chet's life on BBC4 and decided to add to my recording by him with something live. I still rate the recordings quite highly, as studio tracks they are good examples of his work in Europe, where he spent so much of his life but they lack the atmosphere that is captured at a live recording with an appreciative audience lifting the performers to greater heights.

3.0 out of 5 stars not his best work, 9 Dec. 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Chet Baker in Paris, 21 Mar. 2013
Great CD - easy listening - a must have - Good Service arrived per return of post. Will buy again - Thanks