on 8 January 2014
In all honesty, this product is worth what it costs.

It charges my phone up to 44% (which is still quite a lot) but isn't it's advertised 1900 may.
It gets ridiculously hot when the micro USB charger is connected and on and when it is simultaneously charging the phone.
It gets slightly (acceptably) warm when it is just charging the phone.
Out of its 4 charging LEDs, the first two are always simultaneously on no matter what the charge level.
The iPhone sync part also occasionally works when the phone charger switch is on.
It does provide decent protection to the back of the phone.

Overall, it's fair enough for the price but certainly not your daily driver for a long time. (It's been working fine for 3 weeks)
on 29 October 2013
I recently replaced my iPhone 4s'1450mAh internal battery and it was less painless than I expected and was bowled over with the new lease of lie it gave it. So I went the whole hog and purchased this extended 1900mAh battery. It gives it the same length as about an iPhone 5 now. There is a usb to mini usb charger cable included that works with the standard apple usb wall socket and the computer. This lead charges both the phone battery and the external pack in one, so you never have to 'remove' the case. The headphone and power socket are slightly more recessed at the top, but my Sennheiser headphones still fit perfectly gives me all together about 3 days standby. Amazing for the price!
on 26 November 2013
Well the case does what it says on the tin. The case itself charges no problem, phone fits in nicely, charges it perfectly, indicator lights all function fine.
HOWEVER... i'm not sure if this is normal, but the case makes a really loud, noticeable whirring sound that my mum could even hear stood about two metres away from me. If a stockist or even an owner of this product could let me know if this is normal or if this is a problem, that would be great. Other than that, bargain for £7, I just worry about my £400 uninsured phone blowing up via the charger socket and would like to ease my mind!
on 1 January 2014
Charging the phone and the battery pack at the same time and leaving the battery pack turned on had no noticeable impact on the battery life of the phone. It was the reason that I bought it. I could stand the extra bulkiness of the phone and battery pack together for the benefit of extra batttery life, but I didn't get it. Charging the case separately and then using it to charge the phone when its battery was flat recharged the phone battery to about 65-70%. There are smaller, neater options to carrying the case around and then connecting your phone to it when its flat.
on 24 May 2015
This product does not work- when plugged into my phone, it either charges it for about 20 seconds and comes up with a message saying that the device cannot be supported, or it continuously starts and stops charging my phone. As well as this, unlike my last charger-case, the top half that slides on and off in order to put your case on or off is super awkward to put back on and takes loads of patience, so it's not designed very well. I may have just got a case from a bad batch, but i am completely not impressed.
on 28 November 2014
Takes quite a struggle to get the phone into the case which is obvious that the case is too small but when the case is eventually on it does not even charge properly and makes my phone vibrate constantly because it charges then stops then charges again I wasn't expecting it to be anything spectacular as I didn't pay much for it but I was expecting it to at least fit on my phone and work I was only testing it out as it was a Christmas present for some one but I would not give this to anyone as a present
on 30 April 2013
do not buy!! i bought three all at once,for myself,son,and wife all three cables after 2 to 3 weeks bacame faulty(cable would not charge the charger correctly)i contacted seller and there only sent one cable back -poor YOU ARE WASTING YOUR MONEY
on 20 February 2014
Portable 1900mAh External Power Pack Backup Battery Charger Case for i-Phone; I have purchased two of these to date and consequently feel well equipped to review this product.

I purchased the first in Aug 2013 from Oceanmap via Amazon for £7.64 including carriage. I wanted extended battery life so I could GPS continually while on 4 hour plus cycling rides.

The case worked well at first although occasionally the phone displayed the message 'Charging is not supported with this accessory' but if switched off and on again it would continue to work. One day while charging I noticed that the case had overheated at a location close to the charging socket.

It got so hot that the case softened and deformed leaving a concave hollow at a point on the case where it was hottest. Despite this concerning development the case continued to function, unfortunately I later dropped the phone a couple of times and the case split.

I then decided to risk buying a replacement hoping that the overheating was not an inherent fault and in Jan 2014 I purchased an identical case for £6.34 including carriage from ‘G For U—Ship from HK’ via Amazon.

Once more the case worked well at first but again occasionally the message 'Charging is not supported with this accessory' would appear. Then recently the case overheated and got very hot, softened and deformed again leaving a concave hollow in exactly the same place as had happened on the first case, nevertheless it continues to work.

I cannot recommend this device as the overheating fault is a serious concern.

DaveEd
on 5 May 2014
Please do not buy this product at all, I bought this product to extend my battery life it worked for a week but it created more problems than it solved.

It always overheats my phone when charging.which i overlooked

After about a week of use my battery would not charge at all unless all power was off, i was not sure whether it was the charging port or the battery so i took it back to a shop where he told me both were broken. It cost my £40 to repair
on 14 May 2014
The case feels very good on the phone but doesn't hold charge very long. Left it charging all night and when my phone ran down to 15% I connected the case and wouldn't charge after I reached 47%.

Also my iPhone keeps saying "this accessory may not be supported" and it's right.

Great idea but something needs to be done about the battery or something.

Probably NOT a good buy.