5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price
As the last reviewer said "it really does punch a lot of light for the size"
Best to get a good battery though as the blue batteries I purchased cheap are not so good.
I found that the best batteries are the Ultrafire 4,000 mh. They lasted me 1 hour and 45 minutes when tested canstantly on.
The blue cheapies from china only lasted 30 minutes when left on...
Published 22 months ago by Hawkeye

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality
Very poor quality item, I have the same torch from a different seller to make a comparison.
This one feels and looks cheap and nasty but it does work.
Published 18 months ago by Steve

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant for the price, 4 Aug. 2013
This review is from: ULTRAFIRE WF-501B NOW WITH CREE XM-L U2 LED UPGRADE FROM CREE T6 LED -1000 LUMEN FLASHLIGHT/TORCH (Misc.)
As the last reviewer said "it really does punch a lot of light for the size"
The blue cheapies from china only lasted 30 minutes when left on constantly.
Go fot it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very white and very bright., 13 Oct. 2013
The Cree T6 led is a very white light compared to the earlier led torches. This model is powerful, pocket sized and practical as it uses the now common 18650 battery.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super performing torch, 31 Jan. 2013
These torches (I purchased two) are very compact but punch a large beam of light out when needed. I carry one with me when walking my dog at night or early mornings, they are light and easily carried in my jacket pocket. The rechargeable battery is long lasting and although sold seperately just as value for money as the torch.

5.0 out of 5 stars The little ultrafire is ultra good for cyclists, 18 Nov. 2013
S. Dickson (Falkirk, Scotland) - See all my reviews
Hi,

I want to help potential buyers with a more detailed review. I am a cyclist and was looking for a low cost alternative to the high price products. I picked the Ultrafire because it is a known brand and there are some good YouTube videos on the WF-501B. I bought this product from a company called m-zone and combined with two other purchases from the same company:

1) 2x Ultrafire torches (this product) at £6.93 each

2) 1x set of two rechargeable batteries that correctly fit the torch and a UK charger at £3.89
18650 DUAL DIGITAL BATTERY CHARGER & 2 X ULTRAFIRE 18650 PROTECTED 3000MAH BATTERY NEW
B007VMTVZK

3) 2x Brackets to fit the torches onto my handlebars at £1.59 each
Bike Bicycle Cycle Cycling Light Front Torch Mount Bracket Clamp Holder Stand
B00B4QGA08

So for just over £20 I have dual rechargeable bike lights, no wires or external battery packs. All the parts arrievd in 7 days from China in a single package.

To make it all work a bit better, I made some modifications. To make sure water does not get in, I wrapped black insulation tape around the seals on the torches. I also wrapped the tape around the supplied rubbed bungs (these were not required because I have oversize handle bar mounts) onto the torch handles so that the torch fits tightly into the clamp. With the extra diameter, there is no way these torches are going to fall out. The clamps have a narrow range of adjustment - hence why I reused the rubber bungs. I also put a little bit of grease on the battery compartment screw threads to seal tightly and to allow smoother access to the rechargeable batteries.

I leave batteries on charge overnight and the indicator goes from Red to Green. No excessive heat appears in the charger but the power connections do seem rather loose although they work fine. Just make sure you put the batteries in the right way round because the - and + signs can be hard to see.

After a few wet and wild rides, the only downside i have found is when you hit a large pothole, one of the torches switches lighting modes; By pressing the rubber power button the mode switches between Bright, Medium, Low, Flash, and then SOS. The big bumps doesn't switch the torch off (I think the battery loses connection briefly and this causes the lighting mode to change). Apart from that I cannot fault these powerful little torches. The benefit of two torches means that I have a good vertical spread of the centre focus on the road ahead and it is unlikely that both will fail.

I found a lot of choice in Amazon, so I hope this helps you find the right product combination.

2.0 out of 5 stars Poor quality, 19 Nov. 2013
This one feels and looks cheap and nasty but it does work.

5.0 out of 5 stars Bright!, 23 Sept. 2013
I was looking for something to light up the road in front of me as well as allow me to be seen by oncoming cars while commuting to work. This light easily surpasses my expectations. I was expecting this light to be comparible to my previous Cree T6 LED light, but there is no comparison as this one easily outshines the T6 model with ease. I would suggest in getting the Ultrafire BRC 18650 3000mAh 3.7V Li-ion Rechargeable Battery for this light as I do notice a large difference in the run time of the light when using this one compared to the other 18650 batteries.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice bright torch, 27 Jun. 2014
Nice bright torch, well made, but let down by not always remembering its last setting. Good value & arrived quickly.

4.0 out of 5 stars A BRIGHT touch, but the battery size is odd, 30 April 2014
Mr. J. C. S. Wong "JamesW" (London) - See all my reviews
A bright led touch with an odd size batter, which wasn';t made clear in the descriptions, so after the item arrived I had to ordered a pair of battery and charger. Apart from that I am very happy with it and would have given 5 stars if only of the issue with the battery size and description..

4.0 out of 5 stars Bright and durable, 10 Mar. 2014
Serves the purpose. Bright light. Requires a rechargeable battery. Three settings.
A good strap can hold it in place.
Durable in all weather conditions.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 2 Mar. 2014
A couple of annoying flashing settings more than required.
S.O.S. and something else.
Great otherwise hard on batteries but that's cause it's powerful.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›