5.0 out of 5 stars A TOE TAPPING DELIGHT!!!!
Published on 28 Aug 2012 by C. J. Rhydderch

3.0 out of 5 stars Old better than new once again
A good introduction for London show.

Very well recorded and nice edition but a feeling that old movie is better tan new show
Published 22 months ago by Juan

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars A TOE TAPPING DELIGHT!!!!, 28 Aug 2012
C. J. Rhydderch "Mr Happy Feet" (Birmingham, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
After seeing the UK touring production of "TOP HAT" last year I was thrilled when it was announced that a cast recording would be released as I really want to use the music with my adult tappers (I'm a tap dance teacher!!). I received the new CD today and it doesn't disappoint in the slightest and in fact I'm typing this review as I'm listening to it!!!! As you would expect the vocals from Tom Chambers, Summer Stallen and the cast are all superb and if you've already seen the stage musical then you will know that they added more songs to the stage show as in the film version of "Top Hat" there were actually not too many!! As well as "Top Hat, White Tie And Tails", there's "Puttin On The Ritz", "Isn't This A Lovely Day (To Be Caught In The Rain)", "Let's Face The Music & Dance", "Cheek to Cheek", "The Piccolino" and many many more besides!! The orchestrations are also superb as are the musicians and the production quality really is fantastic!! Loved the background 'tapping' on some of the tracks too!! (I wonder if Mr Chambers provided those taps????)

All in all I'd say that this cast recording is just delightful and I would highly recommend it!!!! It certainly made me want to put my "Top Hat, White Tie And Tails" on and go dancing!!!!

Now where did I put my tap shoes??........

5.0 out of 5 stars Can't stop singing along!!, 5 Aug 2013
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
Bought this after seeing the show in London. Both the show and CD are fantastic!! You can't help but sing along from start to finish and before you know it, your feet are attempting to tap dance under the table, even though they don't know how!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great recording, 26 Sep 2012
David Petchey (Peterborough) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
For anyone that has seen the show this will be a fantastic reminder of what I'm sure was a great night out. The Irvin Berlin score is great with great performances by the leads - ok Tom Chambers hasn't got the best singing voice in the world but what he does have is charm and charisma. Scarlet Strallen sounds devine in my opinion.

My only disappointment is that the tapping in act 1 appears to be tapped by one person as opposed to the big ensemble routines that you have on stage. Not sure why the producers thought that this method would translate well on to the cd. Other big tap shows like the new broadway cast recording of 42nd street managed to get the mass tapping onto cd very well. That's the only trick they have missed with this otherwise superb recording.

5.0 out of 5 stars Refreshingly different., 8 Nov 2013
This review is from: Top Hat - The Musical (Original London Cast Recording) (MP3 Download)
I have only ever heard the film score (Astaire and Rogers), so it was a delight to listen to this performance on stage.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Hat, 21 Oct 2013
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
I found this as good as both the touring show and the London Stage Show but then I am biased as my Grand Daughter appeared in both until December of 2014.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Hat is Topping, 8 Oct 2013
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
Wonderful recording of a wonderful show - makes your feet start tapping and lifts the spirits immediately chasing the blues away!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Show, 16 Sep 2013
Beryl Korman (England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
Loved the show - love the music. The original sounds very dated now but the new recording has breathed new life into this marvellous score!

4.0 out of 5 stars Full of Irving, 25 Mar 2014
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
Irving Berlin's romantic music given a lush treatment by a great cast and orchestra,; a delightful CD to remember the show by if you saw it. If you didn't, a lovely CD of songs associated with Fred and Ginger.

5.0 out of 5 stars Top Hat, 4 Mar 2014
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
Bought this for my grand daughter for her birthday and it was a great success as she had missed seeing the show in London. very pleased with the seller

5.0 out of 5 stars A Real Musical, 3 Feb 2014
This review is from: TOP HAT (Audio CD)
A real musical that's a delight from start to finish . A tuneful score by Irving Berlin , musical director Dan Jackson moves it along with a real 1930s swing , sung by the original London Cast . Tom Chambers and Summer Stallen both excel . The song , Outside Of That ,I love You ,sung by Vivien Parry and Martin Ball is a real delight . I was lucky enough to be given this as Birthday gift , but if you buy for yourself , you are in for a treat .

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›