Format: Kindle EditionChange
Price:£2.39

on 5 November 2012
I came upon this novella in quite a unique way. The author is a fervent tweeter and offers some unique incentives to read. He needn't have bothered as this gripping ride captures the reader immediately. Tension and mystery build in equal measure during the first half of the book and I almost found the different strands of the story more compelling that when they finally weave together. Troy Blackford has an inventive and at times quite graphic imagination. I suspect that it may be a few more books before Troy firmly hits his stride but there is enough here to signal someone I know I will be reading for a while. Its always great to follow authors from the beginning so I urge you to hop this train early - you won't be disappointed.
The novella stands alone but will also form part of a trilogy. You can also catch some short stories on the authors website.
on 10 October 2012
This is a novella and the first of a three part series. Starts off with police investigating some strange things going on which is intriguing and will keep you reading. The story quickly becomes enthralling and as the pace quickens you will find yourself on the edge of your seat. Very much looking forward to the next one!
on 6 January 2013
A gripping start to a trilogy that will be completed in early 2013.
Unable to put it down, i read this in a single sitting on a Sunday evening, and after a little light refreshment, i'll be starting the next installment, which is already sitting on my Kindle!
Mystery, murder, conspiracy, corruption, killer robots, even! Troy Blackford delivers the goods!
on 4 January 2013
It picks up right away with an intriguing hook, which pretty successfully made me not want to put it down until I knew what was happening! Blackford writes very simply, almost deceptively so, as he drags you in to soemthing which starts off at a high pace and just keeps going. Despite that I reached a point where I guessed what was going on and who the big bad was, I didn't enjoy the read any less.
As for the end, well it leaves you in no doubt the the next one is going to be bigger, faster and more in depth.
A short read, but a good one.
on 5 January 2013
The author posted some of his short stories on Twitter. Reading them persuaded me to buy Critical Incident.

The story moves quickly. Information given is relevant to the story-no unnecessary rambling so no dead chapters.
It's a little unsettling in places...maybe this could/does happen to some level, somewhere in the world?...and that's what I like about it. That tinge of possibility.

Next purchase is the follow-up 'Emergent Pattern'.
on 18 November 2012
To be honest the only reason I bought this novella was that I follow Mr Blackford on Twitter and wondered if he could write and yes he can. I was drawn into this tale immediately and found it riveting. I haven't read a story for a long time thats held my attention so well. Look forward to the next two novellas.
on 4 December 2012
I thoroughly enjoyed reading Critical Incident. Mr. Blackford as a way with words and writes with great emotion. I found myself extremely interested in the characters had to keep reading. I highly recommend this book.
on 27 January 2013
This is setting up a series and is definately interesting enough to continue reading the next in the series,I enjoyed it
on 14 March 2013
great book fast and furious straight into the action and BANG to the end a must read from this new author
on 5 June 2013
Unique reading experience. Troy keeps the reader gripped with this action packed, non-stop feast for the brain! Unexpected and unusual twists at every corner, with enough mystery about characters to leave you writing your own sub plots in your head!
0CommentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse