5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastilistic!!! super book, 3 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Alice Parker & the Secret of Arcanum Cove (Alice Parker's Adventures Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
This was a brillant book. I was immediately captivated from page .1. Nicola Palmer's imagination takes us on a fantastic adventure to Arcanum Cove. Her story-line is original and she creates a magical world for the reader; a world you'll want to be part of! The Secret of Arcanum Cove is so well written that you almost feel as if you've visted the coastal resort. The characters are superbly developed and believable, the plot is full of suspense and makes a compelling read. I'm definitely a fan of the Alice Parker Adventure series and I'm so glad I happened upon Nicola Palmer's work. Recommended read and 5* - suitable for early YA to adult.

4.0 out of 5 stars Alice Parker's Adventure Book 3, 9 Jan. 2013
I was given and e-copy of this book in exchange for my honest review. This is book 3 in the Alice Parker's Adventures Series.

Alice, Thomas, and their grandparents, and of course good ole' Jack head out for a much needed holiday. The Parker family will be staying with granddads old friend Felix and his wife. The place is lovely. There is a beautiful garden, lots of room for Jack to run, and has the perfect view of the beach. What more could they ask for? Well.....how about some time to enjoy it. Not long after arriving, they hear that there is evil lurking, they will also be meeting new wips, finwips, sinwips, and a few other friends and foes. Oh, and to top it all off, Alice discovers a new ability, pluse some secrets start to come out. Looks as if Alice is off on another adventure, but this one, she holds the future of them all in the her hands.

An enjoyable children's read. Rated for age group 9-12, but also enjoyable for us bigger kids as well.

Originally posted on The Mystical World of Book Reviews

5.0 out of 5 stars A Fantastic Children's Story!, 3 July 2013
This is the third book in the Alice Parker's adventures. I loved it!

Alice Parker is a fantastic character! She is a very special girl. She is a Finwip (a descendant of fairies), and the only Finwip able to fly. Her abilities and powers are growing. Going on holiday seems like a great idea, until she is involved in a dangerous mission to unearth the secrets of Arcanum Cove. Alice, along with her brother and grandfather, will have to face a most cunning adversary, and comes face to face with an old enemy.

This is a fantastic continuation of the series! I have wanted to read this for a while! The Finwips are a fascinating group of people. They have many different and unique abilities that range from invisibility to super sensitive hearing! Alice finds herself embroiled in another exciting adventure that had me sitting on the edge of the seat! This is a fast paced, action packed adventure that will keep children from the ages of 9-12 completely engrossed! In fact, I struggled to put it down myself! I love all the characters (even the "bad guys", who are deliciously creepy, oddly enough!). They come alive on the page! I am now looking forward to reading the next book, Alice Parker & The Sound of the Silent, as soon as I can!

Nicola Palmer has written an amazing children's series that is enchanting, exciting and all round good fun! Her writing style is fast paced, but easy enough for youngsters to read and follow. She is one of my favourite children's book authors!

I highly recommend this book (and series) to children and adults alike! - Lynn Worton

5.0 out of 5 stars Alice Parker, 22 April 2013
I chose this rating because Alice Parker books are good books and Rip enjoy reading them. This Alice Parker book is probably the best Alice Parker book out of the first 3.

5.0 out of 5 stars Epic read!, 13 April 2013
I love Alice Parker books and I would totally recommend this one.
This is the third book.....the fourth book is the best - 'Alice Parker and the Sound of the Silent'. It's fun and stretches your imagination, you just want to keep on reading!
They are meant for teens, however, I am 10 and feel that it is suitable for my age.
If you like sci-fi fantasy, then this is for you!

5.0 out of 5 stars Another blinder, 19 Nov. 2012
I have loved the first 2 books in this series and knew I wouldn't be disappointed with the 3rd. It was a bit shorter than the first 2 (or felt like it, maybe I just devoured it in my excitement!) but it was still as excellent. If it had been padded out to make it longer it would have ruined the flow of the story.

Once again I have been left, eagerly anticipating the next installment of Alice Parker! The story is well written with language simple enough for kids to understand but not patronising, and also a delight for adults to read.

5.0 out of 5 stars EXCELLENT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! MORE PLEASE, 17 Sept. 2012
I was given this book by the author in return for an honest review.

This is the third book in the series and they just get better and better. I really hope there is another book as I feel that Alice and her friends have so much more to offer. In this book we see Alice take a holiday that ends up a bit more stressful than the average "human" holiday an at the same time uncover's more of her abilities.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for all ages, 15 Sept. 2012
this is the third book about alice parker thank you letting me read this book
alice, thomas granddad and grandma jack the dog, have gone down to devon for a holiday to see grandad friend
there go on an adventure to an island, meet more people like than and of cause you have the evil hugh

5.0 out of 5 stars Never grow up, 15 Sept. 2012
Act your age, not your shoe size, but then you'd miss out on the excitement that Ms Palmer creates with her "Alice Paker" series of books!

This, the third book, is just as good as the previous two and takes us on a summer holiday with Alice. her brother and grandparents. I feel that Nicola may be drawing on places she loves as the descriptions are so real and take the reader with her! My only criticism is that the mode of transport Alices grand father employs is a Morris Traveller, and I don't like Morris Travellers!! (Should have been a Rover P4, now that'a an eccentric car!!)

That aside, we are treated to Nicolas' wonderful use of her mother tongue, the English language, and transported to an enchanted wood with magical "Cocoons" and even more magical people ..... we whitness even more enigmatic new "gifts" for Alice! (Will Alice be up for the Olympic team in 2016?) And just where did her grand fathers friend disappear to?? You'll have to read to find out .....

And I always enjoy the teaser that Nicola includes toward the end of the books ......

Well done, Nicola, it's another triumph. I loved every word. Thank you X

And my shoe size ......... 47

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for 9-12 year-olds, 20 Aug. 2014
Ignite (East Yorkshire, UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
Alice, her brother and her grandparents go on holiday to Arcanum Cove where Alice discovers her remarkable new swimming ability. She meets her grandfather's friend, Felix, her enemy Hugh's grandfather. She learns that she has been left a legacy by a mysterious woman but to find it she and the group need to go to Aspen Island.

This book, intended for youngsters of around 9 - 12 years of age, is a thrilling adventure where discoveries are made, not only about the legacy Alice receives but about the identity of the woman who left it to her. Her grandfather is also left a bequest which the whole family enjoys. Alice now has the ability to know the future. If you could, would you dare use it? A great story for the young at heart.