5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!
Published 21 months ago by rosieinthecountry

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for shoulder length or longer hair.
Published 14 months ago by J. Holmes

5.0 out of 5 stars Spectacular!, 11 Oct 2012
I don't often use an exclamation mark but this product definitely deserves one. I spotted this whilst in an airport on a TV shopping channel and wished that I had had the time to buy it at the lower price. I've owned the larger one for some time but having just had a haircut, this seemed ideal. Easy to handle, great temperature settings, the back of your hair looks as good as the front and the end result really does look as if an expensive blow-dry has taken place. Wouldn't be without this now as it's so much quicker than a hairdryer although it can be helpful to 'rough dry' first if you have a dryer to hand. Faultless piece of kit in my opinion.

5.0 out of 5 stars BaByliss 2777U 42mm - great product!, 18 Mar 2013
This review is from: BaByliss 2777U Big Hair Rotating Styler - 42 mm (Personal Care)
I previously had the Big Hair Rotating Styler (50mm) which I thought was a good product although the barrel size was rather large for my hair and I found it difficult to get 'height' at the roots. I only bought that styler last September and was dismayed when only some 6 months later it suddenly smelt terrible while in use last week and promptly conked out!

The same day, after reading the reviews on this site I ordered the 2777U model (which has a smaller barrel). I think it's a great product!

I have very fine hair which is in a longish bob style. I have used the styler after using my ordinary shampoo and conditioner (John Freida hair thickening range)and also in combination with hair boosting products such as Bumble and Bumble Hair Thickening spray and GHD Root Lift. The results are noticeably different - if I use hair boosting products the results after using the styler are much much better and last longer.

The styler itself takes a little getting used to but it is honestly worth the effort. I am pretty rubbish at styling my hair but the rotating styler creates a wonderful salon-like blow dry in a short space of time. As I've said, my hair is fine so doesn't take long to dry - I can get a sleek bob style in around 5-6 minutes. You do need to practice using the machine - at the beginning you can get in a pickle pressing the wrong rotation buttons, get your hair tangled up after selecting the fast rotation setting etc but after a few attempts the results can be truly amazing.

I think this barrel size is ideal for shorter hair lengths and on my long bob it works a treat. I'd also say that I get less static with this styler than I did with the previous one.

One criticism though - I wish BaByliss had properly described what sort of hair length this styler is more suited to on the box or on the general promotional info it gives before one makes a purchase - it only described this styler being more suited to shorter hair in the instruction leaflet that I got after making the purchase! It was only thanks to the ladies who wrote Amazon reviews that I realised this model would be more suitable for my hair - otherwise I would have probably just bought the same model as before.

Other thing to say - re: the styler that broke down. Amazon was absolutely brilliant at dealing with the refund - easy to contact, really friendly and helpful - faultless service.

Thank you to all the people who wrote reviews on this product as it helped me to decide on this model - that's why I decided to write one too.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent drier, 28 April 2013
This is the best thing since 5the invention of sliced bread makes the hair feel lovely and smooth and not frizzy

5.0 out of 5 stars leaves hair in good condition, 28 May 2014
very gentle to hair, does not leave hair damaged. Unlike after blow dry, hair is shiny, not dry.Should have bought it before, to be honest.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, 2 April 2014
Absolutely brilliant. I have a graduated bob and it gives such body . I'm rubbish at hair dressing but this is so easy.would definitely recommend this

4.0 out of 5 stars good at the right length of hair.., 10 Mar 2013
Petra "I love to read" "book addict!!!" (Northern Ireland) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Babyliss 2777u 42 mm Big Hair Rotating Styler for me was an excellent styling advice. If you are not in a hurry which for me is unfortunate as I spend my life in a hurry! It was quicker for me to use my own hairdryer first of all to rough dry my hair then use this to make it big and bouncy and to set the hair style which it does very well.
I was happily shocked when I first used this as all I had to do was put my hair into separate sections then place the hair dryer underneath one section of hair I wished to be styled the brush immediately seemed to grasp my hair within its bristles and with the added bonus of the rotating brush head made my hair dry silky smooth as with the constant rotation the full section of hair was being dried in the same direction which to me seemed to make the cuticle of the hair glossy and smooth.
I really do like using this styler as it really does work and the silkiness of my hair after use is second to none as included within the brush which is used to style my hair is high shine ionic conditioning and I love the shine which this give my hair as my hair is straight as a ruler, not even a kink in it. So using this does give my hair an added boost, plus the ceramic barrel which they say gives fullness and body makes my hair look and feel so smooth and silky to the touch yes with added bounce which to be honest the only time I have had this was when I get my hair professionally styled. Yes I do use excellent shampoo and conditioner which already keeps my hair looking good and feeling good but I have noticed when I use the Babyliss Big Hair I am asked have I been to the hairdressers! Which I have to admit puts a smile on my face.
I do like the fact that the rotating action of the brush head makes styling my hair a lot easier as I would have restriction on my wrists due to pain so therefore I would be restricted on how far and often I can rotate my wrist to style my hair. With using the Babyliss I can stand at the mirror, part the section of hair I want to dry and style and just admire my handiwork until the Babyliss styler has finished its work. I actually use the Babyliss fully dry my hair and style if I am going out socially as I always allow myself extra time to get ready but if I was in a hurry I would dry my hair using my normal hairdryer then finish off using the Babyliss Big Hair styler.
The added bonus of the brush being multi-directional is perfect for me as I am left handed which has in the past using styling aids rather difficult but with the different styles which come and go this would really be an excellent Hair drying Brush styling aid to have in your household.
Another reason why I like to use the Babyliss Big Hair styler is that there are two separate drying heat speeds which I find quite adequate for drying hair but specifically for drying and styling hair is perfect but as I said before not if you are in a hurry. There are also two rotation speeds which provides you with total control of your crowning glory, these are easily managed with a quick click of a button below the base of the actual brush you use in your hair but must be kept pressed down to keep the brush head rotating which at times would be slightly irritating at times but maybe it would not annoy other users.
One thing I will say this particular model is perfect for those with "shortish" hair styles but those with long luscious locks this will no way be able to handle all the extra hair. For those with thick hair though styled in a short style I would recommend you dry your hair in separate sections which I do believe will make the style stay in longer.
Why I love using this Babyliss Big Hair Styler is once I style my hair using this model, I always use a quick spray of hair spray the style will stay in all day and even after a night out socialising my style holds well which will last well into the next day even after a night's kip.
The full weight of the styler including the wire and lead is 485grams roughly and the actual styler not including the lead etc. is 366grams which I find easy enough for me to hold. I included the full weight as this might be useful if you are considering purchasing it for going on holiday with the weight restrictions regarding suitcases etc. As I would consider it perfect for those going on holiday as it would dry your hair as well as styling which would save you some extra weight for more important things e.g. Shoes!!
I would recommend the Babyliss 2777u 42mm Big Hair Rotating Styler to all those who like myself have short to medium hair or with short layered hair.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not good for shoulder length or longer hair., 15 May 2013
J. Holmes - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
I already have a Babyliss Big Hair, the standard one, and love it and use it every day. It gives lovely smooth curves to my hair. I recently had my hair cut to shoulder length and thought this shorter hair version would be better but it gets tangled in my hair and the curls are bit too curly! I just wanted a smooth curved under style. The Original Big Hair is much better for achieving this look.

3.0 out of 5 stars Just broken down, 6 April 2014
Bought on 28 March 2013 . Just over a year . Used about 2 times a week . Medium hair . Shoulder length . Great whilst work . Expected it to work for more than a year . Used it about 100 times only

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant - Wouldn't be without it!!, 1 April 2014
Makes medium length hair very voluminous and styles without damaging. I use this every day and it only takes 5 minutes to give me sleek, syled hair.

5.0 out of 5 stars Babyliss 2777u 42mm rotating styler, 16 Mar 2014
Fantastic wish I bought one years ago. From purchase people have remarked on my hair. Looks as if I have had my hair professionally styled.