Format: MP3 Download|Change
Price:£9.99

TOP 50 REVIEWERVINE VOICEon 10 September 2012
'The Ringmaster General' is a wholly apt title for Dave Stewart's new
album. Ever the master organiser, this collection of eleven new numbers
finds him stage-centre whipping up a delicious mix or rock, blues, R&B
and country. His collaborators serve him well. There is an easy grace
in Mr Stewart's melodies and arrangements which bare witness to his many
fruitful years in the business and an elegance, self-assurance and economy
of purpose which has no need or room for artifice or brash self-indulgence.

Whether in the rip-roaring soulful clatter of opening number 'I Got Love',
featuring a gutsy performance from Joss Stone (clearly enjoying every moment!);
'Drowning In The Blues', a gorgeously tender duet with Alison Kraus; the ribald
stomp and howl of 'Story Of Success' or the whirlwind of chords and licks and
fruity backing vocals of 'Girl In A Catsuit' (a real stormer!), he is never
less that totally in charge of his materials. A happy man and a consummate
craftsman.'You Took My Love', however, delivers the recording's finest moment.
It is a beautiful composition full of understated emotion and sporting a warmly
assured vocal turn and classy guitar solo to rank with the very best of his work.

'The Ringmaster General' is an unimpeachable career high if ever there was one.

Highly Recommended.
on 10 September 2012
I have never been a 'fan' of Dave Stewart as such, never really listening to his solo stuff but liking some Eurythmics songs, but I would not have bought their albums.
Discovered this on a music streaming service, and I have to say it is absolutely great album. One of those albums I immediately like on first listening, and only gets better from there.
I may have to listen to more of Dave's work.
This is thoroughly recommended.
on 23 February 2013
I first heard this album, and Blackbird diaries, on Sky Arts 1. ( in the making of these two albums. ) There are some great tracks here. With the opening track, with Joss Stone. I Got Love. Then there,s a bit of a belter Girl in a Catsuit . With Orianthi on Guitar ( what a guitarist !!!!! ). Then the track God only knows you now, such a beautiful ballard. superb vocals by Jessie Baylin.
on 25 February 2013
havent listened to much of him since he split with the Eurythmics many years ago....but what a catch-up. He can write play and sing in any genre and the Country/folk/rock of this album is just so good on the ear and so many star musicians and vocalists from that genre too...
on 22 December 2012
This and the Blackbird Diaries are the most exciting things I've heard all year! Dave has been plugging into the ether of muse and drinking deeply it seems! Glad he's sharing it with us all.
on 3 December 2012
This was the second Dave Stewart CD that I ordered for my husband. My husband prefers his CD Blackbird, but this is growing on him !
on 17 January 2013
The cd arrived promptly, music excellent! I have just ordered the Blackbird diaries and am looking forward to a laid back evening.
on 19 February 2013
This is the companion album which was featured on a Sky Arts programme. I so enjoyed the programme that I had to buy the albums.
on 23 April 2013
Another great album from a prolific writer and producer of great material. this is another album to be recommended to anyone
on 7 March 2013
Very similar to his last a bit dissapointing if i was honest but do like Dave Stewart`s voice, look forward to his next one.