5.0 out of 5 stars CHRISTMAS LOL I READ IN APRIL !!!!
This is the first book I have read by Ginny Baird... it had everything I want in a sweet romance book..the characters Christine a young widow with a son and hunky John Steadman a professor.. throw in the beautiful Vermont ..snow and Christmas into the melting pot and you have a wonderful setting for romance or do you !!.. Christinr and John become friends... is that how...
Published 12 months ago by Cookie's Princess

3.0 out of 5 stars a beach read
A sweet holiday read good for the beach.

The novella does not take long to read and at the end feels a little unbelievable, and almost a bit rushed.

On the whole a feel good book.
Published 20 months ago by Mrs B's Books

5.0 out of 5 stars Lovely, 9 Jan. 2013
This review is from: The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides Series Book 1) (Kindle Edition)
A well written love story, enjoyed it from start to finish. Not as Mills and Boonish as I had feared.

4.0 out of 5 stars sweet and heart-warming quick read, 5 Jan. 2013
I wish I had managed to read this sooner, such a nice heart-warming story. Only 100 pages long but very well written. I particularly enjoyed the interaction between characters, favourites being Carlos and Ellen :) Also thought Mason the dog was a very cute addition to the story. I think the only thing missing was a bit more description about Christine's deceased husband, as I feel there could have been a stronger bond portrayed in the writing than there actually was, but overall, a brilliant read! Very sweet! Has left me eager to read more of Ginny Bairds writing! :)

(won book in a Goodreads 'first reads giveaway')

3.0 out of 5 stars Easy Quick read, 1 Jan. 2013
Not my usual thing, but as it was a short story i thought i'd give it a go, it was readable, and i guess if you like the romantic books - then its good, i did enjoy it.......but i'm so used to reading crime fiction.. but a nice start to 2013

2.0 out of 5 stars yawn., 21 Nov. 2012
it was an easy to read but can;'t say that it was gripping. I ended up finding her quite annoying!

4.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like, 10 Sept. 2012
J. Birkett - See all my reviews
I got through this in a very short time so if you are looking for a quick and easy read you can't go far wrong. It was free so I thought I would try this author. As it is only 102 pages there wasn't much to develop as a big story but nonetheless what there was painted a good picture and got the job done. A little romance and a happy ending. Something to cosy up with on a cold winter's afternoon when you have nothing else to do. I enjoyed it and it really didn't challenge anything more than my feelgood factor buttons. I will add this author to my list to look at other books by her. I would be interested to see if she has done anything with a bigger story line and more pages.

4.0 out of 5 stars The Christmas Catch (Holiday Brides Series), 29 Dec. 2012
I never give revews about books as everyone has a different taste and these have all been bought so that I can read them to someone who cannot hold a book herself..