5.0 out of 5 stars Witch Born
The Dark Witch has been defeated and Senna is engaged to the man she loves, everything should be perfect, but it is not. Haven is not the paradise she thought it would be, Tarten is still suffering from the witches curse and there is a new threat that could destroy everything Senna holds dear.

Witch Born is a brilliant sequel which has lots of twists and turns...
Published on 23 Oct. 2012 by Amethyst Bookwyrm

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining fantasy sequel
*I received a free copy of this book from the author in exchange for an honest review*

Published 14 months ago by Bigfoot

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Witch Born, 23 Oct. 2012
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

Witch Born is a brilliant sequel which has lots of twists and turns and is much more unpredictable than Witch Song. Also this book is more action-packed and involves additional characters than the first book.

Senna has really grown up since the Witch Song but she is still finding out who she wants to be in life, which causes tension between her and those who care about her. I really like Joshen in this book as he is everything a love interest in a light YA fantasy and while they may be away from each other more in this book you can still tell they love each other very much.

I really enjoyed this book and I cannot wait to see what else Amber Argyle is going to write. I would recommend this series to people who like Shannon Hale and Gail Carson Levine.

3.0 out of 5 stars Entertaining fantasy sequel, 11 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)

The Witches of Haven have a crisis. Strangers are invading the island to kidnap Senna, there is a traitor amongst them and their enemies are gathering. Senna wants to remove the curse which is crippling Tarten which brings her into dispute with the Heads, who know her destiny and refuse to give her the information she needs.

We rejoin the story with the witches all safely on Haven, planning their next move. Senna is beginning her training which she is finding tough, especially with a forced separation from Joshen. Balancing her love for him with her duty is proving to be tougher than she expected. Her disputes with the Heads include their decision to keep the curse, keep her away from Joshen, keeping her in the dark about her future and not keeping her safe from the traitor and those trying to kidnap her. Senna feels isolated and alone, and is considering going against the Heads to do what she feels is right, knowing that this might cause them to disown her.

Our favourite characters from book one are all there again as well as a few new and interesting additions. The same amount of action and adventure is there though Senna's growing powers add more to the plot. There is still plenty to enjoy in this emerging series. In this book, a bit of the witch history was brought into the book, mixing nicely with the present day paranormal story of Senna. It was nice that the information is given to the reader gradually instead of in one big info dump which is a plot device that I find frustrating. So well done to the author for avoiding that temptation. I would have liked more Pogg though as I love that guy.

I did feel it was obvious who the traitor on the island was and who the traitors allies were. It didn't spoil the story though. Joshen's stupidity and refusal to do what Senna asked of him(please stay away from my witchy enemy Joshen!) did get on my nerves a bit in this book but it was just a minor niggle. I would not have been so quick to forgive the betrayals like Senna did but hey, I'm just that unforgiving kind of person!

The big niggle for me though is that the second half of the book felt a bit rushed. From Caldash to the witch war, it seemed that the author just wanted to get the book finished quickly and move on to something else. I wanted to see more of the actual war which was over way too quick. The aftermath of the war was not dealt with in a satisfying way for me either. We jump from the war to the resolution of Senna and Joshen's story, leaving out what I really wanted to see. I wanted to see the merging of the two witch clans! WE spent so long waiting for the war and what was going to happen that it was a dissappointment to have it over so quickly. I figure that maybe that is being saved for the next book so we'll wait and see what happens there.

Niggles aside I did still enjoy the book and will look at what is coming next.

I rate this book 3 out of 5 on my star rating which is different to this site.

1-didn't like
2-ok
3-like
4-really liked
5-loved

5.0 out of 5 stars Hooked, 7 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
after reading the first book l thought there could be no improvement possible...this second one is a seamless extension of brilliance. I'm on to the next one straight away, and have already got the one after that. highly recommend.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great read, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
This is the first time I have read this author, I thought the book was really good, so good as soon as I had finished it I ordered the next one. I will read more from this author.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 13 July 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Became totally addicted to this series

4.0 out of 5 stars Another good ebook, 5 May 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I definitely like the way that Amber writes her novels it is good to find a book you really enjoy and this is definitely one of those.

4.0 out of 5 stars Witch Born, 31 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
Loved this book though I thought it started a little slower than witch song (the first in the series) although every thing was relevant come the end of the book. So far this series been brilliant and refreshingly different to read comes recommended to all.

5.0 out of 5 stars great read, 29 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
These had me gripped to know what was to come. Couldn't put them down. Enjoyed every word.sad there isn't another to follow so I could immerse myself in the story.

5.0 out of 5 stars Enjoyable, 13 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed reading the first two books I hope all the other books are just as good, I would recommend these books to anyone

5.0 out of 5 stars great book, 20 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2) (Kindle Edition)
good book well written could not put it down whenever i picked it up.auther is very good will be trying some of her other titles

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

Witch Born (Witch Song Book 2)