Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:£3.06

on 23 August 2012
With great expectations I bought, the day it was released, the last book of the Spirit Trilogy by Andrew Harding. After the happy ending in Force, when everything seemed to go back to normal, I was wondering what could possibly happen now to this wonderful family of vampires (never thought I would say that sentence, ever!).

To be honest, the cover for Parity scared me a little bit, as it is darker and depicts suffering and great loss. I can say that, indeed, that makes sense for this book, but it felt to me like this cover was not a good choice after two blue covers that had a more "spiritual", transcendent look, and it made me fear for what could happen to the family, so I was afraid that the book's ending would not be what I expected. But let's us talk about the book itself, as this is what really matters here, and you'll see I had nothing to worry about.

"Parity" is divided into two books. It builds slowly with a closure in Book 1, adding some shocking events that keep you on your toes for book 2, in which you will be greatly surprised by a great plot twist and a new, although temporary, first person narrator, that has a surprisingly fun view of the world.

The chapters with the new narrator are fantastic, because this person's view of the world is quite novel and fun, making you grin at their every witty remark and thoughts. As usual, it is impossible not to feel emotionally involved with characters and scenarios so greatly depicted, with such a life-like family, and not only in these different chapters, but in the whole book and even in the whole trilogy.

As Andrew Harding points out in his synopsis for "Parity", this is certainly a shocking final book, in terms of revelations and plot twists. And it all makes sense and fits perfectly in the narrative, which has been built since "Spirit" was written. As expected, you'll find that the family cannot live in peace yet because the battle against evil is not over, and the enemy is as unpredictable and devilish as they are funny for their flaws and human traits, getting involved in many hilarious and unexpected situations in their battle to destroy the family.

By the end of this book, once again, evil has been vanquished, and they can resume their "normal" lives...However, a sadness filled me when reaching the end of this book, as I felt like I was abandoning a family I actually knew, fictional people I really cared about.

The ending was, without spoiling anything, exactly what I expected and even a bit more, and I only felt the lack of a proper ending paragraph, you know, something to sum up everything they had been through and their happiness and expectations for the days to come.

Here I end my review, hoping that perhaps someday we'll see Leah, Danny, Michael, Emily and the rest of the family together again, in adventures as exciting and entertaining as the ones wonderfully weaved by Andrew Harding in the amazing Spirit Trilogy.
on 4 September 2012
I loved the final in this trilogy. There are so many twists and turns that shocked me but made me keep reading! I love the changes in the family! Making it bigger and better all the time! The writer has out done himself with this final book and I'm sad to see the end of this trilogy. He created just an amazing tale of such an amazing family. So caring and giving all the time! The end of the book had me completely gripped and so many emotions come to light when reading this ending and I couldn't believe some of the events that occured, but at the same time it made me love the book and the family even more. I think if there were more people in the world like this family, then it would be such amazing place to live. I hope you choose to write more about this family Andrew and keep the family alive and living :)
on 12 November 2012
Parity is the 3rd book in the Trilogy of a family of vampires that are more compassionate than your average humans and if you don't like them and identify with the characters by now then you have not paid attention. The book is full of new conflicts, tragedies and solutions and the very end brings conclusions alas also a certain finality which is felt as disappointment for the reader. The saga is over...
on 7 February 2013
This book is so Riviting! Thrilling! & Compelling! It is about Vampires who have a funeral home business and live among the humans. There is allot of romance among the humans and the Vampires. This book has an awesome ending and if you like Vampire books do yourself a favor and get the entire 3 book series, you will be happy you did!
on 24 April 2014
Another fantastic set of books really enjoyed them fantastic story with a twist to a gripping ending well worth a read