5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product (When You Figure Out How To Set It Up)
I got this free-standing punch bag for my birthday in order to help me get fit. The product is, in my opinion, fantastic The only downside that I have with this is that it doesn't come with any instructions on how to assemble.

Published 20 months ago by shane kilcline

When it arrived, the base was filthy. I attempted to fill it with water, only to find that it was leaking all over my living room. Manage to drag it outside. The supplier sent a new base which seems OK. I have to wonder whether these have been stored in a skip with builder's rubble.

OK, so I've used this, and this is what I think...

The rubber post...
Published 9 months ago by Angry Dog

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic Product (When You Figure Out How To Set It Up), 6 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Authentic RDX Freestanding 5.6 FT Punch Bag Boxing Gloves,MMA Pad Slam Man Stand (Misc.)

My unit came in two boxes, the first box contained the base with the the 'body spring' (not sure if that's what it is called, but it's the bit that attaches the main punch-bag to the base and when you hit the punch-bag this bit is flexible and allows movement). The second box contained the main punch-bag and boxing gloves.

OK, the following is a few hints and tips that will hopefully save you a few hours of your time. The first thing I had to do was unbolt the 'body-spring' from the base. The main punch-bag then slots into the 'body-spring' via the groves (it only goes one-way so you can't get this wrong).Ensure that the main punch-bag is pushed into the 'body-spring' securely (this is the bit that will need to flex when you hit it and you don't want it to come out).

The next part is filling the base with either water or sand (I decided on sand). On the base there are three what looks like bolts sticking out. The top comes off of these bolts and this is how the water or sand is put in to weight the base down (advisable if you intend to get physical with the punch-bag).

If using sand to weight the base down I would recommend the type that is used for block paving (I tried builders sand and sand that goes into a kids sand pit and after 4 hours I gave up because the sand is not fine enough and it takes forever to get into the base).

The block paving sand I used is about £4.50 a bag (Wicks) but three bags of this (one for each compartment of the base) and a funnel and I was done in half an hour. For me the three bags was enough but if you are a big hitter or using for mixed martial arts then maybe you will need more to stop movement, but for me three was enough.

Once the base is full it's just a matter of bolting the main punch-bag (now slotted into the body-spring) onto the base,, after that away you go. So to some up, a great product only let down by the fact that there needs to be some instructions. Hope this helps..

5.0 out of 5 stars Rdx freestanding punchbag, 28 Feb. 2013
The delivery was really quick, it only took about three day. I have been training various martial arts for over 15 years and have a very powerful kick and was concerned that this product would not last however I have owned it for about two months now and it's absolutely solid!!!! I love it and it's a great training aid for beginners though to advanced. Also one of the previous reviews said they did not get there gloves but I did and they are quite decent quality

2.0 out of 5 stars Major design failings & poor attention to detail let this down, 23 Sept. 2014

OK, so I've used this, and this is what I think...

The rubber post is attached to the base by a number of bolts. Immediately on use, I could see that the stresses were causing the rubber to tear. Has no one subjected this to user testing?

I put some oversized washers on the bolt heads and that seems to have cured the problem. However, I've found if I kick this thing hard (presumably it was designed for this?), I can easily kick it out of its stand and send the body hurtling across the room.

This product is described as...

"Skin is constructed of high-strength Maya Hide Leather
Inner cavity is filled with high-density urethane foam"

To be honest, at the price, I never expected it to be real leather. I was right, the skin is just PVC. Not too worried about this, but I'm not impressed with the attempt at deception. The body also seems to be very light in comparison to other freestanding punch bags, and I question the interpretation of "high density". I suspect that what's inside is just a hollow plastic box. Sounds hollow as there are some screws or something which rattle around inside when it moves. Because it is so light, it moves very fast compared with others, and again to be fair, I do not necessarily see this as a bad thing.

My other main criticism of this is the lack of padding, especially on the side of the head. It's like a breeze block, and without heavy duty gloves, you could do a lot of damage to yourself with a strong hook. Again, it seems that no one has thought how this will be used and tested it.

The included gloves were a nice touch. They are OK, but don't provide sufficient protection for hook punches against the head. (I ordered some 16oz gloves -- RDX gloves are better that their freestanding punchman.)

This is such as shame, because with some design changes and thicker, heavier padding, this could be a really good product even it cost more. This is the second "cheap" free-standing box man I've bought and regreted. I plan to use it for a while, and eventually spend money on a Century BOB -- heard a lot of good things about it. I can only say that the cheaper alternatives that I've tested just weren't worth it.

5.0 out of 5 stars RDX FREE STANDING PUNCH BAG, 3 Oct. 2012
once ordered from amazon came in three days express delivery , very pleased with this product , sturdy , strong & very well made ,excellent product for the price . Just started kickboxing but my son is advanced and loves it to improve his training . The only thing dont think you get the gloves because you dont .other than that just what we were looking for .

5.0 out of 5 stars great product, 15 Sept. 2013
this product is great it came in just 2 days of ordering and can withstand a lot of power and is a great side my only bad point is that when i ordered it it did not come with any instructions but was mostly clear I definitely recommend this great product!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4.0 out of 5 stars Solid punch bag, 30 Sept. 2013
Very good punch bag ,very solid .
Cardboard packaging was very damaged on delivery but product ok when opened.
Had to put bigger washers on bolts (where top part meets base ,some bolts where pulling through rubber when under stress)
Otherwise very good.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Product !!!, 13 Jan. 2014
Product is very good, easy to use and assemble. The packaging was very bad and the parcel was open when arrived. Overall good product :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent quality, 2 Oct. 2013
The quality of this product is excellent. I have been using it for quite a while now and almost everyday, I can honestly say that it can take a really hard beating from all angles. Leather used was of high quality, the neck base that holds and connect the actual punch bag and base is a heavy duty thick rubber, of which, I think is very clever as it don't bend but is flexible and neutralises the actual impact to keep the base firm on the ground. Of course the base will move slightly depending on the surface that you put it onto. I have used water instead of sand as this is quicker to do and less messy. Water will leak a little bit if you fill it up to the brim. The only minor flaw was the 3 piece non-slip rubber under the base, this came off upon delivery and I had to buy an expensive glue to put it back. The free pair of gloves was a nice touch, but is not for me. It offers little protection of the hands and is better off for a kid or a lady. Over all, this product is very highly recommended and if I destroy mine, I shall buy another one.

3.0 out of 5 stars Quick delivery but came in terrible condition, luckily it was in one piece with slight damage to base, 11 Oct. 2013
The price was good and the delivery was fast but the overall condition in which the parcel was received was awful.

The base looked like someone had been kicking it around the warehouse with slight damage. I am not very happy with that at all.

The main body of the product was fine but I had to make sure everything was okay before signing for my parcel.

If you spend good money on something you expect it to come in better shape. I have noticed other people are having the same problem. Sort it out!!

5.0 out of 5 stars packaging on delivery was very battered and smelly but product itself was fine. The gloves are ok for light training but ..., 17 Sept. 2014
I wanted something fairly portable for home training - nowhere to hang standard punch bag. Use it in the garage or carry it out to the garden. As with other reviews, packaging on delivery was very battered and smelly but product itself was fine. The gloves are ok for light training but a bit small for my hands - suit teen hands best. Bag takes a good hit with just enough flex. Construction is quite firm so if using for kickboxing you may need foot protectors - I gave it a good roundhouse kick - only once without foot pads! I have yet to fill the base so it moves around in use but expect it would be solid with water or sand filling.