5.0 out of 5 stars Music Reawakened
Published 20 months ago by Boleyn

3.0 out of 5 stars Excellent value
A little folksy for me at times, so I'm not sure about every song. However there is a lot on the album to like and for only 4 that makes this a great choice to add variety to my music collection.
Published 17 months ago by flash

5.0 out of 5 stars Music Reawakened, 29 Dec 2012
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
The Lumineers present something that, for me, has not been done before. I hadn't even heard of folk rock before, and to be honest I'm not that into folk music or country music. I happened to hear Ho Hey a while ago and feel deeply, insanely in love with it. Not only did I replay it constantly, I had it on loud speaker and sent links to everyone I knew. I don't ever do that with music.

This album is unusual in the sense that it doesn't just repeat the same songs of theme over and over like you hear in most 'modern' day albums. Each song, for me, has a simple meaning. All music, again for me, has to have a meaning and a good beat. This can be hard to find. For example, you can find music with a good beat but terrible lyrics, or vice versa. This album has lyrics that, though aren't complex to understand, have a beautiful meaning and a good beat to it, one that you put on when it's raining or when you've had your first break up. Songs that make you just want to get up and clap along.

Best Songs on the album (in my opinion):

1) Ho Hey
2) Submarine
3) Flowers in Her Hair
4) Stubborn Love

These songs are my favourite and are worth buying alone if you do not want the entire album. I personally would just buy the whole thing though.

Overall, I have found it impossible NOT to fall in love with The Lumineers - their lyrics, their passion, the beats and of course the music itself. Buying this will put a good spin on your whole day. And maybe bust your speakers with how loud you're going to play it. Also, don't hurt your foot stomping to Ho Hey like Jeremiah did!

5.0 out of 5 stars put simply it's very very good, 17 Oct 2012
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
Been playing this on a loop since i got it. many a toe tapper on the album and the others are just brilliant. If you like stuff like Bob Dylan, Neil young, Johnny Cash or even munford & sons then this is well worth a listen. I'm not one for leaving reviews or much of a writer but no comments ? come on this band WILL be huge !

a wee update :)

I had the privileged of seeing this band live In Glasgow last week. I'm no spring chicken and I've seen some of the greats perform live but i can say with hand on heart that that this was one of the most enjoyable gigs I've ever been to. It wasn't the wow factor of huge pyrotechnics or fancy light shows. Plain and simple it was the music, the crowd sand along with every tune, plenty of interaction between the band and the crowd just made it all the better.

Live sounds just as good as recorded, I'd encourage anyone to buy this CD you'll like it just that little bit more every time you hear it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Worth a listen, 1 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Lumineers (MP3 Download)
Beautiful album. I bought this based on only hearing one song "ho hey" and am so glad I did. If you like accoustic or folky style music then you will love this album. A good one to relax to

4.0 out of 5 stars LIKED IT, 6 Mar 2013
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
Really lovely to relax to and also play when driving.Many of my friends enjoyed it to.and said they would purchase it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good folk rock album!, 18 Oct 2013
ReviewBlog51 (England) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
The Lumineers' self entitled debut is excellent, and most of the songs instantly become addictive. Some are bright and charming, whereas others are haunting and mournful, the balance is even.

The hit single 'Ho Hey' is definitely a highlight, but there isn't a track on here that I'd skip past, in fact, I prefer to listen to it in it's entirety anyway. This quirky record is perfect for the Summer, and very easy to sing along to. If you enjoy Mumford and Sons or just good folk music - you should buy this album.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great album, 29 Dec 2012
G. J. Dawkins (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lumineers (MP3 Download)
Great mix of songs, has me tapping along for hours. I would highly recommend to anybody interested in great music

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent, 25 Jan 2013
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
I love Mumford and Sons and had read this band were similar. Yes, up to a point. It's a good album but more of a 'grower' in my opinion whereas it was instant with Mumford and Sons.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Album, 1 Jan 2014
M. Dowden (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 50 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
With the current revival of Folk music, going back to the roots if you like, The Lumineers offer something a bit special. They don't go out of their way to make things complicated, sticking to simple sounds and lyrics, giving them a timeless appeal. Having different interests in other music as well does mean that they offer something that isn't all the same.

A great band to see performing, their studio album such as here is great to listen to, giving a strong Folk Rock sound that is well worth listening to. I forget which one of the founding members said that 'If you can play an instrument, then you can play a Lumineers' song.' It is this kind of philosophy that make albums such as this so popular, giving us something that we can enjoy listening to, singing along to, and even playing along with, as well as tap our toes to.

5.0 out of 5 stars What's not to like?, 30 Nov 2013
Bookie (UK) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)
This review is from: The Lumineers (MP3 Download)
From the catchy TV ad music Ho Hey, through Stubborn Love, Flowers in her Hair and the rest this album is upbeat, bouncy and heartwarming. Simple, acoustic foot tapping sound with some interesting vocals and I've played it over and over again. Saw their itunes gig at the Roundhouse and it's easy to visualise much of their set listening to this. Quietly understated, I hope they continue to do well.

4.0 out of 5 stars A nice mix of tunes and styles, 28 Aug 2013
K. Ashton - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Lumineers (Audio CD)
A varied mix of songs which reflect the talent and difference of The Lumineers as against other bands. The album takes a bit of listening to, in order to fully appreciate the tunes and the quality of lyrics. Pop it in the car and listen to it several times and soon you'll be fully involved with it.

The Lumineers