5.0 out of 5 stars Ibanez UEW20SME Concert Ukulele, 22 Dec 2013
This review is from: Ibanez UEW20SME Concert Ukulele Spalted Maple with Pick-Up Head and Gig Bag (Electronics)
This concert size ukulele looks and sounds great and I don't think the description given for it does it justice.
I did read on a previous review that the buyer could not get the ukulele to work with an amp. I had this problem at first until I realised that when you plug in an amp cable to the uke it switches on the built in tuner which in turn cuts out the amp. Switching off the tuner solves the problem but a little warning would have been useful!

I have given this instrument 5 stars based on the sound, looks and build of the instrument itself. The supplied case is flimsy and I will probably invest in a more padded one for better protection. Also the package arrived packed in just an outer flimsy cardboard box which offered no protection at all considering the cost - I think I was lucky it arrived in one piece.

Packaging and travel case aside, the ukulele has a lovely tone and smooth action and is a joy to play - a very nice instrument indeed.

5.0 out of 5 stars brilliant buy, 25 July 2014
Simply awesome. Needed no setting up at all. Admittedly took a couple of weeks for the tuning to settle but find me a uke that doesn't. Looks great, sounds sweet, built in tuner a real asset, packaged and delivered with no issues at all. Highly recommend this one.

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful, 14 July 2013
Great instrument. Sweet tone. Light action.
Awesome looking and feel. For the price is the best electric ukulele money can by.
Downside: batteries go out faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars The instrument is brilliant and has a beautiful tone and a good volume ..., 22 Sep 2014
The instrument is brilliant and has a beautiful tone and a good volume even when not plugged in!! The built in tuner is crazy helpful!!! When mine arrived the zip on the carry case was broken which was annoying but I wouldn't keep such a gorgeous instrument in such a flimsy gig bag anyway!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Ibanez ukulele, 27 May 2014
This is my first ukulele after playing the guitar for sometime I saw pictures and reviews of the Ibanez on line and took a gamble. Luckley it paid off as I have been very pleased with it.Its made in china (no surprise) there are a couple of minor flaws in the gloss lacquer and the fret edges are a little rough, but overall the finish and quality of the build are very good.It has great sustain and the tuning holds well (after about a week).The onboard tuner(that only works when the ukulele is plugged into an amp)works well as does the basic pre amp.I bought a strap button which I fixed to the neck (a strap will attach to the amp lead connection point on the body) this allowed me to use a planet waves ukulele strap which I find much easier to play when standing up.The ukulele is very pretty; I bought a stand and it sits in my living room something my wife has resisted with my other guitars.Give this ukulele a go I don't think you will be disappointed.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, 26 July 2014
This a is a lovely instrument to play and looks superb.