4.0 out of 5 stars Great for Linux
Truth be told, running Windows on my Mac doesn't interest me that much. I spend a fair amount of time testing Linux distributions and have been using Parallels and Virtualbox for this until now.

VMWare Fusion 5 comes with both a DVD and a USB-based installer. As the DVD drive is starting to disappear from Mac hardware, this was a nice touch (if a little...
Published on 25 Nov. 2012 by G. Lewis

3.0 out of 5 stars Effective for some non-Mac devices
I wanted to try Fusion 5 to get my now-relatively-old Samsung NV3 camera to speak to my Mac. I've been downloading the images from the camera to my work PC and then manually transferring them via USB to my home iMac. After a bit of faffing and not a little guesswork, I installed Fusion to attempt to run their bespoke Windows software through the Mac. Hey presto it...
Published on 17 Dec. 2012 by M. C. Cresswell

4.0 out of 5 stars Seems a very good product - need to use it now!, 29 Sept. 2013
P. A. Sabel (UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Having purchased a MAC I have found that I still have many programs on my old PC that I would still like to use. I looked for a program that would enable me to load my old PC programs after some extensive research I found Fusion 5. I have started to use it, but have a long way to go before I can fully transfer my old programs to the MAC. Initial attempts to transfer the programs have been very positive, the program seems easy to use and is looking good so far!

4.0 out of 5 stars A 'Grey' upgrade, 26 Sept. 2012
My comments:

Good.

Comes with both CD and USB versions.
Upgrading is relatively easy but the previous reviewer is correct - the manual only tells half the story!
My previous virtual Win 7 loaded straight away with no issues.

Neutral

Cannot see any improvements over Version 4. So, I guess most of the tweaks are in the background or will come into effect with Win 8.

Negative

Why such a big box! What a waste.
Registration did not work.

Summary

It's a upgrade that does not have a 'wow' factor and at £34 it is not really worthy of an upgrade unless you must have the latest version.

PS: I am using it with OSX Mountain Lion.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works very well, 17 Aug. 2013
Gordon Kerr (Chalford England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Used it mainly for work where my company uses software that won't work on the Mac and they only provide me with a 13" laptop.
Couple of down things that prevent the fifth star. Unless you shut Fusion down it grabs the SuperDrive so nothing else can use it. Also when suspended the date and time stop and you have to reset them every time.
Other than that an excellent product at a very good price

4.0 out of 5 stars Good software for Windows server testing, 18 Sept. 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I use parallels for normal Windows work but for MS server testing, etc I prefer VMware. It just works a bit better on the isolation from and network tweaking via scripting is a bit easier.
Good software and no complaints about it so far. It comes with USB key with the install, key is 4GB key which I recycled. Good stuff.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Macbook Air, 21 May 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
This works so well on the Macbook Air (1.8 GHz i7 processor) - switching between Windows and OS X is very quick. Gave 2GB of RAM to each system. Tried the same on my Mac (which is more powerful) and it slows my mac down seriously. Not sure if this is just me or down to the the SSD used by the Macbook Air.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great software!, 1 Sept. 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Surprised at how easy t was to install and so far, I have tried a lot of Windows software on my MAC effortlessly. All work great! Only one reservation about the wireless printer I am using - have to restart to print when switching between MAC and Windows applications.

5.0 out of 5 stars All good, 4 Nov. 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Have been a user of VMware Fusion since V1. Finally decided it was time for an upgrade! Selected Version 5 instead of the latest version because I am still on Snow Leopard. All ok without any problems and now still have Windows XP running on my Mac.

5.0 out of 5 stars I will never buy a Windows PC again!, 5 April 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Great software. Migrating a PC of any decent size over the network can take a verry long time. Best to use the VMware Converter (free) and then import the Virtual Machine. Tip, always turn off any anti-virus software before converting.

5.0 out of 5 stars Absolutely love this!!, 12 Mar. 2013
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
I bought this so that I can continue to use my apple and have the benefit of using window based applications and I am extremely happy with my choice, so I don't have to waste money on purchasing a Windows based PC.

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says with zero issues and great performance, 3 Jun. 2013
Jonathan Payne (Atherton, CA United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) (CD-ROM)
Having struggled with parallels for years I am quite thrilled with this product. Not expensive and super useful. I installed Windows 8 on my Mac OS X Mountain Lion. It's super fast, the Windows UI is very fluid.

VMware Fusion 5 (Mac)
VMware Fusion 5 (Mac) by VMware (Mac OS X)
Out of stock