Shop now Shop now Shop Black Friday Deals Week in Fashion Cloud Drive Photos Shop now Learn More Shop now Shop now DIYED Shop now Shop Fire Shop Kindle Paperwhite Listen in Prime Shop now Shop now

If you have more than 3 PCs in your household, this is the most cost-effective version of KIS on a per-machine analysis. For 2 or 3 PCs, there is a 3-user version which is otherwise identical but provides slightly poorer value per PC.

There are a number of small changes in the package; nothing dramatic or drastic and is unlikely that you will ever see other than small changes from one year's edition to the next. It is much faster to install than ever before and there is a small change to the on-screen gadget - that is just about all there is to see until you start to use it in earnest. A new addition, Safe Money, adds a secure browser with Kasperky's own virtual keyboard that provides a safe means to access a bank account and should be enabled if you want that facility, and appears only after a reboot. You will not be asked to input the license data until after the reboot. Once fully installed, I would suggest that you update its definition and database files.

Although Kaspersky's anti-virus engine (a version of which is used in all of its products) is not known as one excessively prone to either false negatives or positives, it will sometimes do so. In some instances, KIS 12 could report an item as infected some way today, refer it to base for further and more extensive testing, and then declare it safe again in a couple of days. For the user who may have quarantined that file, it can then be restored in the full knowledge that there will not be a recurrence. I cannot yet say that the new version will never do that, but Kaspersky claim to have significantly beefed up the engine to reduce the number of false reports. That has to be a real and beneficial improvement.

The new features should add to the user experience. As one of the best and most universally trusted products of its type, and it has been for many years, any small improvements are to be welcomed.

I did find one issue and that is one I cannot currently explain with total certainty. In the past and with prior versions, any unused licensed time remaining on an existing product can be transferred to a new one simply upon its installation, regardless of the version for which that license was issued (within the same product line only). Once that existing license expires, you can then add the license supplied with the product and thus gain full advantage from whatever improvements that version provides provides. However, on this occasion, and with almost the entire license period of KIS 2012 remaining in place (admittedly with a previously unused stockpiled 2009 license), KIS 2013 would not accept that license and insisted on a fresh one. This may be a change of policy by Kaspersky but they have been rather lenient in the past and may now wish to tighten up on such issues. I now believe that to be close to reality and that my license, although valid for 2012, was not acceptable to 2013 - 2012 licenses will be fine!
on 8 May 2013
I purchase this item every year. Has always been very reliable.
Good idea to do this product for 5 users.
on 15 November 2012
This product installed with no problems at all. The product updated and performed as expected. A full scan was performed on several PC's and the results gave the user confidence in the product. I would definately recommend this product.
on 21 October 2013
I've used Kaspersky for about seven or eight years now, updating to 2012 at the very end of last year. Sometimes my computers seem to be slowed down but I haven't a clue whether it's the Kaspersky or not but at least it keeps me out of trouble. During the last year it dealt with a couple of Trojans and some other malware.

I need seven machines protected and buying a couple of these boxes sets me back only £28 which I think is good value.

My only question is, now I'm updating to Windows 7 and Windows 8 on several machines, do I upgrade to versions 2013 pr even 2014? Any advice welcome!
on 30 March 2013
This offers great protection
It was extremely easy to instal
A simple to understand interface provides all the support one could wish for, at a sensible price
on 22 December 2012
I like the fact that it runs efficiently in the background and even full scans across large (1TB drives) do not take many hours unlike the macfee it replaced.
on 18 February 2013
Hi i have been using Kaspersky for years and never had any problems what so ever easy to install...reliable does exactly what is says on box...i use it on 5 different computers... i have tried others like AVG and Norton..had avg on note book had to uninstall it because it stopped windows update from working...and Norton was constantly flagging messages which was annoying, this just sits in your task bar quietly protecting your stuff...does not impact resources much at all, even when its updating itself... defiantly recommend it to anyone
on 4 July 2014
Kaspersky is good for me. I run it on 5-10 machines iduring a year, it rarely gives problems, & definitely picks up stuff the other guys miss (I discovered this when cleaning some machines up). I would say it's best to run MalwareBytes as well. Together, these two products give a high level of protection. If you run them both, and, don't use a "Admin" account to browse, you'll be in a good place for security. Be careful out there. Kaspersky makes most of the other "Security" products look pretty lame.
on 18 October 2014
Good all round security product at a great price for five licences. Keep an eye on the offer price though. As with all AV security products there is no free lunch, but I do feel it is a decent product and I have stuck with it for a number of years. I just keep downloading and installing the latest version. KIS 15 does have a problem with Google Drive that involves a manual temporary work around to get working. Kaspersky are only just acknowledging the problem at present.
on 20 November 2012
I bought this to update my 2012 version. I have never been disappointed with Kaspersky before and I wasn't this time.