5.0 out of 5 stars Best security suite I've used.
Kaspersky is one of the big boys in Internet Security (KIS 2013)

I've been using computers for 17 years. Kaspersky is probably the best security suite I've used; it has a clean and easy to use interface, hiding a powerful set of security tools. It is also one of the few that can work on both 32 bit and 64 bit systems.

As with other Internet Security...
Published on 9 Oct 2012 by R Davis

1.0 out of 5 stars Big problems installing
Firstly, I've ran Kaspersky 2012 Internet Security for near on 12 months without a blip. It installed without a hitch and has been unobtrusive throughout this time. The idea of updating to 2013 was a no-brainer and I fully expected the installation to go without a hitch.

Published on 2 Dec 2012 by C. Brown

5.0 out of 5 stars Best security suite I've used., 9 Oct 2012
This review is from: Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC) (CD-ROM)
Kaspersky is one of the big boys in Internet Security (KIS 2013)

As with other Internet Security suits it has Anti-Virus and anti-Malware, anti-phishing and a Spam filter. It also has an effective Malware Clean-up tool. Where it exceeds some others is that it also uses real-time cloud-based detection, Kaspersky Security Network (KSN) to increase your security as an additional layer to traditional signature based detection.

KSN means that any new threats are detected updated quicker, than traditional signature based detection.

While the first initial scan takes a bit longer than expected, subsequent following scans are much quicker.

System Requirements:

XP: 800 MHz Processor or higher. 512 MB available RAM

Vista: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)

Windows 7: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)

Microsoft Windows 8: 1 GHz Processor or higher. 1 GB available RAM (32 Bit) or 2 GB available RAM (64 Bit)

My security tips for the newbie.

1. Make sure your operating system has auto update turned on.
2. Make sure that before you surf the internet you have security software like Kaspersky internet security installed.
3. Scan your computer with your security suite before going online; use its full scan option.
4. Make a back-up of your system and files on a DVD, most operating systems offer this feature, if not Kaspersky Internet Security can create a rescue disk. I recommend doing both.
5. Once online and before surfing or checking email, update your operating system and security software.

You will now have taken all reasonable precautions and can use your computer with confidence.

5.0 out of 5 stars Protection at it's best, 26 Nov 2012
This is the 5th year I have protected my laptop with Kaspersky. Easy to install. Easy to use. Never a problem.
But --- Karpersky sent me an automatic renewal on expirey of my 2012 version which was more expensive than buying a 2013 version thro' Amazon.

5.0 out of 5 stars An improvement over KIS 2012, 28 Aug 2012
Andy_atGC (London UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
There are a number of small changes in the package; nothing dramatic or drastic and is unlikely that you will ever see other than small changes from one year's edition to the next. It is much faster to install than ever before and there is a small change to the on-screen gadget - that is just about all there is to see until you start to use it in earnest. A new addition, Safe Money, adds a secure browser with Kasperky's own virtual keyboard that provides a safe means to access a bank account and should be enabled if you want that facility, and appears only after a reboot. You will not be asked to input the license data until after the reboot. Once fully installed, I would suggest that you update its definition and database files.

Although Kaspersky's anti-virus engine (a version of which is used in all of its products) is not known as one excessively prone to either false negatives or positives, it will sometimes do so. In some instances, KIS 12 could report an item as infected some way today, refer it to base for further and more extensive testing, and then declare it safe again in a couple of days. For the user who may have quarantined that file, it can then be restored in the full knowledge that there will not be a recurrence. I cannot yet say that the new version will never do that, but Kaspersky claim to have significantly beefed up the engine to reduce the number of false reports. That has to be a real and beneficial improvement.

The new features should add to the user experience. As one of the best and most universally trusted products of its type, and it has been for many years, any small improvements are to be welcomed.

I did find one issue and that is one I cannot currently explain with total certainty. In the past and with prior versions, any unused licensed time remaining on an existing product can be transferred to a new one simply upon its installation, regardless of the version for which that license was issued (within the same product line only). Once that existing license expires, you can then add the license supplied with the product and thus gain full advantage from whatever improvements that version provides provides. However, on this occasion, and with almost the entire license period of KIS 2012 remaining in place (admittedly with a previously unused stockpiled 2009 license), KIS 2013 would not accept that license and insisted on a fresh one. This may be a change of policy by Kaspersky but they have been rather lenient in the past and may now wish to tighten up on such issues. I now believe that to be close to reality and that my license, although valid for 2012, was not acceptable to 2013 - 2012 licenses will be fine!

5.0 out of 5 stars Safest and Best!, 30 Jan 2013
Mr. Stephen Redman (York England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (REAL NAME)
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
Kaspersky continues to lead the pack in terms of its rapid boot time and limited effect on system resources. You certainly get the feeling that there is no protection running in the background - which is how protection should be.

The new 2013 version has a better looking interface - sharper and leaner.

Like Norton and MacAfee its 2 competitors, it offers top notch service for a competitive price.

Offering maximum security for banking transactions and a wide range of parental controls this internet security package dots all the i's and crosses all the t's.

Like MacAfee, Kaspersky now offers a comprehensive set of helpful and direct warnings over websites that it does not approve of.

Internet Security Suites are becoming like mobile phones - you can neglect to mention that you can talk on them - despite these excellent extras, Kaspersky is a straight forward protection suite that will kill every virus and block every hacker.

If you might need more than one copy, remember there are triple packs for a few pounds more.

For the stand alone user this must be this year's best value and I recommend it whole heartedly.

1.0 out of 5 stars Big problems installing, 2 Dec 2012
C. Brown (Brizol) - See all my reviews
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)

The initial phase on installing the software went smoothly, but it was only in the final stages did the software start throwing up errors. After a quick google, Error 1316 seems to be a rather common problem when installing, the main reason being that it conflicts with any other security software you may have already have. This shouldn't have been a problem as the 2012 version was removed before installing. Rather than giving me the option to try again it forced me into recovery mode which after a short while hung and then froze. A re-boot then offered me the chance to go into safe mode and back-up which was done, but then a further re-boot starting throwing up other anomalies such as broken web-pages.

After trying several more times (re-booting after each attempt)and trawling through the Kaspersky website for help I was ultimately forced into a full c/ wipe and re-start. Even this didn't fix the problem. After removing the free trial version of internet security provided on purchase, the installation failed and was forced again into recovery. A further re-boot allowed me to install the 2012 version without a problem.

Whilst I can recommend the 2012 version, the 2013 has caused my big problems and massive inconvenience, meaning I am unable to recommend a purchase.

4.0 out of 5 stars Product now works fine., 27 Dec 2012
I had Kaspersky 2012 which for some strange reason would not update its database, got stuck on 84% downloaded on numerous occasions, as Kaspersky 2013 was now available and well priced I decided to upgrade to the new release. Initially I installed it on to my computer first removing Kaspersky 2012. Result it brought my computer to a complete standstill, I lasted about 2 days where my my computer was extremely slow. As I use True Image I backed up my existing setup and re-installed Windows 7, the first action I took was to install Kaspersky 2013, result is it ran with out any problems. As this item had been reviewed in the computer press without showing any performance problems I did think it was something to do with my cluttered up computer. So now I will rate this software as ok but I accept it is a bit extreme in having to reload windows.

5.0 out of 5 stars Why I use Kaspersky, 2 Nov 2012
I have used Kaspersky software for four years now. Unlike other software I have used it has never let any malware onto my computer. There are some features that can be tricky to use,but I am gradually learning how it works.

4.0 out of 5 stars Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 1 user 1 year, 27 Nov 2012
Bought this to replace the 2012 edition - (much cheaper than renewing with Kaspersky). Liked the 2012 one so thought I would stick with them. Easy to install. I installed it before my expiry date and a message popped up saying it would transfer over on to the 2013 version on the expiry date - it did this seamlessly. Like the way it just works away in the background and have never had any security problems.

1.0 out of 5 stars Caused more harm than good!, 12 Oct 2012
I've been a loyal customer of Kaspersky for years now but this may change because of KIS 2013. After upgrading to the latest version and rebooting, my machine failed to start. Turns out the new software had caused part of my hard drive to become corrupted, which in turn caused the Blue Screen of Death. Windows was unable to restore the system automatically so I had to pay to send my laptop back to the manufacturer. Luckily they were able to sort it out and I have got my laptop back now, but there is no way I am installing KIS 2013 again.

5.0 out of 5 stars my Internet security recommendation to friends and family, 21 Feb 2013
Customer review from the Amazon Vine Programme (What's this?)
When friends or family ask me what anti virus software I recommend, I always tell them Kaspersky.

I was intrigued by this version of the Kaspersky software, and curious to find out what extras you get by paying for the Internet security version instead of getting the antivirus only version.

This wersion also incorporates a Firewall, and anti-spam.

Installation was quick with no problems. Very little impact on my computers performance as usual.

I let the system do a full scan and was pleased at how quick it was.

I am now in a dilemma. Do I recommend the Internet security version or just the anti-virus?

It seems like a small price to pay to protect a computer with a market leading piece of great software so I now say get this version.

Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC)
Kaspersky Internet Security 2013 (1 PC, 1 Year subcription) (PC) by Kaspersky Lab (Windows 7 / 8 / Vista / XP)
Out of stock