5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, must have book for FM fans
This brilliantly witty, well-written and in-depth analysis of the Champ Man / FM series is a joy to behold for any fans of the game. It takes us from the early dark days to the current day multi-million pound franchise.

Published 20 months ago by Mr. S. Millatt

3.0 out of 5 stars Made me want to get Football Manager fired up on my laptop straight away
Good insight into the game and the extremes that some people go to. Next time I get to a cup final I'm definitely going to get my suit on...
Published 15 months ago by C.Palmer

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, must have book for FM fans, 6 Nov 2012
Mr. S. Millatt "smillatt" (Port Stanley, Falkland Islands) - See all my reviews

Entertaining accounts and stories are provided by normal fans, scouts, software developers, celebrities and footballers alike. The numerous Tweets, anecdotes and real-life stories will keep you entertained for days (I couldn't put it down, and read it inside 2 days).

The book covers many fascinating chapters, including FM legends that never cut the mustard in real life (Tonton Zola Moukoko, Cherno Sama and the ilk) and other sections giving an in-depth analysis and user guide on training, tactics, scouting, contracts, youth policy, meeting the press, etc etc.

In summary, if you like the games, you'll love this book and a nostalgic warmth will fill warm your heart as you read each page.

4.0 out of 5 stars Super!, 5 Feb 2013
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life (Kindle Edition)
Great read, it's inspired me to 're-start my old FM game! Only downside...no chapter on Supat Rungratsamee! Great player, great game and great read!

5.0 out of 5 stars Football Manager Stole my life, 29 Jan 2013
Great read laughed so hard at the player interviews. Would highly recommend to any gamer that plays this game. Great Service product arrived quickly as well

5.0 out of 5 stars Brings back so many memories of staying up all night playing this!!!!, 26 July 2013
I recently purchased this book and to be honest I was pleasantly surprised. Back in the day (summer 2002) I first began playing this game and became hooked ever since, so it was a real treat when I finally got this book. Reading about players like Ryan Williams, Stefan Selakovic, etc reminded me exactly why this game is such a phenomenon.

A MUST READ FOR ANY FM/CM FAN OR FOOTBALL FAN IN GENERAL!!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Read in 2 days, 9 July 2013
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life (Kindle Edition)
As addictive as the game, a great book. Funny and nostalgic.
I finished it in two days. A great read.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant Book for anyone who enjoys Football Manager, 17 Jun 2013
My 14 year old son loves this book & keeps annoying me by reading me bits that he thinks I should know & by laughing out loud as he reads to himself!

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant, Simply Brilliant, 13 Aug 2012
Well i ordered the book as i love Football Manager. The book arrived this morning, and I'm Obsessed with it! I Havent put the book down since i got it, it tells you the ups and downs of experiences in the game and a lot of interviews with former legends of the FM Game. If anyone plays Football Manager, this is a MUST Buy. You'll love it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Iain Macintosh is a legend, 25 Jan 2014
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life (Kindle Edition)
The only thing that could've made this book better was Ibrahima Bakayoko sitting in the hole behind the front two, this boom reminded me of the agony and ecstasy of the days of my life that have gone into this game

4.0 out of 5 stars Good fun brought back memories, 13 Nov 2013
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life (Kindle Edition)
Good fun and some funny stories of people getting hooked on the game.
I particularly liked the section about why some future stars in the game didn't make it in real life

5.0 out of 5 stars I thought I was alone. We all did., 25 Sep 2013
This review is from: Football Manager Stole My Life (Kindle Edition)
The opening line of the Introduction sums it up perfectly.

Reading this book was a bit like therapy. I haven't actually played FM for a few years now but when I did, it was definitely an addiction. This was a nostalgic journey into the fantasy careers of footballing geniuses like Mark Kerr, Kennedy Bakircioglu and Cherno Samba. The best bit was finding out that my addiction was just a mild form of the problem. There were worse than me!

Great work and fantastic tribute to the greatest 'game' ever produced.

Football Manager Stole My Life