5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Watch
I could not pass-off this watch; great value for money looking smart on the wrist. A Seiko fan this watch design stands out from some of their more traditional designs.
Published 8 months ago by Steve K.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pity about the strap
The watch was delivered on time, but pictures don't tell the true story. The strap is more caramel than tan in colour. After a few weeks, I had to get it changed because I felt it made the watch look cheaper. Otherwise a great watch which can be worn for all occasions.
Published 10 months ago by Sir Mayo

5.0 out of 5 stars Seiko Solar Watch, 2 Dec 2013
This review is from: Seiko Men's Quartz Watch Solar SSC081P1 with Leather Strap (Watch)

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent Solar Powered Seiko, 26 Aug 2013
M. Rockport - See all my reviews
Bought this entirely because I just really liked the look of it. I'm also a fan of Seiko watches as I've owned a few and I've never had any issues with any of them.

Functions include:- time, seconds, date, chronograph minutes, seconds, a 12 hour alarm, a tachymeter bezel and a rotating compass bezel. It's water resistant to 10Bar and is solar powered. It's finished in a highly reflective chrome casing which complements the tan leather strap and has what looks like mineral glass (although don't quote me on that). The watch face characters and the hour and minute hands are all luminous. It's also quite light in weight but doesn't feel 'cheap'.

Downsides? it takes a little while to figure out how to set the alarm (the manual's not immediately clear) but makes sense once you figure it out. Also the crown that operates the compass bezel has no lock and is very easy to turn (in fact, your wrist movement can operate it) so as a function, it's not that useable.

Otherwise, this is one of my favourite watches to wear... and now really good value.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great price, super fast delivery and exactly as described., 3 Mar 2014
Great savings compared to all other suppliers on a Great looking watch. Over the moon with it. Looks as good as my Tag Link Series watch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Another great watch from Seiko, 21 Jan 2014
I was lucky enough to get this watch as a gift for X Mas and I can say it is superb. The instructions are easy to follow and setting it up for use couldn't be simpler. From setting the time to setting the alarm it is straight forward and only took me 5 minutes from opening to getting it on my wrist. A nice timepiece all round.

5.0 out of 5 stars I like it, 20 Nov 2013
Cristian Ion Iacob "ciba" (Helsinki) - See all my reviews
It works well; it looks exactly like you see it; I am not fond of the bracelet but that too I was aware of at the time I bought it.
Good price, 190 Eur, including delivery costs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Memories of a time past, 21 Jun 2013
Classic styled chromo, would't look out of place in the 1940's. Very attractive calfskin wristband and high shine case. Great contrast between the markings and face and of course in low light the luminous markings are excellent. The only drawback in the slightly unnecessary direction markings which are controlled by the crown on the top left which isn't capable of being locked down which had a tendency to be moved during normal use, not a big thing but a fault nonetheless. the solar power system also seems very reliable. Looks great from casual wear right up to formal.

3.0 out of 5 stars Pity about the strap, 6 Oct 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars check your local jewler, you could be in for a surpise., 19 July 2013
Shopping on the high street is often the best place to find a good deal, I bought exactly the same watch at my local jewler for 169... yes brand new of course, and the shopping experience was so much more gratifying, choosing between different models, trying them on.. having the band wrist adjusted to my wrist here and there, and, walking back home with my watch on my wrist..

5.0 out of 5 stars My first review, 16 Jun 2014
I am very happy with the service and the watch (though it is early days, just received it today). I will provide another review in a couple of months time.

3.0 out of 5 stars busy looking face - alarm almost inaudible, 25 Oct 2013
I bought this watch to replace a SEIKO chronograph with alarm which I have had for years when the alarm stopped working. I was told it would be cheaper to buy an new watch than have the alarm repaired. I immediately swapped the strap for a 20mm Black NATO strap which I think looks better.
The compass I have no use for and the fact that it is so free to rotate irritates me. All the compass direction notations make the edge of the face very busy looking. The alarm sound is very poor and hardly discernible compared to my previous watch alarm. This is the main shortcoming for me and I might as well use my old watch and use a separate alarm on my Iphone or something else as the Alarm does not wake me!