5.0 out of 5 stars Great
I bought this book as a birthday present for an elderly friend who has been a fan of Sir Tom`s all her life, she just loved it and reads a few pages every day, she has read it twice already,but still carries on reading all about her idol.
Published 20 months ago by Rosie Jones

3.0 out of 5 stars The Book from Nowhere
I was eager to read the biography as a PONTY GIRL who went to school with Mark and in my college years worked with Violet Trenchard
in the local restaurant in college holidays. I was working with Violet when the news broke about Tom's affair with Majorie Wallace. Aubrey
Published on 2 Jan. 2011 by Mrs. C. Swarfield

3.0 out of 5 stars The Book from Nowhere, 2 Jan. 2011
Mrs. C. Swarfield - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
Malones take on events is totally different to how l remember it as told to me by Violet. Far from fighting Tom's corner she was
outraged at the humiliation that her daughter Linda was being subjected to..She felt if he had to play away he should make sure that
it stayed out out the public eye.

But for all that it was a fair book in respect of the rags to ruins legend that is Tom Jones. I have always been a big fan and admire
his loyalty to his roots which the book acknowledges. It portrays Tom as the ICON he is but a flawed one who at the end of the day for
all his philandering admits he's behaved badly but still loves his wife more than anything in the world. Keep on rocking Tom..

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 2 Sept. 2013

1.0 out of 5 stars List of facts glued together with cliches, 1 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
Couldn't finish reading this book, which made me sad. I hate to criticise anyone's creative work, but I felt this was poorly-written with a flavour of compulsory "what I did on my holidays" essay about it. I picture the author with two sheets of A4; one headed "Facts About Tom Jones" and the other headed; "Tired expressions to avoid using at all costs". Unfortunately the corner of the second sheet had been torn off and the author thought they had to be worked into the narrative. Probably because of this, I could detect no "voice" of the author; no personal involvement or interest in the stories, each of which was very brief.

That said, perhaps if you're a real fan of Tom Jones, you may discover previously-unknown facts about his life and career and not be too infuriated by the lack of writing skill. I'm giving it a single star purely because it seems the writer has done his research - at least as far as I, being no Tom Jones scholar, could tell.

4.0 out of 5 stars Tom the voice, 14 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
great page turner,makes Tom seem likeable without sucking up his bum.especially liked the chapter about Tom and Elvis.emphasises his great voice,truly one of pops best ever live acts.

1.0 out of 5 stars Such a disappointment., 7 April 2015
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
I was hoping to learn more about Tom Jones life, and considering that he is in his seventies, theoretically there should be lots of amazing stories about Tom and his career.

The book focused on knickers, room keys and women all being thrown at him,which although is probably brought on by himself. I got completely fed up reading about his sexual exploits thinking that surely there is more to this man than this.

This book is poorly written, with the author's focus completely wrong and misguided.

4.0 out of 5 stars interesting read, 12 Mar. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
I enjoyed this book. It gave an interesting insight in to Tom's relationship with his wife and his attitude to his marriage.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect, 22 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
perfect to deal with very fast service many thanks will be back again and again will tell my mate the same thank you

2.0 out of 5 stars Very basic, 8 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
Good read but very basic with no more information than you felt you already knew bout Mr Tom Jones enjoyed it

5.0 out of 5 stars LOVED THE WAY IT WAS WRITTEN, 6 Feb. 2014
This review is from: Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography (Kindle Edition)
Well written and funny. Tom is a legend.

Not a very long book but starts from a brief history of childhood, where it appears he was born to sing and entertain. Who knows how many women he went through !!

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's Rock & Rock, 26 July 2013
I loved it! I thought is was a much better bio than Tom Jones "Just Help Yourself" and as always the shipping was to die for. Everything pkged so nicely, I have been very pleased with all that I have ordered. I still think it is odd sometimes how many of the same stories are in the different bio's but with totally different people or place. Sometimes I wonder if the authors read other bio's and then add their own twist. I hate that because then you wonder how true the book really is. I am reading another one right that I think might be the best yet. It is Tom Jones Life in Picture's. I will let you know. Nancy Beth

Still Rockin': Tom Jones, A Biography