5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!!
first class in every way. i would deal through this trader again

yum yum, now bring on the cakes

cheers :)
Published 23 months ago by bobcampbell

1.0 out of 5 stars With hindsight I would not buy this product
Published 13 months ago by jennysaxelby

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect!!, 11 Jan 2013
This review is from: VonShef White Ceramic Cake Stand and Glass Dome - 29cm Diameter (Kitchen & Home)
first class in every way. i would deal through this trader again

yum yum, now bring on the cakes

cheers :)

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic cake stand, 5 Mar 2013
Carol Noble "Bronte1" (Glasgow, Scotland) - See all my reviews
This looks great even when empty sitting in my kitchen.
I am really pleased with it. It's classic and well made.

5.0 out of 5 stars fantastic, 10 Feb 2013
just what i wanted, looks great on my kitchen side, big enough for a large gateau or triple layer cake.

1.0 out of 5 stars With hindsight I would not buy this product, 15 Nov 2013
I bought this on the internet because the photo appeared to show the dome sitting within a rim. The reality is that there is no rim and the whole item is VERY unsafe. The ceramic base is highly glazed and the dome slips easily. Also the base itself is unstable. Ironically there is a rim on the underside of the base, which is really frustrating. This is so annoying as the item is well made, but so poorly designed as to make it unsafe to use. A local cafe owner has since warned me not to buy it as her dome slid off and smashed to smithereens in the cafe. I'm now looking for a large plate to hold the dome. NOT what I'd intended.

If anyone has a practical way to stop the dome sliding off, I'd love to hear it.

P.S.

I solved the problem- I used 2 clear plastic 8mm Bumper Stops (from Wilko), cut in half and fixed to the base with the flat side inwards so that the dome sits within the 4 stops. It stops the dome from sliding about and they aren't that noticeable.

I still wouldn't recommend the product.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nearly perfect, 3 July 2013
I chose this cake stand for the pedestal stand and was happy that an alternative cake stand with glass dome but no stand was nearly 50% more expensive. So I felt I was having a bargain.

The delivery was amazingly quick, ordered 2pm and arrived at my workplace by lunch next day. Boxed within a box with plenty of styrofoam cushioning. However the pedestal was rolling loose inside and had snapped off during transit I assume. I didn't have to unravel the package as you could clearly see the damage. The seller asked for photo evidence then offered exchange/ return/ refund. The replacement came next working day, albeit delivered upside down as the delivery sticker was applied to the bottom of the box. All was well this time.

However I am not entirely happy with the design as there is no lip and the dome moves freely as there is no fixed position and could easily spoil icing etc. This is shown clearly on the images for the product so no complaints there but such a simple thing would really enhance the product.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent!, 22 Aug 2013
Excellent value for money bought as a present and my friend loves it and it looks lovely on her kitchen worktop Deffo would recommend this.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, 17 Aug 2013
Made a wonderful present for my friends birthday, will probably buy one for myself. Makes a cake look really good.

5.0 out of 5 stars Looks great!, 26 July 2013
My partner forgets that there is cake 'in the tin' so this is the perfect solution. Looks great in my kitchen, love it.

4.0 out of 5 stars Good Quality, 30 April 2014
Arrived promptly in perfect condition because so well packaged. Very stylish and good quality. However, realised at once it was too big but my own fault because I didn't check size when I ordered it. My cakes will look tiny inside this! Also, no idea where to store it, it's huge. But the glass dome is really lovely so I use it on the worktop to cover bread, rolls etc.,the stand ok in a cupboard without the dome. Not sure how often it'll get used, would advise anybody to check size FIRST! Perfect if you make really big cakes for really big family.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect !, 17 Dec 2013
Have used this for a Christmas decoration with fresh fruit ribbons and Christmas lights and looks wonderful on the coffee table. Will be used for more conventual use after the new year.