on 13 December 2012
Having explained my needs to a helpful advisor at Neet, this product was recommended. It does exactly what I need. Effectively I have an older plasma with only component video inputs but have a number of outputs e.g. Sky+ HD that only have HDMI. It is difficutl to have an objective opinion on any quality loss as it is difficult to compare however my picture quality is excellent. Quality of product build is good. Very pleased with product.
on 5 December 2012
I had a problem connecting my HDMI devices to my older Samsung Plasma ..so i bought this converter and hey presto !!
problem Solved .. thanks Neet!

Roger Whaley bridge
on 5 December 2012
This is a Great BOX ! It is very solid in construction, with excellent image quality, its a shame i can only give 5 stars. It did exactly what I wanted :-)
on 2 September 2013
When connected between an iPad and digital projector this item will not output any video, only audio. On further investigation it turns out it only processes 1080i not the 1080P video produced by the iPad. This is not made clear in the products description sadly. I'll be returning this straight away.
on 20 September 2013
This product is supposed to convert HDMI to component. But if you try to use this with a PS3, it will not work, because the PS3 outputs four signals, including 1080p. If you go into the PS3 Display Settings and manually disable 1080p, then it will work.

But what if you have an HDMI device that cannot do this? No wonder some of the reviewers above did not get any signal. What is the point of this box if it cannot convert on it's own?

Yeah sure, it might work with some devices, but are you willing to take the risk that it will work with yours? And it's not cheap either. Very disappointing.

My advice, give this product a miss.
66 comments|Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 January 2013
This thing has transformed my seemingly outdated 10 year-old, 42" plasma screen into magnificent HD at about 4% of the cost of replacing the screen. Definitely on of the best value purchases I have ever made.

Unit arrived ahead of the delivery date promised, was wrapped well and took about 3 minutes to set-up.

No more to say really!
on 5 November 2013
I purchased this box in order to attach my new sky box to my plasma but the picture quality is so poor I have had to re-install my old sky box witch was great but did not allow me to get the new features associated with the new sky boxes. So this unit needs to be returned as unusable.
on 18 October 2013
After my HDMI cable broke (plumbed into the wall) I only had a component cable to connect via HD to my LCD screen. Unfortunately, the new Sky+ box no longer has a component out. This little box has solved the problem and now I have Sky HD again. Perfect.
on 23 June 2013
I've had the device for a few months now and it works great. It converts a HDMI signal into Component. It has a solid build quality also. Very useful if you're needing it to record video game footage using a video capture card.
on 18 September 2013
This great gadget allows you to connect an extra Sky box to anywhere in the world using Sling media and gives great pictures in HD. Really great company to buy from too, so helpful and fantastic Customer Relations.