5.0 out of 5 stars Discrete,surprisingly powerful

3.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental device
Published 8 months ago by Mike Flowerday

5.0 out of 5 stars Discrete,surprisingly powerful, 30 Aug 2012
J. Roberts (Scotland, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: The Solar Centre Curve Solar Motion Light (Garden & Outdoors)
I purchased four of these lights for my garden and after initially being surprised how small they are I installed them (just two screws with rawl plugs) and I've been very happy since. They emit a nice soft glow after dark and brighten up nicely when I or my dogs pass near them. They're exactly what I wanted - no maintenance, no wiring, no costs after purchase, twilight soft glo and light up brightly when somebody approaches. I have had them for just over a month now and have no complaints whatsoever.

4.0 out of 5 stars curve solar motion light, 23 Oct 2012
got this curve solar motion light from THE SOLAR CENTRE and received it within 4 days of ordering. The instructions very very good easy to set up.Its not going to light up all your garden but then its not supposed to. I use it on the outside of my garden hut which is also near to my recycling bins and it gives of just enought light to make the job a lot easier.

3.0 out of 5 stars Temperamental device, 6 Feb 2014
These little solar lamps are inexpensive and attractive, but ultimately pretty ineffective on average during the dark winter months. I have a couple of them, facing south to south-east where they are exposed to as much daylight as we ever get in mid-Norfolk in the winter months, and they give off light when they feel like it. When they are having a good day, they will light up at dusk and still be glowing at 5 am the next morning. However, on most winter days they don't illuminate at all, or at most for two or three hours in early evening. It will be interesting to see how the performance is in the summer, but to me the real relevance of such products is how they perform when you actually need to see, i.e. on dark evenings and in the night. By that test, these are not really worthwhile purchases. I suspect that in the Northern parts of the UK, where the winter days are even shorter, they would be even less attractive to have.

FOLLOW UP COMMENT : now that we're into late winter/early spring these lamps work better (they're obviously getting more daylight on average) but on dull days they are still temperamental. In addition, one of the two I have has decided to stay only on the lower illumination setting, and does not "brighten up" when it detects movement. It's still a useful low source of light for my garage door lock, but clearly it's not functioning correctly. These are still three-star items, no better than that.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great light, 9 May 2013
Easy instructions, easy to put up, good value for money, great little light & very bright. Perfect security light for front of house and to rear garden.

5.0 out of 5 stars solarlight, 9 May 2013
J. O'Hara - See all my reviews
very good service and product will shop again the light is great above the back door good lighton garden joe

5.0 out of 5 stars good performer, 28 Oct 2012
Using this to light up a side gate and passage so I can find my key. Compact, No loose cables to hide away as solar panel is built in. Just the right level of movement sensitivity so not too many triggers till you get closer to it. Brighter than I expected. Will be getting more for outside sheds.

5.0 out of 5 stars perfect led light, 28 April 2013
N. Mavridakis - See all my reviews
it stays on all night with a dim light. when motion is detected it lights up. very good security light

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly bright for such a compact light!, 23 Oct 2012
All I was after was a pir solar light that was easy to install that would give off enough light to light up the patio at the back of the house where no street lights can reach. I read up a on a few different lights and most had fairly disappointing reviews with poor quality and poor light being listed as the main concerns. I then came across several curve reviews and the reviews were all very positive coupled with the fact they were also very reasonably priced so I decided that they would be my best bet and ordered two. When they arrived I was a little dissapointed and shocked at how small they were so was very sceptical as to how much light they would actually give off. I installed them, which was very easy, only two holes required, and waited a day for them to charge. When darkness fell they both came on and gave off a pleasant dim glow and when activated by movement I was very pleasantly surprised by the amount of light they gave off, plenty of light to be able to sit on the patio on a nice night. Overall, I am very happy with my two curves from a quality, value and practicality point of view, I would definitely recommend them.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent, 18 April 2013
This light does exactly what I wanted, it lights a dark corner with steps, does not need connecting to mains electricity and works on sunlight. I am so pleased with it I am getting another one!

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent product and seller - Curve solar motion light, 7 May 2013
conal (Bournemouth, Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
Very small, compact light generates lots of illumination.
Fitting is simple (drill a couple of holes) and the colour of the unit's body fits in generically with just about anything - particularly well with my cream rendering.
Good sensitivity on the sensor has made getting to our doors brighter and easier.
Delivery and communication was excellent - so good in fact, I ordered another two for elsewhere in the house.

The Solar Centre Curve Solar Motion Light