5.0 out of 5 stars My first tablet
I need to come clean. Before I bought the Nexus 7, I had never owned either a tablet or an Android phone. I'd never downloaded an app in my life. My main reason for getting a tablet was I kept writing notes on paper in meetings and then losing them, or I went to meetings and found I didn't have the documents I needed because I hadn't printed them off. So I decided...
Published 23 months ago by Mr. N. J. Todman

3.0 out of 5 stars The tale of the three Nexi
Very excited to get my hands on my Nexus 7. Compared reviews with iPad Mini and it looked like the Nexus was a solid choice. My two friends and I all purchased a Nexus each around December time.

I have had my Nexus since Christmas day and have decided to write this review on my experiences.

Pros:
Beautifully crafted and fits in hand...
Published 22 months ago by J. Scott

‹ Previous | 133 34 35 36 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars i like it, 1 Mar 2013
i ge it four stars as i am still getting used to using it i am 78 & i dont think i am getting all out of it that i should

4.0 out of 5 stars some very dodgy apps, 11 Jan 2013
Very happy with the tablet as such, however a number of game apps require permissions which are a little short of spooky to say the least.

They require access to all your settings WHY ?
they require access to your contacts file WHY
The require permission to make changes to your system !!!

obviously great care needs to be taken when downloading from the google play store.

I have no means of knowing if this is normal for tablet apps as my only other device is an iphone and I have not seen these requirments on any app I have downloaded to that.

1.0 out of 5 stars Product lasted less than 48 hours, 5 Mar 2013
Hello, I just gave a Nexus 7 to my girlfriend for her 30th birthday.
She was really happy with it. However after less than 48 hours of receiving it via amazon UK, she was sitting on the sofa and the tablet fell on her lap, it actually slipped from her hands.
Once on her lap it went sideways on the sofa. I would say if you do that with an egg it would never break, it was so soft. The results are however really bad. The screen is all black with some white and color lines flashing, while about 99% of the screen remains completely black. We will have to send this to repair after 2 days... I hope I had bought some other tablet.

I wish Asus/Google had tested this device with day to day use before selling it

1.0 out of 5 stars Very disappointed, 4 April 2013
Having read many comparative reviews about tablets, the nexus seemed to come out as good value. Having owned one for about 3 weeks and bought a user guide book from Amazon I am now ready to give up and advertise it on Ebay. If you are considering buying one, think very carefully what you want it for. Games, reading books, music possibly ok (kindle much better for reading)but as a portable computer for emails etc it is useless. When I go abroad shortly I shall again pack the netbook and leave this white elephant in the cupboard (or the bin)!

5.0 out of 5 stars HELP, 26 Nov 2012
can someone please explain to me how the internet data works if i purchase the 3g do i have to pay a monthly fee to a net work provider or what. Thanks

1.0 out of 5 stars Bought it as a XMas present, unable to connect it to our wifi, although our PC works. authentication problems !, 16 Jan 2014
This review is from: Google 7 inch 16GB Nexus Tablet (NVIDIA Tegra 3 Quad Core 1.2GHz Processsor, 1GB RAM, 16GB Memory, Wi-Fi, Android 4.1) (Personal Computers)
So disappointed, it was meant as a Xmas present for my husband, but it has never worked. i have spent ages o the phone to BT checking my wifi, and contacted Asus support, and had the tablet rebooted and reset, but no joy. I was hoping my husband could take it on holiday and watch films , and listen to music , but instead i have arranged for it to be sent off repair ..

5.0 out of 5 stars Wow., 13 Jun 2013
I spent a long time pondering whether I should get one of these or the slightly cheaper Acer Iconia B1 but when I saw a like new one for £98 I had to snap it up, afterwards I was slightly nervous that I wasn't going to like it but I have to say I'm delighted, it's smooth, simple and speedy and way cheaper than the iPad. Definately worth the buy.

5.0 out of 5 stars simply amazing, 13 May 2013
I have a great life full of fun but this useful gadget makes it even more so! I would rcommend it without hesitation.

3.0 out of 5 stars Expat in Spain, 5 April 2013
The Nexus 7 is better than OK but as a UK expat in Spain I am not given access to the Google Books or Films Stores where I can purchase books and films in ENGLISH. I have a Kindle ( an old keyboard 3G), and an Amazon account. The Kindle goes with me everywhere. Sailing in the middle of the Med I can download a new book or Newspaper no probs. With the Nexus 7 I need a Wi-Fi connection of course, I have downloaded some splendid apps, I can read worldwide newspapers and listen to worldwide radio but no books or movies in English. You can change the language (for commands etc.) but you cannot change the locale. It knows that I'm in Spain, so I must buy Spanish. If you want to travel and get books and films in your native tongue go with the KIndle Fire.

2.0 out of 5 stars Nexus7, 6 Mar 2013
Product arrived on time, but with only Japanese instructions. Impossible to connect to our wi-fi. Although showing a very strong signal, it would've connect to Android system! Tried another Nexus 7 - bought from local retailer . Same problems -well at least this time the instructions ( such as they were! ) we're in English. After several hours of frustration, I returned to the retailer and changed the Nexus 7 for something I knew would work -The Mini I-Pad from Apple. This at least does what is expected

‹ Previous | 133 34 35 36 | Next ›