4.0 out of 5 stars Fast-paced, quick witted humour, and nearly as good as the TV show!
I guess inevitably it is always going to be a big ask for a live show to be as slick and polished as the TV version - but don't let this put you off, as I hold both in very high regard! The humour is thick and fast (at least 3 viewings required to catch all the gags!) and it made me laugh so much that a bit of tea came out of my nose - surely an endorsement if ever there...
Published on 18 Nov 2012 by Composerman

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing
Published on 14 Nov 2012 by Stuart Dixon

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Disappointing, 14 Nov 2012
Having bought both of the series dvd's available and loved both of them I was really looking forward to watching the live show. But, I'm sorry Brendan, the live show is a collage of sketches from the T.V. shows with very little new material. The mormon sketch, Grandad dying, Dermot's triplets, all taken from the T.V shows. It really looks like Brendan is cashing in on his success. Very Disappointed.

1.0 out of 5 stars Rip off, 4 Dec 2012
I must say that this dvd is an absolute rip off if you have seen the tv series. They have tried to cobble together another episode using sketches from already viewed tv programs . It doesnt work, its not funny as you will remember all the jokes. Dont waste your money on this.. it says its " too rude to broadcast" but thats only because of the swearing in it,, theres very little new material .Talk about jumping on the Christmas Band Wagon ??

2.0 out of 5 stars A rip off in both senses of the words!!, 14 Nov 2012
I am a big fan of Mrs Brown but this is just a collection of regurgitated old material ripped off from the TV series and there is very little new material at all. Also the comedy does not seem to work as well as on the TV and I found it strangely cringeworthy in places. Whether this is because it is filmed live or whether it is because I have heard it all before or both I am not sure. I ordered this DVD ages ago and have been waiting for it to be delivered with much anticipation and excitment. In the end it has turned out to be a real disappointment and I feel very short changed by it. A real rip off I'm afraid! Buy the DVD's of the TV series instead.

1.0 out of 5 stars What a rip off, 1 Jan 2013
Ms. S. Davies (Gwent, South Wales) - See all my reviews
I absolutely love Mrs Brown's Boys and bought this as a christmas present. I watched it tonight & I was definitely ripped off. Yes there was a little bit more swearing than there is on the TV, but basically it was Series 1 all over again, which I already own. When it was advertised as the NEW Mrs Brown's Boys stage show I expected to see completely new episodes. There is nowhere on the case that says exactly what the DVD contains. If anyone reads this because they are thinking of buying this DVD & you already own series 1 DON'T BOTHER you will only be wasting your money.
Hugely disappointed.

2.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing!, 28 Jan 2013
Mr. E. Lucas "bookaholic" (England) - See all my reviews
Having watched series 1 and enjoying the situations and humour, I was really looking forward to watching the Live Tour Good Morning Mrs Brown dvd.
What a let down, it is a compilation of bits and pieces from series 1 and being on stage does not come over as well as the TV Mrs Brown. Save your money and wait for the next series dvd.

3.0 out of 5 stars live tour disappointed, 26 Jan 2013
Covers old previous bits from other series,very predictable,and using players for roles not usually played by them.Missed the show in Ireland by a week but now not disappointed.

3.0 out of 5 stars Mrs Brown, 10 Dec 2012
Good to watch but no way as good as the TV series.
I feel disappointed as I ended up comparing all parts of the DVD to the TV show, even down to Mrs Browns wig which was very poor

3.0 out of 5 stars If you have seen the series you will enjoy but !!!!!, 28 Oct 2012
Now before I review this may I explain that even though this DVD has not yet come out and people think how can you review something that has not come out may I say that I saw the live show and that is what this review is based on and as the DVD is this live show this should cover it.

If you have seen the series and enjoyed it you will enjoy this live show as you will be no doubt be aware that a part of the humour is based on the actors being put off by Brendon (Mrs Brown) and the actors being ridiculed because of this. This happens a lot in this show but the basic story line is the same as one of the shows in the Series on the TV. The show is the one where Grandad is pretending to be dead to get to hear the eulogies of others and also to their hands on his insurance. It's a shame that the show was not a new episode not yet shown on TV as this would have been all new to the audience.

So if you have seen the series version then this is the same with about 15 % of stuff added onto it.

So in brief if you enjoyed the series and could not get to the 1st Mrs Brown live show give it a go. The same is happening to Mrs Brown's Boys live show as it does with other hits the more they become popular the more the ticket prices go up. We had Tickets to see this 1st show for £ 26 each but the second tour had the prices shoot up to £ 45 per ticket and no doubt next year it will be more. So unfortunately I did not get to see this years tour.

So come on Mrs Brown lets make it TICKETS FOR THE PEOPLE AND NOT ONLY THE PRIVILEDGED.

2.0 out of 5 stars Too much swearing, 14 Jan 2013
Peter Barr "Gadget boy" (Scotland) - See all my reviews
Far too much swearing. Plot already used on TV series and set wasn't good. A disappointing purchase. Not just my view but family view.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not impressed, 5 Jan 2013
I was very disappointed with this DVD. Not as funny as on TV. Plus it was a compilation, not as funny second time of seeing.

Mrs Brown's Boys Live Tour: Good Mourning Mrs Brown [Blu-ray]