5.0 out of 5 stars excellent shoe
this is my second karrimore product and you cannot make a mistake, this boot is of a fantastic quality, you slip into it and you feel comfortable. even after many hours of walking
Published 20 months ago by Brigitte Reters

1.0 out of 5 stars Give them a miss!
These are quite a comfortable boot, but they're not entirely 'weathertite' as the name suggests and as experienced by others too, the lace arrangement is poor and they do not grip very well I've found.

Published 18 months ago by Don

1.0 out of 5 stars Give them a miss!, 18 Jan 2013
Don (Dorset, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Karrimor Mens KSB Aspen Mid lll Weathertite Trekking and Hiking Boots (Apparel)

After a couple of months use, just at the weekends and not excessive, one of the laces broke whilst pulling them up. I suspect this is due to unnatural fraying from a roughly produced eyelet, but the laces are not exactly beefy.

I have found that on even slightly wet, hard, polished surfaces they are leathal which of course you might expect - what isn't?! However; Tarmac, the concrete of paving slabs and even the rougher cast concrete, of the type of block paving you find in most modern pedestrian areas, they can't grip in the wet either. Whilst walking in the hills, I've also been in fear for my limbs whilst walking on Limestone surfaces too. Tarmac and concrete can be found whilst hiking sometimes, but certainly rock. Even these boots can grip grass and soft ground with the grip pattern they have, which I must say is good.

The Karrimor web site is not designed so that the ordinary Jack in the street can contact them for advice or information, in fact I'd say that it's positively restrictive with them telling you to go to the retailer for everything. In my case that was GO Outdoors, who said that this product, that is advertised on the Karrimor site as a 'Walking Boot', should not be regarded as a boot that you can use for general purpose walking! Though they said they might be able to return it on the lace issue, but I would have to make sure they were completely dry and spotless! Not what I expected when returning a product that is faulty and also not fit for purpose, thinking they'd only be binned anyway. I've cleaned them up now and have to re-submitt, but I think they're just intending to returm them to Karrimor for approval before even thinking of refunding me!

In my humble opinion these boots are not fit for the purpose that they are advertised for, i.e: walking and I have been genuinely in fear of having a serious fall with them on more than several occasions. This may be due to the manufacturer miss matching a particular sole compound with their boot - who knows?! Direct customer support and advice is impossible to obtain via the internet/Email and not good from some retailers. Though in fairness this is probably due to Karrimor's restrictive returns policy? If you're going to take a chance on them, my advice would be to get them from Amazon, because at least then, when you find they're not up to walking in, there will be no quibble about their return.

5.0 out of 5 stars excellent shoe, 26 Nov 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars not waterproof, 16 April 2013
Mr. R LEE - See all my reviews
had a pair of the previous version of this boot and they were brilliant -waterproof and very comfortable .unfortunately this version is certainly NOTwaterproof and not very comfortable .very unhappy with purchase.

5.0 out of 5 stars Karrimor KSB Aspen Mid lll Weatherlite, 2 Feb 2014
Well they had a good initiation over this weekend (February 2014). Despite the amount of water and mud about my feet remained dry and also very warm. I deliberately purchased these boots a size bigger than I would normally wear daily. With good thick walking socks these boots were very comfortable indeed and terrific value for money.

I regularly take groups out to the Pyrenees Spain/France, Himalaya and elsewhere and I would fully recommend these boots for high level summer walking conditions.

Overall, I would rate these particular boots 8/9 out of 10, and well done Karrimor. Finally, one could easily spend well over 100 on Karrimor competitors in this particular market, but why do this when there are KSB's for quarter of the price on the market?

I have been involved in outdoor world for well over 35 years and not necessarily are Karrimor's well known competitors the best in the field when it comes to mountain clothing and equipment. A lesson I have learned over the years to my cost sometimes.

Well done Karrimor on this item at a great price.

5.0 out of 5 stars Unexpected Gift from my stepdaughter, 11 Feb 2013
By sheer coincidence I hd been looking for a lightweight hiking boot... for trudging through the three mile daily hike to work in Scottish weather and weekends exploring the Pentland Hills outside Edinburgh. I had narrowed the search to these boots and as if by magic they arrived. They are jsut perfect... easy comfortable fit, light in weight... very well made.... and for the price, there is no better deal.

5.0 out of 5 stars Such a lovely pair of boots, 11 Jan 2013
This pair of boots was bought for my son. They look really nice and he said they are very warm and comfortable.

5.0 out of 5 stars Lightweight with tough vibram sole, 6 Nov 2012
Mart (London, UK) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 100 REVIEWER)
Three words came to me when I bought these boots. Quality, comfort and smart.

The quality of finish is very good - suade material, stitching, sole and upper are all of a very high standard. The boots look good, and that does matter.

Comfort is also nice, with ample padding around the high ankle support and a good layer of soft shock-absorbing material above the deep tread Vibram sole to give the feet some defence against hard ground.

The uppers are finished in a mix of suade and synthetic. There's no Gore-Tex but they are waterproof and they breathe well in warm conditions. These are not the hardiest of boot to take out in deep mud and puddles in winter, more of a two seasons (spring & summer) option to cover long walks over tough terrain, and that's what I use them for.

My only criticism is the flat laces, they don't tie up easily - most walking boots work best with round ones. I changed mine immediately with a pair of 140cm (54inch) round laces.

4.0 out of 5 stars Nice Boots - A Little On The small Size, 16 Jun 2014
I like these boots very much, I have used them every day mainly for long dog walks along trails. I have found them waterproof, of good quality and quite comfortable.
I am usually a shoe size UK 9 and buy boots size UK 10 but with these boots I wish I had gone for a UK 10.5 as they are a bit too snug - I have taken to wearing thinner socks which is not much of a problem as I have found the boots quite warm.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent boots, 16 Jun 2014
Bought the boots mainly to use walking my dogs, they tend to like hills and bogs so normal shoes are not suitable. They have excellent grip when walking up steep gradients and they are waterproof, second day out had to rescue puppy from a bog, boots filthy and wet but feet stayed dry. They were also very comfortable from the start.

5.0 out of 5 stars fanstastic bargain, 25 May 2014
Michael Allsopp (Leicester UK) - See all my reviews
These hiking boots are a real bargain light yet strong with a excellent vibram hard wearing sole. water proof yes but the instructions do say that you may have to spray them with a water proof solution after heavy cleaning.