4.0 out of 5 stars Very useful - recommended, 28 Aug 2013
This review is from: Writing Doctoral Project Proposals: Higher Education Research (Doctoral Research into Higher Education Book 3) (Kindle Edition)
I'm new to doctoral study and needed a bit of a boost to my confidence and this has helped a lot. Paul Trowler writes in a very easy style for which I am grateful. He writes very clearly, in plain English and I look forward to referencing his text in my up-coming assignment!

It is also a short text and so I did not feel at all hard-done-to reading it whilst on holiday, on the beach!

5.0 out of 5 stars another little gem in this series!, 29 Mar 2013
Fabulous! An absolute must if you are starting a PhD journey. Concise and easily understood. Lots of excellent, practical tips that I, for one, have every intention of using in practice. I'm really glad I've read 3 in this series .... all three were read and my notes done in about a day or so .... so I have a good grounding for starting my work once ethical approval has been granted. If you read no other 'how to' books on PhD theses ..... read these. In my view, total 'must haves'!
ruth