on 3 June 2015
The plastic cages in which these are meant to sit are expensive and I wanted to place traps through the house to keep tabs on a carpet moth problem that has been treated already.

Instead of buying more cages I used masking tape to stick these "refills" around the house at skirting board level as well as high up the wall.

If you have pets/young children I'd strongly recommend you place these behind furniture where they are not accessible to pets and kids. Carpet Moths like dark places anyway, so sticking one of these behind a bookcase or on the underside of a hollow base cabinet (even in a cabinet as carpet moths lay their eggs ANYWHERE)

.... just make sure curious fingers and furry tails cannot come in to contact with the super stick traps. It's hard enough getting this stuff off your fingers; you'd not want it on fur and I don't doubt it potentially hazardous if ingested.
TOP 500 REVIEWERon 25 September 2014
It can be a bit risky buying replacement parts online from anyone other than the original official supplier - will they be of the same standard, will they come properly packed etc? In this case these past the test with flying colours. They come properly sealed in airtight outer packaging and a clearly marked expiry date. Inside, the replacement pads look to be just as good as any purchased direct from the maker of the diamonds.
on 11 August 2015
These definitely do what they say they do. I've had a problem with clothes moths for years but now they finally seem to be decreasing in numbers as I've not seen a lot this year.
review image
on 13 October 2014
These work very well indeed. For several years the area I live in has been plague with clothes moths - they everything made of natural fibres. Woollens, suites, even carpets and we have raged war on them. These pheromone pads attract the males and limit the breeding ability of the species. We have had pads with fifty moths attached so they do work! If nothing else, they will show the level of infestation. However, these are enough alone and you need moth killers in whatever form. Also cloves or lavender either in little bags or scattered over the bottom of your wardrobe.

We've even replaced a lot of our carpets with synthetics.
on 27 September 2015
These really do what they're made for- I have cemetaries of dead moths caught on these sticky pads all over the house!
Best places to put them are inside wardrobes, next to your shoe collections, by your bedroom TV (moths are attracted by the light at night), and tucked under furniture next to the skirting boards..

Be careful not to use them without the plastic traps if you have curious pets- I did have one episode of my cat exploring a cupboard where I'd placed a loose pad and getting her paw stuck on it!
Also be careful when you unpeel the backing tape- they can be hard to get off your own paws too if you're not careful!
Otherwise they work a treat!
on 8 January 2014
Have used these pads for a number of years now and have found that they have the desired effect, namely eradicating moths from the house. They are simple to use, are neat and dating the pad when put out shows you just how effective they are.
on 9 October 2015
Really good, I bought these without the holders and tucked them on the floor along the edge in an area that is out of the way.
It has been surprising just how many moths I had, and now with these I am clearing up the last of the invasion after a thorough clean and insecticide.
On thing I would recommend is not putting them in your wardrobe, but away from it. That way you don't attract the moths towards your clothes. I've been impressed that I don't see any moths in there now, and yet they are still being attracted to the very stick trap.

Obviously be really careful not to get any on your hands, or you will attract moths to any fabric you touch.
VINE VOICEon 23 October 2015
Some times simple does the job.

We have the holders for these sheets stationed in wardrobes, in the attic, and alongside my computer (as I often use it late in the evening, with the window slightly ajar for ventilation).

The sheets always catch moths - we didn't even spot them being in the house. Every six months or so, and at the least once a year, we replenish the holders with replacement refills. Much cheaper than replacing clothes or carpets.

As a front line defence against moths, these are the minimum one needs. A no-brainer, really.
on 25 April 2015
Have bought these before and they were excellent; easy to use and effective. But this time I have been far less impressed. The peel-off backing paper was really difficult to remove as the adhesive was so strong and when it finally came off I ended up with the sticky pheromone stuff all over my fingers! This took ages to wash off, it was a nightmare! I wanted to make sure I washed it all off thoroughly in case I rubbed any onto my clothes as that would just defeat the purpose really... Let's hope the pads are as effective as last time at least.
on 24 July 2015
Have bought many of these from Robert Dyas in the past. However although these were identical they were very difficult to open in that the strip covering the sticky side was stuck fast. It was impossible to get it off without getting some on your fingers and really difficult to get it off your fingers afterwards. I think they may have got hot in storage and this has caused the problem.

Once open they work fine and trap moth like they are supposed to.

See one answered question