What a refreshing change to read a book on spirituality that was both realistic and thought provoking, and not only that but funny too! So many books on this subject are unrealistic, patronising and 'holier than thou', in contrast reading this book was like taking a walk with a good friend and chatting along the way.

The author does not claim to know all the...
Published 23 months ago by Clare Morari

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting point of view
With some ideas to ponder on. Written in quite a humorous style which makes it an easy and quick read.
Published 14 months ago by Geranium

5.0 out of 5 stars A book on spirituality that is realistic, thought provoking .. and funny too!, 2 Sep 2012
This review is from: I'll Put 3 Chips On God - just in case there is one (Kindle Edition)

The author does not claim to know all the answers and freely admits to having doubts and questions - like the vast majority of us do - but this book made me think more deeply about a lot of things: karma, soul energy, organised religion, soul mates, detachment ... to name but a few. It certainly 'nudged me along my journey of spirituality' which is exactly what it was meant to do!

5.0 out of 5 stars A non-preaching and delightfully engaging book with many thoughts we can all identify with., 27 Sep 2012
On matters of religion, sprituality and other strongly held beliefs, books which discuss and debate such topics tend to be very dogmatic in their approach, almost as though justification of such beliefs was a matter of life and death.

With 'I'll put 3 chips on God' you get a much gentler, less hostile and incredibly engaging narrative style which, from the very beginning, makes you subconsciously more open to the thoughts and suggestions of someone else on what, for many of us, is a sensitive subject and one which many of us are defensive about when it comes to what we both believe and don't believe in.

Being one drawn more to the scintific side of where we come from, I was very interested in the section relating to her APE (that's an acronym BTW) Atomic Universe theory, but as all agnostics tend to find it hard to jump off the fence they are siiting on, I am not convinced I am ready to give up my seat just yet.

A book which provokes thoughts, encourages you to ask questions of yourself, and others is no bad thing. This book is a definitely a good thing!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great read..., 28 Dec 2013
B. Cooper "magic of the mind" (London, England) - See all my reviews
...both sensible and humorous. I have a strongly scientific background and found very little in the book that I couldn't agree with. Most of it is common sense and even her own "Atom" theory is a perfectly valid metaphor. Highly recommended.

4.0 out of 5 stars Inspiring, 4 Dec 2013
Whilst I'll Put 3 Chips on God - just in case there is one addresses the theme of spirituality, it does quite often discuss religion and science. Typically, I expect books dealing with such themes to be full of preaching and a load of language I just can't understand, or want to.

On reading simply the first page, I realised that this wasn't going to be that type of book.

I loved how Preeti Gupta, whilst drawing on her own experiences, made the theme of the book less gruelling and more humorous. It was much easier for me to get into a book written in this style than it would have been had I'll Put 3 Chips on God... been a book written to force the readers into spirituality with strict rules and no respect for other people's life choices and beliefs.

It allowed me to laugh and be inspired all at the same time, which was exactly what I was hoping to read.

I found the book really well written. Preeti Gupta did share her own thoughts and opinions, but they were backed up by research and experiences. It was balanced too - the suggested opinions of The People Who Do Not Agree (as Preeti eloquently put it!) were addressed as well.

Although I did enjoy I'll Put 3 Chips on God - just in case there is one, I did get lost in a couple of the chapters. Generally though, that was down to what I like to read and not necessarily the book itself. Seeing atoms and orbits referred to more than once or twice did make me switch off, but my attention was soon regained.

I guess what I found so refreshing about this book was that Preeti Gupta wasn't just preaching or rambling about something she didn't actually have a clue about. I'll Put 3 Chips on God - just in case there is one was kind of on a middle ground; not too forceful but also not showing a lack of knowledge or experience.

On finishing this book, I now see that I'd already been delving into spirituality subconsciously, yet I now feel inspired to explore this further.

*I received a copy of this book in exchange for my honest review.

3.0 out of 5 stars Interesting point of view, 31 May 2013

5.0 out of 5 stars Loved the book !. Really fun read !, 16 May 2013
Many books on the subject can be a bit dry and hard to relate to your day today life.

This book gives a very honest, personal and funny ride through all things spiritual. Read it while on a plane and was laughing to myself throughout the trip, not sure what the people either side of me were thinking !!

Found myself nodding to many of the points made by the author. All the the things ive thought about but could never really articulate and many questions I've had covered in a really fun way.

Looking forward to the next one. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars An unbiased and humorous read, 1 May 2013
Like Preeti Gupta I am dubious about many aspects of religion and God. Her arguments for and against anything and everything spiritual were very well laid out and explained with good humor and an open mind. Highly recommended for anyone that wants to know about various aspects of religious beliefs and how they may be explained to the non-believer. Being a scientist myself, I enjoyed the science-based theories that may be used to explain good and bad karma and how it may work. Unpretentious and a very good read.