Style Name: Classic Multi-Colour|Change

I was feeling rather raw when I'd spent £700 on an LG washing machine to find out the big 10 year warranty logo on the front only covered the motor. What's more I was quoted £75 + Parts + labour for a call out to look at a ripped door seal!

I found the part online and watched a video of how to fit it but obviously this wasn't going to be an overnight solution and washing quickly builds up in a household of 4.

Hearing about Sugru from a friend I thought I'd give it a go, it turned up the next day from Amazon and within 5 minutes the repair job was finished. The colour match was next to perfect using a blend of about 70% White and 30% black, it was really easy to mould into place. I did find it a little difficult to smooth out the lumps and bumps but I reckon it would be hardly noticeable unless you were looking for it (images posted in the gallery). In use it worked perfectly with no more leaks from the door when in use. Money well spent and I may put off replacing the door seal until next year now.

So once you have opened the packet you have to use it all! what to do with the other 70% black? well within about 30 seconds I'd thought of a couple of jobs. I've got a large tripod lamp with brass feet on an oak floor, every time the kids knock it the floor gets scratched, I carefully moulded the remaining black Sugru around each of the brass feet, again perfect job and no more scratched floor.

Not sure what I'll do with the red, yellow and Blue but I'll certainly be buying some more black and white for my next DIY job. Brilliant product.
review image
11 comment|157 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 14 April 2015
So far so good. I got it on offer for £6.99. Made a holder with a loop for led light and put it on a hook on the wall, I used two blue packs but I think one pack would be enough. Check out photos
review image review image
on 30 July 2013
I bought this pack after seeing the Sugru advertisement on youtube.com ([...] because the wire was beginning to come away from the plug socket of my MAC Book Pro on both ends.

Initially, I was a little skeptical about how effective this would be but I am now completely sold.

Sugru is an amazing product. Its super easy to use, it is super effective and it comes in a variety of colours. The fact that it is relatively cheap is a huge bonus!!!

^ months down the line and my MAC Book Pro plug is in perfect working order. The wire is securely intact at the socket and at the end of the wire that connects to the MAC Book. There are absolutely no signs whatsoever, of any wear and tear and I for one am very pleased that I decided to give Sugru a go.
TOP 1000 REVIEWERon 23 February 2015
This stuff is fantastic. I saw an advert for it on Facebook and thought I would give it a try. I bought the multi coloured pack as I thought I could use it on a few things. WOW!!!!

After a few years the knives in the dishwasher had caused a hole in the cutlery rack. Now all fixed and good as new.
I made rubber stopper feet for a wooden box on top of the microwave - Perfect
I used some to made rubber grips on my outside tap, fab!
I fixed the saucepan lid handle - Good as new
I was sick of people using my mug at work and permanent markers were no good, so I stuck my initials on it and now no one takes it.

This stuff is so easy to mould and is fantastic, every house should have some hanging around for use.
on 18 June 2013
I keep finding new uses for this stuff. Recent uses:
Reinforcing electrical connections (particularly guitar leads where they join the Jack plug);
Refixing cupboard handles;
Balancing a chair with one leg shorter (also a good shock absorber/noise reducer)
on 11 August 2015
I love this stuff.

DIY and our household do NOT go together. I think we have a drill somewhere in the garage, but to be honest, the other half has a spider army in there that keeps me out (it's where he stores my presents), so I tend not to go in there. I do have a screwdriver or two knocking around somewhere.

But with this stuff, you don't need it. For example, I purchased one of those extendable mirrors that need to be screwed into a wall/woodframe, but the amazing design of my bathroom (yay Barrett NOT) I couldn't get the mirror close to where I needed it. However, I do have several shelves in the bathroom (with metal tube frame), so I emptied the appropriate shelving unit, laid it on it's back stuck some sugru in the correct place (I measured before moving it) and then placed the mirror's screw holds on top, waited 24 hours, put everything back. The mirror hasn't budged out of place, considering it's the main house bathroom, gets used alot, steam etc. Hasn't affected the sugru at all.

Years ago, on a holiday with his grandparents, my son brought me back a faery sitting on a crystal ball. Last year I accidentally knocked it on the floor, and the faery separated from the glass but luckily didn't break. We tried various products, but nothing would hold it in place. A little bit of sugru and et voila, perfect.

We had a integrated dishwasher installed, and we were told that they couldn't put the handle back on the outside of the door (to make it look like all the other kitchen cabinet doors). Luckily I had the right colour sugru, 24 hours later, perfect looking kitchen! (I did wait 2 hours, then took a sharp knife and carefully scraped away any excess sugru so that it wouldn't be seen.

This product is just something I couldn't be without, and it comes in so many colours.
VINE VOICEon 20 December 2012
Style Name: Classic Multi-Colour|Vine Customer Review of Free Product( What's this? )
We've used Sugru to repair a broken briefcase, to mount a thermometer on a window, to bind the end of a pull-cord so the threads don't fray and to repair a leak in a pair of boots. It's not as easy to get perfect results as their pictures and marketing suggest, but it is very robust once it has set and makes permanent repairs that work.

It does have a limited life in the tool box, after which it starts to go hard even though the sachet is unopened. We tend to buy it in smaller quantities as a circumstance. The manufacturers actively support their customer community - their web site at sugru dot com is full of ideas and it's work joining their mailing list.

Overall, Sugru is well worth trying and we recommend it.
on 16 August 2013
I love this product... It is easy to use and does what it says on the packet...i wish the individual packs had smaller amount in it.... any left overs cannot be kept and so try and make sure you find a few things to use this product on before you open the small blister packs.
VINE VOICEon 6 April 2013
I'm tempted to call this product Playdoh for adults but that does suggest that it's a frivolous product when it definitely is not. What this product is, is extremely useful while also being very fun to use.

The substance is very similar feel to blu-tack with the same mouldable properties. This pack contains 8 foil wrapped packets (2 x red, 2 x blue, 1 x white, 2 x yellow and 1 x black) although you do get other pack types depending on your requirements.

The basic premise of the product is that you take the substance from the pack, mould it around whatever you want to enhance, fix or improve, then leave it to harden overnight when it becomes a durable, set substance that can stand extremes of temperature as well as being dishwasher safe.

What you can do with this product is endless. My main 'fix' was to be a cable that was losing its plastic casing and showing the wires. I was probably overly generous with the sugru and I used about half a single pack to fix it. True enough, the next morning it was strong and ready for the cable to be used again. Suggestions on the pack include things like putting it on taps for a better grip, adding to saucepan handles for better holding, fixing cables - basically fixing or improving anything that you can think of. The uses are endless to the point where you will find yourself strolling round your house looking for things you can fix/improve!

The product (unopened and unused) has a shelf life of about 6 months (each pack has a use by date) although you can lengthen this by two months by putting it in the fridge. This is for sealed packs. I haven't tried it but I would imagine if you open a packet then you would have to use the entire contents in one sitting or it would harden and become unusable. The set product lasts as long as you need it to!

I was quite concerned that it might stain my hands but, again similar to blu-tack, other than getting stuck under your fingernails (if you poke at it like I did) then your hands don't retain any of the dye or the product itself.

This really is a product that I feel everyone would find a use for. For the price, it's definitely cheaper than replacing your items and it's great fun, too. 5 stars.
33 comments|59 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 18 December 2014
Lots of repairs. Broken car antenna (carbon rod was snapped in two - now it sounds even better than before), dishwasher rod, unstuck car bit (no idea what it is but was unstuck giving an annoying vibration. Now cant see the repair and good as new - stuck plastic to glass), fixed some trouser braces, reinforced headphones and repaired an umbrella. And still have some packs left!