4.0 out of 5 stars Product very good and did what the seller said it did
Published on 6 Mar. 2013 by yvonne thomson

3.0 out of 5 stars good but the settings are limiting
Published 12 months ago by Hugh

4.0 out of 5 stars Product very good and did what the seller said it did, 6 Mar. 2013
This review is from: True-Fusion XDH1-200 Solar Powered Auto-Darkening Welding Helmet with 3 FREE Spare Lenses (Misc.)
Product was excellent, did what we wanted most proficiently and for the money it was great. The service from the company did not come up to the high expectations I expected from a company who amazon supports. I did receive the item in good condition within the time limit they said but not the 2 day service I paid for. I was re-embursed for the excess and then told they do not come up as far as me when I can get next day delivery from as far away as Cornwall. They then blamed courier but it was Royal Mail who delivered it and I can assure you that I get post every day. I would suggest that this company delete their two day service from their status.

5.0 out of 5 stars Brilliant value!, 16 Sept. 2013
For the price, this is an excellent welding helmet which works very well indeed. The sensor response is immediate and the screen is very clear and bright when not reacting to the weld arc. I tried it yesterday for the first time working inside a car body shell inside a garage and had no difficulty seeing at all. I am used to both traditional helmets and solar response ones and this helmet simply does what it's supposed to. The replacement screens are not glass but (I presume) heat resistant plastic material but because I do not now need to get closer to the work to see, I'm confident they will be up to the job of protecting the visor panel from sparks. The headband works well and is quite solidly made.
I bought this to replace my worn out helmet and I am an experienced 'hobby' welder restoring a classic car which will need substantial welding. So far, no regrets at all with this great helmet.

5.0 out of 5 stars welders, 16 Jan. 2013
these helmets are really great very fast reaction good for diy or professional welder, and also great price, i would highly recommend it.

3.0 out of 5 stars good but the settings are limiting, 26 July 2014
Does the job, but I don't see why the reaction time can be changed (who'd want a slow reaction?) and while there are two settings of sensitivity I always use it on high sensitivity as it went to light once during an arc on low. Instead, I've had to adjust the light levels in the room so that it doesn't go dark before the arc has started (i.e. no sunlight). Next time I'll get a helmet with a sensitivity dial.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Welding Helmet, 9 Jan. 2013
Bought this as a replacement for an old traditional hand-held version and I am very pleased with it.

Inside the helmet there are two switches, one to adjust the reaction time of the auto ON/OFF function of the lens (I recommend using the short reaction time) and the other one for adjusting the sensitivity of the ON/OFF function of the lens (I recommend using high sensitivity).

The headband adjusts easily to fit your head and will hold this adjustment so that it does not get looser after flipping the visor up and down a few times. The tilt of the visor can also be adjusted, which is a little more difficult, but once set i cannot see that you would need to change it ever again.

This lens itself (level of darkness in the glass) cannot be adjusted but is set to a good medium level that has suited me just fine.

All in all this is a very good helmet at a very reasonable price, and though it may not be industrial grade or professional quality as such I can highly recommend this helmet for DIY and hobby welding.

4.0 out of 5 stars Does what it says on the tin, 23 Feb. 2013
For the price this is a good product. The auto dim is excellent but could be a bit darker. Well made and sold.

If you're after a good cheap visor you could do a lot worse.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fantastic!, 18 April 2014
I had one of these for my birthday and bought this one for my Brother. He (and I) really rate this, so clever and super quick darkening. Great when trying to MIG a tricky piece which needs hand holding. Also used with the trusty ARC.
Considering the price this is a must-have for the workshop.

5.0 out of 5 stars brill kit, 28 Jun. 2013
after using it I can only say its great as soon as you start welding it cuts in as soon as you stop it cuts out so u can see wat ur doing perfectly brill bit of kit

3.0 out of 5 stars good beginner mask, 15 July 2015
Hi/Lo sensitivity settings with 2 shade settings.

Pros:
- COST. Obviously.
- looks good for a welding mask, it's nicely angular and gives plenty of face-room.
- replaceable plastic covers, supplied with a few extra. Good-oh.
- adjustable helmet doomahickey is comfortable even for the Hey Arnold's and Kingdom of the Crystal Skull shaped heads of the world.
- easy twisty thingys on the side and rotator at back makes adjusting quick but more importantly easily doable with welding gauntlets/gloves on.
- hangs down low enough to give good neck protection. my throat is unsunburnt.
- main unit is replaceable, detachable, swap and mixandmatchable.
- doesn't catch on fire because it's that melts-but-doesn't-burn plastic - this is important if you chuck it onto a hot work piece you didn't realise was on the desk

CONS:

- it's far too flimsy. try to avoid putting this in a rucksack. the plastic is cheap and the fittings can break or waggle their way free.
- there's no fabric pad inside the head band. result: it rips a few of my hairs out every time I wear it without a do-rag or wrapping fabric around it. annoying if you have long hair, but not a problem for most crew-cut welders.

buy now, upgrade later. it's impossible to do good stop/start 2 handed weld work with a solid, nod-your-head-to-flip-it-down old school type.

5.0 out of 5 stars solar powered auto darkening welding helmet, 27 Jun. 2013
M. Warner (UK) - See all my reviews
I received the helmet last week. Very quick delivery. I purchased it as a replacement for my old standard helmet.I am just a DIY welder although I have had my SIP Mig welder for 25 years. I had occasion to do some welding in my garden over the weekend and I am delighted with it. It does exactly 'what it says on the tin' I used it all day in sunlight and in shade Brilliant! I am delighted with it and for the price, it can't be matched. It was only a few years ago that helmets like this were over £100.