on 13 October 2012
I have only had this a day but I am very impressed. I looked around at alot of printers before I chose this one. I mainly bought it because it supported air print so I could print from my phone or iPod as e mails and pictures are so easy to print this way. I had read a lot of bad things about printers saying they support air print but don't. I think this is a newer model and apple have also added support in the ios 6 update. Air print has worke perfectly so far, no issues at all

Ok you have to install the disk on your pc, but with the USB cable it took 10 minutes was fairly easy then it worked over wifi. I checked to see if my phone could find the printer and it did first time

It is very quiet, pretty compact and quicker than I thought. Overall I am really impressed with this. At less than £50 I thought it wouldn't be great but I'm glad I took the risk since there were no other reviews to go by

Only downside is colours probably aren't as perfect as I have seen from other printers but still good quality. Not sure how long the ink will last but I'm not to fussed as everything else is good
77 comments|260 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 6 April 2013
Bought as a replacement for my HP inkjet that died. Easy to set up and use. Good print quality for my needs. Ink seems to be a reasonable price for future.
on 30 March 2014
I dislike this printer intensely. I'd had Canon's before and apart from the high cost of inks, no problems.

This printer is tetchy and unreliable. Its looks and feels cheap.

It's pics go into something called an 'Image Garden'.

Frankly that would be a sacking offence to have thought that one up if I was running the creative department.

Because once you've copied them in.. They seem to disappear. No list of pictures to consult. It's just aggravating.

Not like my trusty old sturdy Dell, which I seriously considered rummaging around in the rubbish tip for and trying mouth to screen in an attempt to bring it back after dealing with this flighty thing.

As for the constant messages saying 'no ink.' ....only a fool would argue with a machine. Unfortunately that was me - for buying it:

...'There is ink Canon. And plenty of it - Stop lying'.

And will it WI-fi print? Maybe if there is an R in the month. It's that temperamental.

I've seriously gone off Canon as a result and if any manufacturer can offer me a simple, simple, simple SIMPLE thing that works ( no image garden mentions obviously ) ...did I mention 'simple'?.... I'd be happy to deposit my Canon into Printer Hell.

- Or the returns department as it's known.

The one star is for cheek.
55 comments|98 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 10 August 2013
A lot more on it than my last printer for example, it will spread a document over several A4 sheets - handy for a large poster. But I found this out by accident. The instructions are not that straight forward. Had I not had a printer before I would have been totally unable to insert the ink cartridges - the simple get started instructions are not! It takes much longer to print a document than my last printer and clugs away like an old machine. Surely modern technology should be slicker than this - especially a name like Canon.
Both the ink cartridges supplied with it only lasted for about 25 documents, and non of these were photos. The new colour cartridge has again run out without printing one single photo. It's hard to pick a printer because you quite simply don't know whether it will be suitable until you try it. I really wish I had not bought this one!
0Comment|108 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 29 January 2014
Connecting to WiFi is far from straightforward. In fact it's complicated and even Canon's helpline won't help.

The paper pickup is poor and frequently it will decide that it has no paper even though it has plenty which has been inserted with care.

The build quality is also poor - feels flimsy.

This will be the last Canon product I ever purchase.

Appalling waste of money.
22 comments|89 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 2 June 2014
I have had 2 of these little monsters and the second one has just outstayed it's welcome.

Interesting to see most of the 5 star reviews are recent purchases, where the reviewer hasn't given the Pixma MG3250 a chance to start ruining page after page of expensive business card stock, or waited all evening for it to come to some sort of decision about printing the first page of something - or not.

Well, mine has just wasted it's last page. It just started giving me a '7' and a '1' error, which usually I would go some way toward solving but having gone through this process unsuccessfully with Pixma number one I thought I'd save myself some life and just feed it back to PC World.

Thankfully I got insurance on this thing so I get my £39 back to spend on something which prints - a function I've always found rather useful on other printers.

Don't waste your time or money.
on 25 December 2013
I bought this after reading some previous reviews, now there is nothing wrong with the printer as it is Canon and I have never had a bad item from them, I will advise though that the set up instructions need updating as they do not match the software bundled, the set up says plug in the printer temporarily to set up the wi fi but the printer could not find the wifi this is due to Microsoft changing software and now using XPS but the instructions tell you to install another Microsoft item which is not bundled.

I did later find a slip of paper telling me this but it was not with the quick start guide or the manuals but was under the warranties so it did not help, but now it works I can say nothing but it is great and it DOES work with I phones, I pads and air drop printing which Is so helpful and the price was a bargain for this type of machine.
on 18 August 2013
Constantly had to reinstall the software to get a connection and error appeared after 1 month and no longer prints, constantly complains of paper jam . Expensive paper weight
on 3 April 2014
My old printer had served me well for many years, but it was getting old and rather unstable. So I decided to buy a new printer and I came across this one. I am student and don't need anything fancy just a printer able to print articles and my papers. The set up might have been easier, but it was nothing impossible. However the annoyance started shortly after. After a few weeks my new printer informed me that it was nearly out of ink. My continued use of the printer throughout the following weeks showed that it was mistaken. When it finally ran out of ink and I replaced the ink cartridge, it only took a few weeks before the printer informed me again that it was nearly out of ink. Here several months later it is still quite mistaken.

The printer is slow and noisy. Often it will print two pages and then inform me it is out of paper even if it is not. I've just spent half an hour removing a paper that got stuck inside of it. The printer didn't really feel like parting with the paper, so when I tried to remove it, the paper got torn into several smaller pieces. The printer enters sleep mode after some times without use, but if I then wish to send a print job over the wi-fi I need to manually turn the printer on first.

It's a lot of small issues that just really make me miss my old unstable printer.
on 1 August 2013
a great printer for the average only print a few bits and bobs family, good quality pics, only small and also cheap, good scanner and copier as well. Would recommend. Pricey on ink if you do a lot of printing.