4.0 out of 5 stars Dance-tastic :)
I ordered this cd after stubling upon it on the off-chance and I am glad I did.

I heard a single I really liked on the radio and it turned out to be 'The Feeling' by DJ Fresh. I thought I'd see if he had an album as I have loved 3 of the previous singles so I was chuffed to see there was one.

The cd arrived on tuesday and I have listened to it many...
Published on 12 Oct. 2012 by lewpylew

Published on 19 April 2013 by brooke_m

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

4.0 out of 5 stars Dance-tastic :), 12 Oct. 2012
lewpylew (Southampton, UK) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
I ordered this cd after stubling upon it on the off-chance and I am glad I did.

The cd arrived on tuesday and I have listened to it many times since it arrived.

The stand out tracks for me are 'The Power' with Dizzee Rascal and 'Hot Right Now' featuring Rita Ora.

The album features many collaborations and I am sure many more hits to come.

Ideal for bopping along to in the car or running on the treadmill.

This cd is more commercial dance, so probably not suitable if you don't like this kind of music.

5.0 out of 5 stars Fresh sell out to Ministry of S...!, 5 Nov. 2012
Oh Dear, another artist has signed his soul over to M.O.S.
Why is it that some talented individuals choose this route (Ministry of S...!).
Dont get me wrong on this, I have loads of previous material by Fresh, he is an excellent artist, once part of top quality D&b set up "Bad company", but this release is sadly aimed at commercial city.
Why 5 stars then you may ask!
Buy the 2 cd version, throw cd 1 in the bin, skip the first 3 Live tracks on cd 2 & what you are left with is a 5 track mini album of quality that is worth a Tenner:
1 Gold Dust (Shy FX Exclusive Re - Edit)
2 Hot Right Now (Camo & Krooked Remix)
3 The Power (Andy C Remix)
4 Louder (Doctor P & Flux Pavillion Remix)
5 Godzilla (Exclusive DJ Fresh Bonus Track)
Happy listening

4.0 out of 5 stars Commercial electronic music CAN be good quality as well, 24 Jan. 2013
I chose a four star rating for this album because it is a really fun album to listen to. Yes, it may irritate some of the hardcore drum and bass fans that DJ Fresh seems to have now gone down the commercial route, but that doesn't stop it being well produced, good quality electronic music.

I like the variation of styles in the tracks on the album. There are of course plenty of tracks based around drum and bass and dubstep rhythms, there are also a couple of electro house style tracks - 'The Power' and 'Turn It Up'. The variation within the main D&B and dubstep genres is also good with the popular cookie cutter tracks like 'The Feeling', 'Louder' and 'Hot Right Now'. There is a more old school D&B sound in 'Don't Tell Me' and parts of 'Fire Over Water' and a more rock-influenced Pendulum-esque sound from the tracks 'Skyhighatrist', 'See You Again' and 'Forever More'.

I recommend this album, it is a welcome addition to my dance music collection.

2.0 out of 5 stars If Dave Pearce's Dance Anthems was your idea of house, this is the Drum n' Bass album for you, 19 April 2013
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
OK, that's being a bit mean. But it's a fact that in music, you can have crossover releases, you can have cynical releases, and you can have commercial releases. A crossover release (The Prodigy's "The Fat of the Land" is still the best example) is one where the band doesn't compromise their sound one iota, but makes the mainstream come to them. A cynical release (Chase & Status' "No More Idols" probably fits the bill) is one that's still credible, but makes a few compromises in order to maximise selling potential. And a commercial release is one targeted to sell in Tesco.

"Nextlevelism" comes perilously close to the third. Fresh will insist it's about bringing music to the masses (and does on the album notes) but he does so by appealing to the lowest common denominator. So we get Skrillex-y flourishes, dubstep baselines, and more vocal hooks than an opera. The tracks are also very limited in terms of structure and get pretty repetitive after a couple of listens. Of the guest vocalists, Sian Evans, Rizzle Kicks, Liam Bailey and Juliette Lewis stand out; Dizzee Rascal's contribution is eerily similar to his work for Calvin Harris.

"Nextlevelism" can be judged a success if people buy it, and then go on to buy other (and better) albums in the same genre. If you've never bought a Dn'B album before, this is not a bad place to start for a soft introduction. If you already own a few, don't bother.

3.0 out of 5 stars Couple of great tracks, 19 May 2014
mrwotzit (London, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
There are a couple of really high-energy upbeat tracks that I really like on this album - those are the popular ones you'll probably have heard before in the singles charts and on TV adverts. Well worth a listen as the great tracks are worth the price of the album alone.

5.0 out of 5 stars Surprisingly awesome, 22 May 2013
I bought this as a gift but ended up listening to it quite a lot myself. I would describe it as "infectious". Some excellent beats and brilliant tunes. I'm glad I discovered DJ Fresh as I was wanting some good new dance tracks.

4.0 out of 5 stars DJ Fresh, 1 May 2015
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
Only got into this after hearing The Feeling (Track 3) and I loved the song. Album sounds awesome and it's something different to my usual music taste. Will definitely put this in my iTunes library.

4.0 out of 5 stars dj fresh, 29 Nov. 2013
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
a wonderful mix of pop and dance music

i first heard gold dust on the radio so i decided to check out DJ fresh
im a 46 year old man getting down with it

5.0 out of 5 stars pleased, 9 Aug. 2013
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
Quick delivery,really pleased,highly recommend.arrived in good condition.great tunes.bought for my daughter for her birthday,she will be very happy.thankyou very much.

5.0 out of 5 stars definately the next level, 14 July 2013
Christophe J. Horlock "pedal power" (Hertfordshire, England) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Nextlevelism (Audio CD)
from banging dance tunes to something slightly more mellow...great album, just a shame that I tunes didn't recognise it as an album so all the tracks are individual

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

Nextlevelism
Nextlevelism by DJ Fresh (Audio CD - 2012)