on 24 December 2012
Only £5 and it lasts as long as the normal Canon one.. win win :) Just make sure when you get it, leave it in the charger even when it says its done! It will say its done after like 5 mins.. ignore that and keep it in there for about 4 hours..
0Comment27 of 27 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on 28 September 2013
The regular, Canon batteries cost around £8 each and hold around 1120w, which last for around 90 minutes. For £14, i received x2 batteries which hold 2500w which last for around 200 minutes each!!

I can now last the entire day out filming/taking photos without worrying about running out of power!

Such an excellent deal for an incredible price! I would definitely recommend it!

Excellent delivery time as well, great company!
on 16 December 2012
Good quality battery. Fitted with no problems and both came fully charged with protective covers. Capacity seems to be holding out as good as the original and charging ok in original charger.
on 14 December 2013
These batteries work at least as well as the Canon original and, at this price, are an excellent buy. Thoroughly recommended!
on 30 January 2014
These replica LP-E8 batteries are absolutely amazing!

Before, I purchased them, I read reviews on how much capacity they really hold, and how long they last. I heard that these batteries were a fantastic substitute to the original Canon battery. So, I felt that these batteries would be relatively satisfying, and I was somewhat interested to buy these in addition to my original Canon battery for my 650D.

After - I purchased them, I used them for the first time in an exhibition in Italy. I packed 3 other batteries in my bag, and well, what can I say. Where do I start. These batteries, well, ONE battery lasted me a whole day of taking shots, to be precise it may have well been around 7-8 hours! Then, the next day, I used the same battery, without charging it, and guess what, it lasted me a whole day more! Thats two days without charging! Just one of these batteries! Speechless! I really cant say any more, these batteries are just phenomenal...

This is not, I repeat this is not! A 'Get what you pay for' item! This is you get 10x better than what you pay for! At this price, it seems quite ridiculous with how long you can last with these! So I advise ANYONE, literally anyone who is looking for an extra battery or two, to buy these! Over any other batteries, these should be your first choice!
on 30 April 2014
Arrival was quick and the overall product works well. I recommend using it until finish then charge it fully to get optimum value for the money spent.

Overall it is a decent product.
on 24 November 2013
just the job for a grip, rec mine well packed before the date that they would have arrived, as batteries go not much you can say
only that one battery has twice the power of one standard canon battery that is why i bought these batteries, also two batteries for
less than half the price of one standard battery from canon, will be getting more soon as got two cameras
good value for money have not tested to full yet but may last at least a weeks shooting on one battery
my Advice buy! buy! at least four two to use and two for standby just in case of those long holiday shoots
on 23 July 2014
These batteries work well and have proven to be reliable. Battery life sure isn't as long as they claim to be but then again for that price I couldn't have expected any more than they give, and they do give plenty for a day out with the camera. Of course they don't perform as well as the original canon batteries, but they are without a doubt a great deal and will certainly perform well enough during your daily requirements. I used them everyday during a wildlife photography trip and they didn't disappoint. All in all a great back up set to the original canon LP-E8.
on 16 December 2012
It does what it says on the tin, as they say. Excellent value for money especially given the price for one from Canon.
on 16 March 2014
I wanted higher-capacity batteries than the Canon battery supplied with my camera to use for astrophotography in which I need to take lots of long-exposure pictures without disturbing the camera once set up. When I wasn't getting as long as I expected, I ran a little experiment.

I set up my camera to take 30-second exposures with 4-second intervals between each until the battery ran out. I did this indoors; I reckon battery capacity would be lower in the cold outdoors.

Original Canon battery: 1120mAh: 402 exposures = 3 hours 20 mins (approx)
Replacement battery 1: 2500mAh: 307 exposures = 2 hours 30 mins (approx)
Replacement battery 2: 2500mAh: 322 exposures = 2 hours 40 mins (approx).

So you see I get much more exposure time with the original battery that is rated at only 1120mAh.
33 comments13 of 15 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse