5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful printer for small office
Published 21 months ago by L.Buckingham

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm!
Good print quality but slow to start and unacceptably noisy in a small room. It is a very large machine so you need plenty of space.
Published 15 months ago by Allegro

5.0 out of 5 stars A very useful printer for small office, 6 Jun. 2013
This review is from: HP LaserJet Pro 200 Color M276nw All-in-One Printer (Accessory)
This arrived quickly, and was easy to set up - although I sprained my back lifting it up to the work surface on my own. You really do need two people to lift it. Wi-fi set-up was a doddle and automatic on our 3 family iPhones. Colour quality is very good for this level of printer, with very sharp b/w text. I really like the copier facility, with excellent copy scan results. The feeder only holds about 30 sheets, which is fine for my needs, but may be a problem for bigger businesses, but then you should consider the Laserjet 400 instead. Same goes for the paper tray which only holds 150 sheets, but you can purchase an additional tray if you need to use high quantity printing. Terrific software for each function, and I used the latest downloaded Mac 10.8 drivers. Information is detailed if you are that kind of techy nerd, but everything just works without any fuss if you are not. I like the usb input and the fact that you can print directly from USB, iPhone, iPad or whatever without having to turn on your PC. We have 3 main computers and 2 laptops, all of which can access the printer anywhere in the house. You don't even need to connect this to an ethernet as its own wi-fi will connect to all the computers, so it can be positioned away from my computer usb hub, thereby saving a lot of desk space.

The only minus points are No Duplex! I would have loved to be able to continue automatic double sided printing, but I am now back to manually turning the paper over in the tray - a shame as this would have made this machine perfect otherwise. The toner cartridges are easy to install, and are stacked horizontally, which I am hoping will prevent toner dust from clogging the laser reflectors as happened with my HP 2605 ( a great printer but this problem of vertically stacked toner cartridges shortened its useful life, unless you like completely dismantling and cleaning the reflectors every 12 months).

All-in-all, a very good printer and it is already producing some very good quality colour leaflets and documents.

4.0 out of 5 stars It's pretty big but pretty clever, 19 Aug. 2014
Lewis (Cheshire, UK) - See all my reviews
First things first, this printer is large. Much larger than I expected and it's perhaps a little too large for its intended place (on a set of office drawers) so you should consider where it's going to go before buying. That said, it's a great multifunction printer and does an awful lot for the price. Note, there is currently £70 cashback on this particular printer until end October 2014 direct from the manufacturer so it's a better deal than it looks...search and ye shall find.

The checklist for me was:

Networked - wired or wireless. They do a non-wireless version of this printer for £10 less but with cashback making them effectively the same price, this was a no-brainer.
Automatic Document Feeder - duplex not required but would have been a bonus, this one doesn't have a duplex ADF.
Flatbed Scanner - check. I struggled to find details on this and the product images aren't particularly helpful.
Network scanning - send to network drive, send to email.
Colour laser printing - obviously.
Google Cloud Print - works via HP ePrint but it's cloud ready and means I can print from a smartphone too.

The biggest drawback is the cost of the toner. A full set will set you back more than the cost of a new printer so its cost per page is quite high in reality. If you're printing a lot, consider your print volume compared to cartridge yield and cost. I print infrequently so an inkjet isn't ideal due to ink wastage through drying out and I don't need amazing quality edge-to-edge printing either. I needed consistently good, networked colour printing with a flatbed scanner and auto document feeder and this fit the bill nicely.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent printer, 19 Oct. 2013
A. D. Jacobs (Cornwall) - See all my reviews
When this printer arrived, I was surprised at the size: it is quite large. The printing quality is very good - even in colour. Scanning quality is also very good, and it functions as an excellent stand-alone copier. I have found this machine so useful. Get a dust cover for it, as it shows the dust very clearly. A dust cover from an old CRT monitor fits nicely. When installing the software, get it right first time; I got it wrong and even though I uninstalled and started again, it would not fully install. Internet research shows this is a common problem with HP software. One other thing, this printer will not print edge-to-edge - it leaves a small white border around a photo (in other words, it cannot print on the full A4 page). Both my inkjets can be set to print edge-to-edge. Nevertheless, this an excellent printer, and is highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very impressed, 23 July 2013
hiljean (Wiltshire, England) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)
Having decided we wanted to buy a laser colour printer, rather than inkjet which seem to consume large quantities of ink and not always with good results, this one seemed to fit the bill in terms of price and quality.

We had it up and running very quickly, with a very straightforward installation, and printing from PC, laptop and two iPads in no time at all. It wasn't necessary to change any settings or configuration on the iPads (a V.1 and V.2), just using the Print command produced the required result via the airprint wireless connection.

It is a joy to be able to place this printer anywhere in the house and print remotely as it is quite sizeable for home use. It is indeed very heavy and needs two people to lift and carry it unless you want to do your back in.

It produces very crisp good colour quality even on fairly low grade (75 gms) paper and is very fast. We have now printed, copied and scanned, all of which work very well and without any complicated setup required. The only feature we haven't yet installed or used is the fax feature, mainly because fax is used so rarely these days. If it is easy to set up and use as the other features, I don't anticipate a problem with this either.

As another reviewer has pointed out, the only feature missing on this excellent machine is duplex printing/copying. But you can't have everything and at this price it's good value for a high quality product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Hmm!, 16 Nov. 2013

4.0 out of 5 stars Chearper running costs than a comparable inkjet but a very high initial outlay, 29 Oct. 2014
Mr. Leonard F. Clark "Len CLark" (Liverpool, UK) - See all my reviews
The printer met all our expectations and was surprisingly easy to install - but, I suspect, might be a bit of a challenge to anyone who struggles with all things IT. It *is* very heavy and quite large and you need to be careful to remove all the protection tabs and guards.

The toners supplied are really only partially filled and will only last a relatively short time - and the price of genuine toners will make you gasp! However, we worked out the maths in comparison with the inkjet it's replacing and it works out marginally cheaper. (It will hopefully take some time to verify our calculations).

That inkjet is also an HP and also works with Wifi and we have found:
a) that the two don't co-exist very easily and
b) we have two PCs (my wife's and mine) and the printer seems to favour one as the master network connection and makes it quite difficult to get scans to the other.
Both of these problems are - I'm sure - resolvable but reduce the ease of installation and have cost the machine a star.

Oh, we haven't done any real photo printing but I am surprised out how good the quality of photos have been so far.

5.0 out of 5 stars Simply amazing printer, 8 Mar. 2014
I'm just so glad I went back to HP! My first ever laser (in the 90s) was an HP, an unprecedented machine in terms of value and output, a workhorse. I bought this printer as I wanted a colour laser for home, printing pictures and scanning documents to replace my other-branded all-in-one which was ok but not great. This machine is fantastic, I plugged it into my router with a network cable and I was able to print from my iPhone in seconds. I can access the settings from my web browser, a nice control panel properly designed as a business app.

Initial calibration took a couple of minutes, it was a bit noisy (but the kids next door didn't wake up). The test print was absolutely stunning! I installed the software and tried scanning from Photoshop, results fantastic! I scanned straight to a usb drive, again, impressive.

It's big and bulky and it's over 20 kilos. But the build quality is very good, the touch screen responsive, the menus complete and the printing, well, pure quality.

All in all, this printer has been so far been a nice surprise, excellent choice for a (serious) home.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Alternative to Ink-Jets, 6 July 2013
bought this to replace Dell Ink-jet, which has been nothing but trouble over the years (very poor software and usb interface, which even the man from Dell agreed was below par).

Have the LaserJet configured via wireless network which was very simple to do. Printed from my Desktop, two laptops, plus have installed App on IPhone and IPad to print from those as well. Really easy setup, plus you can print via email without having any PC's turned on (a it of a gimmick, but might be useful). Print time is great (especially compared to inkjet) plus scanner works really well (you wouldn't know it was being done via the Wi-Fi). A great price plus I got 70.00 back from HP on there rebate scheme.

This is a great printer.

3.0 out of 5 stars Not the Best from HP, 9 Nov. 2014
Silvester (Sheffield, United Kingdom) - See all my reviews
(TOP 50 REVIEWER)
This machine was easy to set up: plug in, switch on, connect to the wireless, install the driver, and print! I spent a little more time setting up an online HP account, which allows me to customise the available apps that can be used directly from the printer.

PROS:
* Simple to set up with computers and handheld devices
* Easy wireless connection
* Loads of printing features
* Good colour reproduction
* Available apps are great

CONS:
* Sometimes slow from standby to print first page
* High operating cost
* Operating noise

5.0 out of 5 stars Very good printer, 27 Feb. 2013
Works well, Fast first page out, prints beautifully, and scans to USB (very useful!). This -nw model is wireless and integrated into my wireless network in a hassle-free manner.